ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Texas

You gotta love Walz

WALZ, to a reporter's question from Texas: "I'm not gonna say they gave us anything. I mean, that's crap. We earned it, big guy. We threw that damn ball in the paint the first possession in the game to Olivia Cochran and said we're going right at your bigs."

EXCELLENT 1st HALF
EXCELLENT !!!

EVERYBODY PLAYED GREAT!!!
14 point lead at the end of the 1st half... WOW!!!

With Robinson on the bench...
Cochran played excellent
Dixon, played excellent
Jones played excellent
Williams hit a 3, mixed it up a bit, excellent
Russell excellent
Carr, missed shots... but grabbed rebounds and played awesome defensively

2 TURNOVERS ENTIRE 1st half...
Really love the fact how you fail to mention HVL in any of your posts... You're not the only one but don't understand why our fans love to point out when they think she's shooting too much or having too many turnovers but fail to give her the credit she deserves.

Go Cards!!!

If you think Texas media was bad, you should hear what the staff heard after the Drake win …… lot of “haters” that cannot get past the fact that CJW, UL and our young ladies can overcome obstacles in upholding the remarkable success we have in WBB.

If you think Texas media was bad, you should hear what the staff heard after the Drake win …… lot of “haters” that cannot get past the fact that CJW, UL and our young ladies can overcome obstacles in upholding the remarkable success we have in WBB.
Can you expand on this? Also, HVL was clutch last night - period. She is not infallible by any means- but who is?

I wish I had more to share Bardman; but my comments were taken from the post-game interview following the win over Drake. Stephanie (I hope that is accurate) joined Nick Curran's broadcast team as a substitute for CJW. Is she an assistant, or staffer? I honestl

I was shocked and would like to hear more details myself, but I heard specifically reference to "haters" on twitter attacking UL's performance. I never heard UK specifically mentioned, but I recall she made reference "to "those she reminded that they were the ones who were staying home as they never made it this far".

I suspect Nick had no desire to "go there", as UL would probably like to avoid that sort of dialogue on the airwaves, but I wish we heard more identities exposed.

I wish I had more to share Bardman; but my comments were taken from the post-game interview following the win over Drake. Stephanie (I hope that is accurate) joined Nick Curran's broadcast team as a substitute for CJW. Is she an assistant, or staffer? I honestl

I was shocked and would like to hear more details myself, but I heard specifically reference to "haters" on twitter attacking UL's performance. I never heard UK specifically mentioned, but I recall she made reference "to "those she reminded that they were the ones who were staying home as they never made it this far".

I suspect Nick had no desire to "go there", as UL would probably like to avoid that sort of dialogue on the airwaves, but I wish we heard more identities exposed.
Haters gonna hate. I’ll assume it was Stephanie Norman, Assoc Head Coach.

We’re going to have listen to haters the further we dance so let’s make it hard on them and go all the way. CJW referred to the jackass that sat behind the team bench during the Texas game multiple times. Th guy must have been really obnoxious for the Coach to call him out as much as he did because he eluded to the guy several times in his post game presser. I was so glad for this win at their place because for me it was a little revenge for the volleyball match.

Reactions: Bardman
We’re going to have listen to haters the further we dance so let’s make it hard on them and go all the way. CJW referred to the jackass that sat behind the team bench during the Texas game multiple times. Th guy must have been really obnoxious for the Coach to call him out as much as he did because he eluded to the guy several times in his post game presser. I was so glad for this win at their place because for me it was a little revenge for the volleyball match.
I might have been a little hard on HVL after the Drake game, but at the end of this article Walz actually points out that he’s proud of her play after the last two games. HVL played, especially yesterday, the way I expect her to and that’s with laser focus and tenacity. That’s HVL I expect but was missing

Really love the fact how you fail to mention HVL in any of your posts... You're not the only one but don't understand why our fans love to point out when they think she's shooting too much or having too many turnovers but fail to give her the credit she deserves.

Go Cards!!!
Lol. You might want to read the Eric Crawford’s article I just posted, he points out that he’s proud of HVL over the last two games because she let the games come to her instead of forcing things.
HVL was turning the ball over to much and she was forcing things, she wasn’t playing HVL ball. However she definitely started playing her ball in the fourth quarter against Drake and played her best all around game yesterday. To call her out doesn’t mean anything other than pointing out she’s capable of much more.

I listened to CJW post game presser and he said that he hasn’t been able to keep HVL out of games long. He said she is a constant competitor and he can’t afford to keep her out of the game long. He told a story about him and Geno the UConn coach. He said when we had Angel on the team Geno told him you should take Angel out every now and then.

CJW responded I will take Angel out when you take Maya out and neither of them took their star players out. Our team just started playing good this past month and they keep getting better each game. I see things differently than you regarding HVL. You say HVL let the game come to her and that is what she needs to do.

I think she was able to do that because the rest of the team has started to play up to their abilities so she doesn’t have carry the whole burden. Even the announcers were saying that during the game. All the top teams have a player like HVL and they have a supporting cast. I think our supporting cast has finally showed up and at the right time. We could be peaking at the right time which would be great for all of us fans.

The success of this team means something to us. We’ve been following them since they have arrived on campus and we know their stories as if they were a part of our families. They are a distraction from every day stresses that we have and the further they go the better we feel. They also give us bragging rights over all our rivals which is the best part.

Reactions: phenderson
This focus on HVL’s performance is what fans do, but much of this attention is unfair to HVL, CJW and the rest of the team.

I watched one of the most talented ACC players, in VT’s Amoore struggle through a 7-23 shooting night in their win over SDST. Without her 21 points, ball handling and defense ……. they would have lost and gone home, as her missing on 16 shots, most of which she normally hits, serves as another example of how the team leaders may not play perfectly every game, but they are the ones who contribute sufficiently to win the game and advance.

HVL is not going to play perfect every game, but we would have never received an at-large bid to this tournament without HVL playing so many minutes in the regular season and contributing even when her performance was not up to the All-American expectations that she brought in the beginning of this season.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
This focus on HVL’s performance is what fans do, but much of this attention is unfair to HVL, CJW and the rest of the team.

I watched one of the most talented ACC players, in VT’s Amoore struggle through a 7-23 shooting night in their win over SDST. Without her 21 points, ball handling and defense ……. they would have lost and gone home, as her missing on 16 shots, most of which she normally hits, serves as another example of how the team leaders may not play perfectly every game, but they are the ones who contribute sufficiently to win the game and advance.

HVL is not going to play perfect every game, but we would have never received an at-large bid to this tournament without HVL playing so many minutes in the regular season and contributing even when her performance was not up to the All-American expectations that she brought in the beginning of this season.
True, but it’s like since she a lady you can’t criticize her. People criticized LJ because your correct no one’s perfect and that was ok. I never said HVL shouldn’t be in the game, she has to be. But it’s a fact she was turning the ball over to much throughout the year, whether it was focus or forcing things. It’s also the reason she got honorable mention this year I suspect. Having said that, anyone with a brain knew it wouldn’t last. Even the great Darrel Griffith had a slump in 1980, it happens, didn’t mean he wasn’t a great player as is true with HVL.

So many contributed to this huge win; Cochran set the tone early and Jones showed why she can play when asserting herself. Team win, and once again Hailey leads the way.
Two of the players I have been SUPER critical of throughout the year have been Jones and Dixon. They showed me up big time yesterday. In fact, I have to say, over the course of last 10 games... Dixon has really started to shine...

I don't know what got into the girls, but the game against Drake was a "let them shoot till their arms fall off, as long as they are not 3-pointers"... and it worked at the end.... This game was basicaly dominance and control for about 35 minutes. Once we got the lead, we never let up. It was one of the most complete games we have played all year long....especially against a red hot team (7-3 in their last 10 games, won the Big 12 regular season and lost in the Big 12 title game) with complete home court advantage.

With all of the upsets in our bracket... there is really high chance we make it to Elite 8 or Final 4.
I predicted this team would be Sweet 16 team after first 5 games of the season... but things are definitely looking up...

Go Cards!!!
This is interesting... because I don't really have much against HVL.
She does her job. She is the designated scorer and with 19.2 ppg proves she is consistent at it.
I could have said something good or bad about her AND Robinson, who have both been in Foul trouble in 1st half, the past 2 games, and then came back in 2nd half and BOTH have boosted the team to victory.

I am giving props to the team for not only SURVIVING during those tough stretches with out HVL and Kasa, but also going in at the half tied or with the lead. It shows the GROWTH of the team to be able to survive without the offensive super star or defensive\All-rounder.

I could have said something negative about Olivia almost getting a tech for constantly scowling and hollering at the refs (HVL does too). And I had to come to an understanding about Jeff screaming and shouting at the players during time outs (Side note, as a man with 3 daughters... I have learned to not shout and scream at them when I get frustrated... I also had to recognize that Women coaches scream and shout at players too, its just that during the LULL of a timeout with a lack of a crowd, or lack of sound from the crowd, men's voices carry more so and seem harsher...).

HVL did her thing. SHe made some BIG time shots... in BOTH games... she was ON... its the expectation.
Robinson did her thing... SHE WAS DIESEL when she needed to be. Made some HUGE players on both sides of the floor...

But the team, to me, has GROWN...

This is interesting... because I don't really have much against HVL.
She does her job. She is the designated scorer and with 19.2 ppg proves she is consistent at it.
I could have said something good or bad about her AND Robinson, who have both been in Foul trouble in 1st half, the past 2 games, and then came back in 2nd half and BOTH have boosted the team to victory.

I am giving props to the team for not only SURVIVING during those tough stretches with out HVL and Kasa, but also going in at the half tied or with the lead. It shows the GROWTH of the team to be able to survive without the offensive super star or defensive\All-rounder.

I could have said something negative about Olivia almost getting a tech for constantly scowling and hollering at the refs (HVL does too). And I had to come to an understanding about Jeff screaming and shouting at the players during time outs (Side note, as a man with 3 daughters... I have learned to not shout and scream at them when I get frustrated... I also had to recognize that Women coaches scream and shout at players too, its just that during the LULL of a timeout with a lack of a crowd, or lack of sound from the crowd, men's voices carry more so and seem harsher...).

HVL did her thing. SHe made some BIG time shots... in BOTH games... she was ON... its the expectation.
Robinson did her thing... SHE WAS DIESEL when she needed to be. Made some HUGE players on both sides of the floor...

But the team, to me, has GROWN...
You do understand that Jeff has a disorder right?

Drake was a better team than Texas. Very impressed with their discipline and coaching. Without Hailey's tough as nails play during the 4th quarter we lose that game.
Very well coached team and it showed. The Cards gutted it out, which is pretty common for the first game of the tournament. But I don’t think anyone saw the results against Texas coming. The Cards seem to be gelling at the perfect time.

You do understand that Jeff has a disorder right?
After following the team closely, since 2011, I am well aware he that he stutters... I have a younger brother who is being promoted\commissioned to LT Colonel in the Army, next weekend. He stutters as well. I am not aware of any other disorder.

Reactions: Bardman
After following the team closely, since 2011, I am well aware he that he stutters... I have a younger brother who is being promoted\commissioned to LT Colonel in the Army, next weekend. He stutters as well. I am not aware of any other disorder.
It's not that he just has a stutter. He sometimes struggles to find the words sometimes. He's been trying to cut down on the cuss words.

In another light, I think you should read the article talking about Emily Engstler. She left Syracuse because of an abusive coach. Do you think she would say the great things she says about Jeff if she felt he was constantly yelling at his players? There is a difference between motivation and verbal abuse.

Reactions: 2330859
We must stop Angel Baker tomorrow night, as she is to Ole Miss what HVL is to UL. I expect Morgan Jones to play a huge role in assisting Mykassa in defending Baker.

if you go back and examine the most impressive efforts this UL WBB team has shown this year, it’s the ones where Jones exhibited her length, her quickness and her athleticism rebounding, defending and scoring.

So much responsibility for this team’s success has been dependent on HVL, primarily when Carr, Jones and Cochran struggled to provide any contribution. I think this team has finally reached a point where we have 8-10 kids willing to do their part.

Reactions: vivid_red
It's not that he just has a stutter. He sometimes struggles to find the words sometimes. He's been trying to cut down on the cuss words.

In another light, I think you should read the article talking about Emily Engstler. She left Syracuse because of an abusive coach. Do you think she would say the great things she says about Jeff if she felt he was constantly yelling at his players? There is a difference between motivation and verbal abuse.
2 things...

I never said he was abusive... nor did I say he was cussing. If I did then that would make me a liar, lying on somebody else. Please, quote me where I said those things....

I did say that he was shouting at the players during timeout. 1 or 2 in particular. And I did say you could hear him, across the arena on the TV Sets shouting "ZONE, I SAID ZONE" etc... It made me cringe.. because I have 3 daughters... a 21 year old, a 12 year old and a 11 year old. I think, as a young father, I yelled at the 21 year old a lot, when she was young. She is now the same age as these girls, and so I notice, my 21 year old yells a lot when she is excited. I don't yell at the 12 and 11 year old.

I don't know your need to accuse me of some negative agenda... but if that is what you need to keep yourself going so be it.

With HVL, she is the face of the team. She gets all of the props and pub and good vibes that she wants from the press... and fanbase. Russ Smith was the same way his 2 years at Louisville.

I see a lot of coaches getting on their players to me it is no big deal. I remember when Calipari was at Memphis they had to tell him to quit cussing. He was yelling at his players during games but he was using a lot of profanity and you could hear it loud and clear. The Texas coach was re hit with his players he wasn’t holding back.

I did say that he was shouting at the players during timeout. 1 or 2 in particular. And I did say you could hear him, across the arena on the TV Sets shouting "ZONE, I SAID ZONE" etc... It made me cringe.. because I have 3 daughters... a 21 year old, a 12 year old and a 11 year old. I think, as a young father, I yelled at the 21 year old a lot, when she was young. She is now the same age as these girls, and so I notice, my 21 year old yells a lot when she is excited. I don't yell at the 12 and 11 year old.

I guess wear ear plugs or muffs for your girls, but othewise what was your point you were making then?

I guess wear ear plugs or muffs for your girls, but othewise what was your point you were making then?
It made him cringe.

Reactions: nccardfan
I watched it on TV and I could see him talking with the team at timeouts. Some of the times he was more animated than others. I never heard what he was saying on my tv set.

We must stop Angel Baker tomorrow night, as she is to Ole Miss what HVL is to UL. I expect Morgan Jones to play a huge role in assisting Mykassa in defending Baker.

if you go back and examine the most impressive efforts this UL WBB team has shown this year, it’s the ones where Jones exhibited her length, her quickness and her athleticism rebounding, defending and scoring.

So much responsibility for this team’s success has been dependent on HVL, primarily when Carr, Jones and Cochran struggled to provide any contribution. I think this team has finally reached a point where we have 8-10 kids willing to do their part.
This game will be a weird one. Basically they have length and speed... These are things that give us trouble.
The more I watch us play, the more, I see a FOCUSED team... one that is angry and frustrated with how they were tretaed during the regular season. One that was frustrated with how they KNEW they were better than what they were, just that they did not rise to meet the various challenges, until it was almost too late.

No ONE on that bench or in our fanbase or media expected us to have 11 losses heading into the NCAA's.
These girls are playing with a chip on their shoulder about like the 2009 Squad... and the 2013

The point was that I could have complained about a variety of things... but I didn't... and yet, you make it seem like I was dogging HVL because I did not mention her in my praises

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT