ADVERTISEMENT

LPT Season Ticket Sales...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
I can't vouch for this info, but it was broadcast on a Lexington radio station this week, and I have no reason to question its accuracy. The last data point reflects sales through 5-27-2016 which will obviously increase before the season starts...

UK%20Football%20Ticket%20Sales_zpswlcanw8o.jpg

This year's number (31,314) is reportedly down 19% from last year again accounting just for sales to date. I added the current capacity line, but capacity prior to 2015 was obviously around 70 thousand.

One takeaway for me in this trend is that it shows a more serious decline than can be explained by a single coach and his performance. The highest attendance under Stoops (2013) is lower than the highest achieved under Joker (2010). And the lowest under Stoops (2016 to date) appears to be coming in lower than Joker's final year (2012).

An indicator not of a coach in decline, but a program in decline.

LPT Football: Stadium reduction phase II...

If the moron Barnhardt didn't renew and gave Stoops a raise when he did, this could have been Stoops last year w/UK, but for Stoops sake, it most likely won't be. X amount more years that we'll end there season w/no bowl game!! :D

Doesn't matter. They'll still announce a sell out each and every game. Actual attendance is irrelevant.

I understand that MB has a part time job as a financial advisor.:rolleyes:

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

So I'm guessing you actually believe that UL reports actual attendence instead of tickets sold? You're wrong if you do
Louisville announces tickets scanned, not tickets sold. The UK vs Vandy game a couple of years ago was mind blowing, there couldn't have been more than 25,000 at the game and the announced crowd was in the upper 50's.

Louisville announces tickets scanned, not tickets sold. The UK vs Vandy game a couple of years ago was mind blowing, there couldn't have been more than 25,000 at the game and the announced crowd was in the upper 50's.
UL did the same last year. I believe it was the Virginia game (it was raining) and the crowd was announced to have been in the mid-upper 40's but on TV there were maybe 40-50 people sitting in each of the lower sections

cffl87 you are a liar. First, our fans don't sit around in their seats and to me, that's a mistake. We report "scanned" tickets period. uahkay doesn't even sell out their allotment of tickets to the game with UofL when it is here at PJCS. Our mods need to review your "over exaggerations" and out right lies.

Reactions: WKCard and wilkie01
I think the U-la-K fan base is finally waking up to reality.

Stoops has taken them for a LOT of dough. He had zero track record, and had to learn on the job, which has exhibited itself several ways. He's all name, with no aptitude.

LPT -- always trying to be like little brother.

Mitch's thought process:
"Wow that Charlie Strong sure is kicking ass over there. How can we keep up? OH ... we'll hire Florida State's DC for head coach. THAT'S THE TICKET!"

UL did the same last year. I believe it was the Virginia game (it was raining) and the crowd was announced to have been in the mid-upper 40's but on TV there were maybe 40-50 people sitting in each of the lower sections

I call BS. I was at the Virginia game and I doubt you were. There was no section in the entire stadium, much less a lower section, with "40-50 people" in it. Maybe an hour before the game but certainly not during the game. The crowd was down but was definately well into the 45,000 plus range.

Reactions: wilkie01
UK is a one sport school. Always has been. Probably always will be. (I say probably because stranger things have happened). On the rare occasion that another sport does well the fans show up. But only then. A large percentage of their season ticket holders for football only buy them to get points for their basketball seats. They then give or throw them away when the team isn't doing well. That's why they announce sold seats for their attendance.

Reactions: American Male
I call BS. I was at the Virginia game and I doubt you were. There was no section in the entire stadium, much less a lower section, with "40-50 people" in it. Maybe an hour before the game but certainly not during the game. The crowd was down but was definately well into the 45,000 plus range.
It may not have been the Virginia game but I think it was. My friends walked down to the first row for the game and took and pic together and there was no one for 10-15 rows behind them. Was Cuse at home? I thought I remembered them having Orange on their jerseys whoever it was that you played when it rained

It may not have been the Virginia game but I think it was. My friends walked down to the first row for the game and took and pic together and there was no one for 10-15 rows behind them. Was Cuse at home? I thought I remembered them having Orange on their jerseys whoever it was that you played when it rained

First it was "on TV." Now it's "My friends walked down to the first row and took the picture." First it was "there were maybe 40-50 people sitting in each of the lower sections." Now in one section "there was no one for 10-15 rows behind them." First it was Virginia. Now it is some team wearing Orange.

I call BS. Post the picture. Along with some proof it was taken during the game. Otherwise go back to your own message board where posting fiction is a way of life or better yet get a job working for Trump or Clinton.

Last edited:

Liar, liar pants on fire. Come on mods. Get this liar off our board. I seriously don't mind honest dialogue with "good" fans but this guy is a lying snake in the grass and a POS.

Reactions: wilkie01

Why don't you just admit you don't know what you're talking about? Your story is changing from post to post. This is just another weak attempt of a UK fan trying to spread a narrative but no one is buying into your fantasies here.

You can be a big man on the UK board where fans spout off about UofL with no facts to back it up and everyone just lets it slide due to the hate.

Getting back to the thread topic... Something else to add, back in 2012 there was an organized fan boycott going on, in protest of Joker. I haven't heard about anything like that with this drop.

And yet as Zipp pointed out, the numbers now are lower than at Joker's lowest point. It makes me wonder if the fan support is really fizzling out after decades of blind loyalty. And not with the thunderous roar of a boycott but with a silent apathetic whimper.

Courtesy of youtube and the ACC Digital Network, here are the highlights of the UVA and Cuse football games last year...

Virginia

Syracuse

The UVA game was in bright sunshine, and I don't see any rain at the Cuse game either. I also tried to get some crowd shots from the highlight clips. Here's a sideline endzone snapshot during the 4th quarter of the UVA game...

UVA-U%20of%20L%20Football%20Crowd%20Photo_zpsmpcsi1vw.jpg

And here's a 4th quarter enzone snapshot during the Cuse game...

Cuse-U%20of%20L%20Football%20Crowd%20Photo_zpse2ba1f8w.jpg

Not that I recall either way. But in both cases, it looks like there were plenty of fans still around in the 4th quarter of each game. I encourage anyone with a dissenting view to post evidence otherwise.

LPT Football: But don't give the fans a reason to stay in the 4th quarter...

Last edited:
So I'm guessing you actually believe that UL reports actual attendence instead of tickets sold? You're wrong if you do
Wow. You really picked the wrong guy to call out. I am actually a sentimental fan of UK football (having considered walking on to play for it out of high school) and often attend games when they don't conflict with UofL. EVERYONE who is a UK fan including the diehard koolaid drinkers on Catspause acknowledge and agree that UK fudges its attendance numbers. It is an open secret and a continuous source of self-amusement. Why in the wide, wide world of sports would you go to another board and try to dispute something that even the UK fan base accepts as an amusing fact? That is just bizarre.
BTW, the Blazing Saddles reference was intentional. :)

Wow. You really picked the wrong guy to call out. I am actually a sentimental fan of UK football (having considered walking on to play for it out of high school) and often attend games when they don't conflict with UofL. EVERYONE who is a UK fan including the diehard koolaid drinkers on Catspause acknowledge and agree that UK fudges its attendance numbers. It is an open secret and a continuous source of self-amusement. Why in the wide, wide world of sports would you go to another board and try to dispute something that even the UK fan base accepts as an amusing fact? That is just bizarre.
BTW, the Blazing Saddles reference was intentional. :)
I didn't say that UK doesn't report tickets sold I only asked if you actually thought that UL reported tickets scanned becaise they don't. Any fan that attends UL games and was being honest with themselves would agree that both schools do it

Courtesy of youtube and the ACC Digital Network, here are the highlights of the UVA and Cuse football games last year...

Virginia

Syracuse

The UVA game was in bright sunshine, and I don't see any rain at the Cuse game either. I also tried to get some crowd shots from the highlight clips. Here's a sideline endzone snapshot during the 4th quarter of the UVA game...

UVA-U%20of%20L%20Football%20Crowd%20Photo_zpsmpcsi1vw.jpg

And here's a 4th quarter enzone snapshot during the Cuse game...

Cuse-U%20of%20L%20Football%20Crowd%20Photo_zpse2ba1f8w.jpg

Not that I recall either way. But in both cases, it looks like there were plenty of fans still around in the 4th quarter of each game. I encourage anyone with a dissenting view to post evidence otherwise.

LPT Football: But don't give the fans a reason to stay in the 4th quarter...
Then I was wrong about which game it was but I said upfront that I wasn't exactly sure which it was. Surely someone with season tickets remembers the game that had maybe 5-10k by the end of it. It rained a good part of the game so I'm sure anyone that was there would have a hard time forgetting

Then I was wrong about which game it was but I said upfront that I wasn't exactly sure which it was. Surely someone with season tickets remembers the game that had maybe 5-10k by the end of it. It rained a good part of the game so I'm sure anyone that was there would have a hard time forgetting

You are so full of it. Now it wasn't Virginia or Syracuse. Now it was 5-10k at the end of the some game where it was raining. Before it was no more than 40-50 fans in every lower section of the stadium with no mention of it being the end of the game. The only other team that wore Orange that the Cards played at home last season was Clemson. That was a Thursday night game and the place was packed.

I have season tickets. I haven't missed a home game since the second to last game in 2004. Not even during the worst of the Kragthorpe era did the Cards have "no more than 40-50 fans" in every section of the lower bowl which is what your first post claimed.

I found the following link which notes that Louisville's reported attendance does not count "no-shows" - people who bought tickets but did not show up:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19518650/crawford-u-of-l-attendance-rising-but-still-room-for-growth

I then found the following link which had to use an open records request to prove that UK counts sold tickets to report their attendance:

http://ukfootball.bloginky.com/2012/11/07/actual-attendance-figures-for-uk-football/
BOOM!!!!

End of thread

I wasn't lying I just couldn't remember which game it was. It was Boaton College and this pic was taken early in the game before many left

I found the following link which notes that Louisville's reported attendance does not count "no-shows" - people who bought tickets but did not show up:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19518650/crawford-u-of-l-attendance-rising-but-still-room-for-growth

I then found the following link which had to use an open records request to prove that UK counts sold tickets to report their attendance:

http://ukfootball.bloginky.com/2012/11/07/actual-attendance-figures-for-uk-football/
Check the attendance figure for the BC game because of it was over 10-15k then they reported tickets sold

This website says that there were 41k at the BC game and that has to be tickets sold looking at the picture I posted from the game

2015 attendance figures

25,000. . . my eye!! If you're referring to the 2012 Vandy game (they lost 40-0 btw) then there weren't more than 10,000 people there. You can find pictures. One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Oh and they listed that crowd at just under 45,000.
19995122_BG1.JPG

Last edited:
...the numbers now are lower than at Joker's lowest point. It makes me wonder if the fan support is really fizzling out after decades of blind loyalty. And not with the thunderous roar of a boycott but with a silent apathetic whimper.
A trend with lower highs and lower lows. If LPT was a stock, a stock trader would tell you "don't touch it!"

LPT Football: We already knew that...

And we know that because LPT Rob posted it today and told us?

:p

LPT Football: Our fans will believe anything...
The picture was taken by a journalist that covers UL and I saved the picture. I could go all the way back to Oct 24th and find the original post if you don't believe me

The picture was taken by a journalist that covers UL and I saved the picture. I could go all the way back to Oct 24th and find the original post if you don't believe me
I don't really care because your point is WAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic. U of L is INCREASING the size of its stadium--again--and the thread's about LPT football attendance.

But if you're gonna bring evidence into a debate, you're gonna have to do better than LPT Rob as a source.

LPT Football: Changing the debate sometimes works...

I wasn't lying I just couldn't remember which game it was. It was Boaton College and this pic was taken early in the game before many left

That is a picture of a Louisville kickoff, most likely the opening kickoff. The only 4 Louisville kickoffs in the game were in the first half as the Cards scored all 17 of its points in the first half and kicked off to open the game. The game started at noon. Noon crowds are notoriously late arriving so your picture proves nothing other than there is no section visible in your picture where there are 40-50 fans much less all of the sections in the lower bowl which you originally claimed. So yes, you are a liar.

If you go to the videos on the link below there is video showing BC blocking a Louisville punt in the second quarter and returning it for a touchdown. At the end the video shows the block with a view of the lower sections of the south endzone which is largely filled. Hardly 40-50 fans in a section. Louisville reported 41,486 total attendance at the BC game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=400756959

I was there and admitedly the crowd was not the best of the season. In fact it was the smallest crowd all season. As noted it was a noon start. Louisville was 2-4 going into the game which was the week after the Florida State loss. BC brought absolutely no fans so the first two sections on the north east side of the stadium, the visitors section, were virtually empty. I believe the reported attendance accurately reflects the number of ticketholders who passed through the turnstiles.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
You are ate up with the Green Eyed Monster.

We are an emerging athletic empire, FB, BB, Base Ball, Soccer, WBB, WSB, Golf and on and on.

uk is a one trick pony, and that pony is not really dominating considering the talent you have.

uk would give their seat at the $EC altar to be us.

But they aren't, and never will be.

I think the U-la-K fan base is finally waking up to reality.

Stoops has taken them for a LOT of dough. He had zero track record, and had to learn on the job, which has exhibited itself several ways. He's all name, with no aptitude.

LPT -- always trying to be like little brother.

Mitch's thought process:
"Wow that Charlie Strong sure is kicking ass over there. How can we keep up? OH ... we'll hire Florida State's DC for head coach. THAT'S THE TICKET!"
Everything Brainfart does at UK is a kneejerk reaction to what Jurich is doing at UofL. Talk about being obsessed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT