ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Vs. Miss. St. Game Thread

I don't see a problem with this play. Nwora made the steal, there were no defenders past midcourt so he took it for the slam, maybe sparking some much needed energy. Besides, the way things were going, a pass to King stood a good chance of being fumbled out of bounds.[
Given that it resulted in two points - I didnt want a do-over but, I suspect the motivation for why he did it - resulting in some shitty optics - were as I suggested previously.

And while you make a good point on the chances that King would have fumbled a pass - those chances were probably < = to Nwora throwing it away or dribbling it off his foot. Either way - it won’t fly with whoever the next coach is and it would surprise me (though we’ll never know) if the next coach asked him about it.

One thing is clear, no matter who the coach is, you will not win with players that lack heart and have low basketball IQ! Rick Pitino recruit all these slugs!

Sure. Those guys represent the leadership of the team along with a couple others. When they start the game jacking up bad shot after bad shot it just causes other players to do the same. I know the competition was better last night but to break down a good defense you have to be patient and not take so many low percentage shots. This is what Adel and King have done all year and why I still think we have looked better in games where they played fewer minutes. What they do is like a cancer whether you are in a street ball game or a high level college game.
Interesting takes. Here's where I think that you're wrong.

1. Perry has made bad decisions offensively and jacked up poor shots all year and, it has been the main reason his clock has been limited at times. He is to say the least, a streaky shooter who only has had success when someone makes the extra pass and he can shoot - uncontested and in rhythm. His quickness has allowed him to get by some on ball defenders but he is (at this point) almost completely unable to finish at the rim, and he has shown no mid-range game. Besides, good fundamental players don't jack up shots because some other player does.

2. Other than when they have dumped it into Spalding, this team's offense was predicated on jacking up shots from the outside. Adel, King and Nwora have such bad handles, they cannot reliably get into the paint, and Sutton who can get into the paint, cannot finish at the rim. This team has lived and died on Q's and Adel's jump shots all year.

3. Breaking down a good defense takes a good game plan predicated on good scouting. Both of those require a good and experienced coach, and a coach that is able to command the respect and attention of the team. Again, not a knock on Padgett but, that was not the situation this year.

Lastly, if you think that the VJ King was one of the leaders of the team - you either: didn't watch this team play this year, you don't understand team sports or, the word "leader" doesn't mean what you think it means.

One thing is clear, no matter who the coach is, you will not win with players that lack heart and have low basketball IQ! Rick Pitino recruit all these slugs!
Do you honestly think that Pitino wouldn't have had this exact team playing at a much higher level and, in the NCAAs?

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT