ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS MIAMI GAME THREAD

Dodgers fans threw shit on the field after a bad call. What the hell are they doing in the stadium. This game is lost so I say **** it.
No, can't do that. That will not help in the least.

It is what it is and it's not changing. That overturned call could of went either way. What bugs me is how unlucky this team has been. There are teams who are 6 and 1 and have had almost everything go their way. That's not Louisville football.

To have the QB and offense we have with this Van Gorder type defense makes me want to vomit. Defense come out not ready to play and Brohm complains about being too passive. Same shit every game.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Our DT was blocked by just the center!!! We are very weak at the middle of the defense. Hurts when your ends have to help out in middle.

No, can't do that. That will not help in the least.

It is what it is and it's not changing. That overturned call could have went either way. What bugs me is how unlucky this team has been. There are teams who are 6 and 1 and have had almost everything go their way. That's not Louisville football.
We can’t why not? You are happy with getting screwed over by a piss poor conference week in and week out. Everyone bitches about the SEC but their refs don’t dictate the outcome of games. vandy knocked off Bama and and the refs didn’t interfere. I get emotionally involved anymore until we leave this piss poor conference.

We can’t why not? You are happy with getting screwed over by a piss poor conference week in and week out. Everyone bitches about the SEC but their refs don’t dictate the outcome of games. vandy knocked off Bama and and the refs didn’t interfere. I get emotionally involved anymore until we leave this piss poor conference.
I agree we get screwed but that doesn't mean throwing shit onto the field is okay. That behavior is as unacceptable as any bad calls by a ref. It's Busch league for sure.

Miami is good offensively but Louisville gifted them multiple times in getting lost. Then 3-17 you rush 4 play man to man with a running QB. That was the play of the game. It was a stupid defense in that scenario.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Valiant effort by the offense but we aren't going anywhere with English as the DC.
I have to concur and I believe Brohm is feeling the same. He was yelling at English in that first quarter.

Look, Ward is probably a Heisman finalist and Miami has tremendous skill players at his disposal. Louisville was never going to shut Miami down or hold them under their averages, but when the game was on the line in the 4th quarter, you just cannot let Ward run for a 1st down on 3rd and 17. He's not a running QB.

I was saying after we sacked him and it was 3rd down Brohm should have called a timeout and give the defense a strategy and a breather. Coach English needed to emphasize watching for Ward to run. Maybe even bait him to run and then tackle him.

This was the play of the day for Louisville to possibly win and like usual, the secondary was confused when Ward took off to run.

Reactions: UofLouisville
We spotted them 7 with the fumble in the end zone and then was robbed of 7 with the reversed call in the fumble by Ward. That’s a 14 point turn around!

Louisville has been on the wrong side of fortune the entire season so far. This is their 3rd seven point loss to teams that are currently ranked.

Just look how close we were to tying the game at 45 on that fumble by Ward. We were mere inches away from being tied. I can't dispute the replay decision even though I think that rule needs to be re-evaluated.

Miami was lucky, just like they were against VT and Cal. Louisville was unlucky just like they were against ND and SMU.

That's sports for you and the reason I've questioned many times my decision decades ago to care about it. It can be heartbreaking, cruel and frustrating all in one.

Louisville has been on the wrong side of fortune the entire season so far. This is their 3rd seven point loss to teams that are currently ranked.

Just look how close we were to tying the game at 45 on that fumble by Ward. We were mere inches away from being tied. I can't dispute the replay decision even though I think that rule needs to be re-evaluated.

Miami was lucky, just like they were against VT and Cal. Louisville was unlucky just like they were against ND and SMU.

That's sports for you and the reason I've questioned many times my decision decades ago to care about it. It can be heartbreaking, cruel and frustrating all in one.
In the last four games we have led for about 10 minutes combined. We are putting ourselves in terrible situations and then not capitalizing when the opportunities are there. The defense is slow and disorganized and today was out physicalled.

In the last four games we have led for about 10 minutes combined. We are putting ourselves in terrible situations and then not capitalizing when the opportunities are there. The defense is slow and disorganized and today was out physicalled.
I agree. Louisville would need good fortune to overcome their ineffective play at times, but the truth is had those breaks gone our way, we would not have 3 losses.

Take today. Had pass interference been called, it would have been 1st and goal instead we got nothing. Had holding been called on Miami, they would have punted instead of scoring a TD two plays later.

And if we would have hit Ward just a few seconds sooner, it would have been a fumble for a tying TD instead of a incomplete pass. Miami scored a TD a couple plays later.

There's plenty to criticize this team for, but this year they have been snakebit in these big games. Maybe we still lose without the bad breaks but I think we all know that wouldn't be the case.

Now the season is about making a decent bowl game. With road games ahead against Clemson, Pitt and UK, that's not going to be easy, especially if the breaks continue to go against us.

I was at the game and I can tell you the Miami TD where there was holding against Miami but no call really took the wind out of the sails for Louisville. Then later you had the Miami players foot out of bounds and he comes back in a catches a key pass. I was also shocked that Miami had a pretty good crown in the corner. When I watch their home games no matter who they are playing their stadium is always half full.

SMU is not a traditional ACC power and they screwed us on a replay against them also.
We're literally the red headed stepchild(sorry redheads,my mother and daughter both redheads 😅) in this conference...forever until we leave 🤔

I was watching Brohm when Miami scored the TD and they didn’t call a blatant holding call. He was livid and he verbally tore that guy a new asshole.

3rd most points Miami has scored this year behind Ball st (60) and FAMU (54). Even lowly Florida held them to less. We have a division 2 at best but most likely a D3 DC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT