ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS NOTRE DAME GAME THREAD

Defense just has to sell out to stop the better teams. They just don’t have the dudes. Then they make awful mistakes at key times.

Wide receivers have not been good either

I think they got screwed multiple spots in really tough spots. The Lacy PI was another head scratcher that probably cost them points.

With that said the staff wasn’t good. How do you get a delay of game in that spot.

Well, apparently Brohm can piss away games with play calls with the likes of Satterfield. No timeouts and we run the ball instead of going to our dynamic receivers. I couldn't believe what I was seeing when we ran on both first and second down. It's like he wanted a 4th and 1 play.

I don't get it, but I don't get paid millions to get it. Cards left this W on the field big time. They are clearly the more talented team. Another curious thing to me was Brohm didn't look too upset about it.

This is not a conference game and he knows he won't go undefeated. Win the ACC and make the playoffs. A loss to ND in September won't matter. It's like Brohm with the Denny Crum attitude when losing a game early in the season.

As a fan it blows.

Why did the Qb pull up from the center and allow the penalty??
QB play cost the the cards the game. He is too indecisive and has been all year. He throws too late when he throws at all.
The last O play failed becasue of his decision to pull up instead of trusting the play.

• Haha
Reactions: earsky
Somebody make that last series make sense...anybody for God's sake! Why why why when they couldn't stop the pass are we acting like there's 5 minutes left?!
Brohm definitely needs to answer what he was doing on that last series. I'm guessing he was trying to use the run to get a new set of downs so the throws to the end zone would be shorter.

And that 4th down play was basically a hail Mary. Why not throw for the 6 yards. ND was in a zone all spread out protecting the end zone. Nothing about that series of plays makes any sense.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
They aren’t even in the game without QB. Brooks drops a ball where they are going to get points instead it leads to 3 points for ND. He does hold the ball too long but good defenses tend to do that to QB’s.

I really don’t understand not taking points at the end of 1st knowing you are getting ball to start 2nd half.

The backend of the defense just isn’t good.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Brohm has several questionable plays to answer for. You know, he is the co coordinator with his brother Brian, so maybe it's Brian who needs questioning?

But not kicking the FG at the end of the 1st half was Jeff's alone. Not getting points there was just unacceptable if you're going to win on the road.

And he didn't seem all that upset, just like at the end of the game. Blown opportunities cost him the victory and it's like ho hum.

I'm sure he's pissed but I do have a different take on this team than I did before this game. The offense is still in flux and erratic. With Lacy back and I. Brown taking over as #1 RB the offense is set to get better. Shough is a stud and we're through if he misses any games.

Getting a delay of game with 4th and less than 1 is just totally unacceptable and inexcusable. I knew Jody wouldn't even ask Brohm about it. He's such a joke.
I just watched that sequence again and if I was a conspiracy theorist, I would claim Brohm didn't want to tie the game. That's how bad and odd it was. On the ball being spotted short on 3rd down, Brohm didn't challenge or even complain.

I suppose he didn't have the time without timeouts but like it almost always is, refs put the ball one yard short with Louisville. Then on 4th and 1, I was sure he was going to sneak it with Shough, but for some reason the ball wasn't snapped in time. It was like a trick play was coming and Shough was to fake the sneak and then drop back to pass.

But he changed his mind and didn't realize the clock was too low to change the play to sneak. Anyway, we shouldn't had been in this position in the first place. The entire last series just made no sense, especially when you don't have any timeouts.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Getting a delay of game with 4th and less than 1 is just totally unacceptable and inexcusable. I knew Jody wouldn't even ask Brohm about it. He's such a joke.
Would have expected after 2 min warning they'd have a 4th down play ready if 3rd down failed. Or a 1st down play ready if 3rd down was successful.

That is so hillbilly
Not at all, its so college, that's all. fraternities almost always have crappy couches, nes that are stained with ffluids ou don't want to know about, and you look forward to the chance to burn that fu$ker. So not hillbilly, just fun. Nothing like a good couch burning party.

Yeah,I’ll go ahead and say I thought we were better. The defense played pretty well. The offense?
Offense is right there now that Lacy is back. He and Brooks and Johnson and the Browns, especially Issac, make up an awesome skill position group for Shough who I am more than pleased with his ability.

Maybe Lacy will bring some rhythm to the offense in these next games?

This season has been so weird and different. Cards have played four games but everyone else seems to have played six. The first two games were so one sided it was like the NFL pre-season.

We have played just two power conference games. It's like we're behind everyone else, especially the coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT