ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS BOSTON COLLEGE GAME THREAD

Perry needs to quit with the one man show and play team ball and take the open shot when it is there. He can be really good if he plays within the framework of the team.

Biggest problem is that after Cunningham there are no true 1s in the team - and that isn’t changing this year. Perry gets out in that spot and he has a 2s mentality and the handle of a 3 or a 4. At this point, he needs to pattern his game after what Fore is doing - playing D and not hurting the team on the offensive end.

Should Cunningham get into foul trouble against any decent team - it would be difficult to win.

Biggest problem is that after Cunningham there are no true 1s in the team - and that isn’t changing this year. Perry gets out in that spot and he has a 2s mentality and the handle of a 3 or a 4. At this point, he needs to pattern his game after what Fore is doing - playing D and not hurting the team on the offensive end.

Should Cunningham get into foul trouble against any decent team - it would be difficult to win.
I agree. You saw what happened against Robert Morris when he was out.

We definitely had issues with the trapping press. I look for more teams to employ that defense.

Reactions: shadow force
I agree I thought that myself, I am sure other coaches watching us struggle with that will use that against us.

We definitely had issues with the trapping press. I look for more teams to employ that defense.
I agree however I think their success against it depends on their mindset. Last night they were trying not make mistakes and ended up passing a bunch side to side rather than attacking it by having Nwora throw over the top of it.

That is the key to breaking a press. Attacking it.

I see us doing a lot of bad things against the press (even at the end of UNC game) like picking the ball up or stopping in "trap zones" as we cross half-court allowing the half-court line to be another defender. BC and UNC did a lot of run and jump trap pressing defense / 3-Quarter court press.

I am sure Coach Mack will address this as we will be sure to see more of this against other teams.

That is the key to breaking a press. Attacking it.

I see us doing a lot of bad things against the press (even at the end of UNC game) like picking the ball up or stopping in "trap zones" as we cross half-court allowing the half-court line to be another defender. BC and UNC did a lot of run and jump trap pressing defense / 3-Quarter court press.

I am sure Coach Mack will address this as we will be sure to see more of this against other teams.
Going into the game I thought that would be our downfall versus UNC. Shows how much I know! But playing against a three quarter trap is a weakness for us at present.

I agree however I think their success against it depends on their mindset. Last night they were trying not make mistakes and ended up passing a bunch side to side rather than attacking it by having Nwora throw over the top of it.
Not only mindset but it is an issue of having small guards which is why you see Nwora or Sutton bringing the ball up to half court. The problem will be when teams put pressure on them and make them dribble, more so with Nwora. CC tends to turn his back on the defenders when he encounters pressure allowing someone from the backside to steal from behind. Perry is just out of control. VJ should have the handles and the size but doesn’t have the confidence. Hancock was great at being able to handle pressure.

Reactions: BPGhost
Yes many things being said here are good points - probably explaining why this team was predicted to run 11th in the ACC.

Going into the game I thought that would be our downfall versus UNC. Shows how much I know! But playing against a three quarter trap is a weakness for us at present.

It really is a weakness right now. I thought we would see more of it from UNC as well. UNC starting doing a lot more trapping late in the game... Mack has to expect more teams to spring this kind of defense on us especially with certain personnel in the game. I really like how this team is progressing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT