ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville stop rate defense ranked 92nd

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
What is stop rate? It's a basic measurement of success: the percentage of a defense's drives that end in punts, turnovers or a turnover on downs.

WKU - 38th
UK - 41st
Cincinnati - 50th
Louisville - 92nd

Obviously doesn't tell the whole story because it doesn't consider strength of your opponent, but it is a telling stat.... and not a good one.

What is stop rate? It's a basic measurement of success: the percentage of a defense's drives that end in punts, turnovers or a turnover on downs.

WKU - 38th
UK - 41st
Cincinnati - 50th
Louisville - 92nd

Obviously doesn't tell the whole story because it doesn't consider strength of your opponent, but it is a telling stat.... and not a good one.
So I’ll add our SOS for reference 22, has Louisville ever played a tougher schedule? I think not.

Looks like Petrino 2.0 type of defenses. There have been more drives of 75 plus yards than I can remember.

You can pile up meaningless stats in the middle of the field. The red zone is where games are won and lost…

Our red zone defense is 86th in the country.

Our offense is 88th.

Yikes! It’s a pretty lethal combination allowing teams to execute in the red zone and not being able to perform yourself.

Maybe I’m glad to be sitting at 5-3…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT