ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville WBB Tip off Luncheon today

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Cardinals women's basketball fans will gather at the Galt House today for the WBB Tip-Off Luncheon. Always a fun and gala affair, you can expect plenty of video, getting to know the team a little better and Jeff Walz's "State of the Cardinals" address. And Louie and the Pep Band

Doors open 11:30 am. Lunch and festivities at noon.

Paulie and I will attend and I'll try to get you a recap on it later today

--sonja--

Last edited:
Cardinals women's basketball fans will gather at the Galt House today for the WBB Tip-Off Luncheon. Always a fun and gala affair, you can expect plenty of video, getting to know the team a little better and Jeff Walz's "State of the Cardinals" address. And Louie and the Pep Band

Doors open 11:30 am. Lunch and festivities at noon.

Paulie and I will attend and I'll try to get you a recap on it later today

--sonja--
Luncheon was a good time per usual for WBB. The pep band, Lady Birds and Louie warmed up the arriving crowd.

Nick Curran was the emcee and after greeting the capacity crowd, a brief highlights video from last year was shown and then he introduced each of the players. The invocation was delivered by Kasa Robinson.

Then lunch was served. The fare was a mixed greens salad, portion of roast beef, green beans, mashed potatoes and rolls. Dessert was tiramisu. It was banquet food, yo know how that goes, but the tiramisu was delicious.

After dining, Josh Heird addressed the crowd and Nick Curran did a Q&A with Kasa, Hailey and Olivia.

Then, it was Walz's turn at the podium. No real bomb shells dropped today, a feel-good, let's get pumped up about the team and the season address from Walz.

I did find out that Cortnee Walton will be joining Nick Curran on the radio broadcasts...A.J will be on the bench with the coaches and team. Both are excited about their roles this season.

It was great to see everyone and I got to talk to my buddy LaMont Russell for awhle, as well as many other people.

Radio show tomorrow night at 7 p.m. 970 AM or 93.9 FM. Location is Parlour Pizza, the downtown Louisville establishment at 133 W Liberty Street. All shows will broadcast live on 93.9 FM The Ville and 970 AM WGTK and will run from 7-8 p.m.

--sonja--

Reactions: shutterbug
Thought Cortnee was coming back in a coaching role??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT