ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Results of 10 Years in the ACC

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
So how have we done overall since we made the big jump to the ACC in 10 seasons?

We were in a division with Clemson & FSU, so we didn't get the advantage of being in a weaker side where we could sneak in a few 1st place finishes to get to the ACC title game, so think about going into this list.

2014- 5-3, 3rd in Atlantic, finished ranked
2015- 5-3, 3rd in Atlantic
2016- 7-1, 1st in Atlantic(tie), finished ranked, Heisman winner
2017- 4-4, 3rd in Atlantic(tie)
2018- 0-8 last place
2019- 5-3, 2nd place in Atlantic
2020- 3-7, 12th in the ACC (COVID YEAR FWIW)
2021- 4-4, 4th in Atlantic(tie)
2022- 4-4, 3rd in Atlantic(tie)
2023- 7-1, 2nd overall in the ACC, ACC title game, finished ranked

I would dare to say other than Virginia Tech & Utah, we probably have had the best transition from the G5 level to the P5 level of any team.

We were top 3 in our division 6 of the 8 years when there was divisional play.
Not counting the COVID year, we were bowl eligible 8 of the 9 seasons.
2 of the years we were top 2 in the conference in 2016 & 2023
If not for 2 losses to Kentucky, 2016 & 2023, we would've had 2 NY6 Bowl appearances
Stadium expanded to 60,000
Heisman Trophy winner
Conference Title Game plus a Division title in 2016(co champions of the Atlantic)

So it's clear we've consistently been a top half ACC team over this last decade. Amazing that we had to fight for the last spot in the league and now are top team in the league. Amazing how Syracuse received a bid before us and now we've far surpassed them on any realignment list.

Like any decade there are ups and downs, but it generally was a very successful first decade in the ACC. Some may not see it that way because in the CUSA-Big East years we just rose so fast and had big successes with BCS bowls, more years ranked at the end, and conference titles, but we need to know that the steps get much higher as you move up. But we still have made big steps. We've established ourselves as a winning program in the Power 5 and have jumped so many programs that were already here.

This year has a lot of hype and excitement and lets keep it moving towards Howard's dream!

Over at Card Chronicle, they're not so confident in Louisville football this season. They got 6 people to predict the Cards game by schedule and one dude has the Cards losing to SMU 49 to 31. So much for the Cards stout defense.

Others predict losses to Pitt again, Virginia and GT is suddenly Alabama. Curiosly, most pick the Cards to beat ND. Most pick UK by saying until Louisville wins, they will always pick UK.

For me, there's not a lot of objective thinking going on with these picks. It's more emotional. The average loss amount for the Cards is 3 and one dude picked a 7 and 5 season. That would be a disaster in my book.

I guess it's hard to get respect nationally when a website that covers the program isn't showing the respect. Oh well, time to change that.

I would like to know the background of those who have the low expectations for us. I think our overall athletic program in all sports has done well and has added to the strength of the ACC.

Over at Card Chronicle, they're not so confident in Louisville football this season. They got 6 people to predict the Cards game by schedule and one dude has the Cards losing to SMU 49 to 31. So much for the Cards stout defense.

Others predict losses to Pitt again, Virginia and GT is suddenly Alabama. Curiosly, most pick the Cards to beat ND. Most pick UK by saying until Louisville wins, they will always pick UK.

For me, there's not a lot of objective thinking going on with these picks. It's more emotional. The average loss amount for the Cards is 3 and one dude picked a 7 and 5 season. That would be a disaster in my book.

I guess it's hard to get respect nationally when a website that covers the program isn't showing the respect. Oh well, time to change that.
As ole Howard used to say: Talk is cheap, lets play the game.

Win and the respect will come. Win big and often and their words mean nothing...nothing at all. Now, play ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT