ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Louisville Football Recruiting Insider

Chris Person

Oct 3, 2016
Not too much has been going on in the world of Louisville football recruiting but I did want to update you all on a couple of different things to keep an eye on.

- Louisville is hosting JJ Weaver this weekend for an official visit and the Cardinals still appear to be in a good spot to land the 4-star prospect. Out of all the uncommitted local kids, Weaver appears to be the Cardinals' top possibility to join the class and the Louisville staff has continued to recruit him hard. With Miami, Purdue, and UK also hot on the trail, will making an official visit to Louisville the weekend before his commitment be enough to land him? We will keep you updated on what we are hearing.

- Shawnkel Knight-Goff, another local prospect, is scheduled to make his decision today. While he is deciding between Louisville and Kentucky, I don't think the Cardinals have a shot at all here. Look for the Knight-Goff to commit to UK (for the second time).

- Louisville is working on flipping a couple USF commits, CB Daquan Evans and LB/DE Raymond Cutts. For those that have followed recruiting for some time now you will remember Cutts' name being mentioned on multiple occasions and despite his commitment to USF, Louisville has remained in the mix. Evans is a new name in the mix and although he isn't quite as athletic as some recent DB commits for Louisville, he is versatile, high football IQ, and good range. A source told me that they believe Louisville can flip both prospects so we will be keeping an eye on them.

- Along with JJ Weaver visiting tomorrow, Louisville will also be hosting Jaden Johnson, Anthony Adkins, Aidan Robbins, and Jack Randolph among others. We will likely be getting the visitor list this afternoon and will update you when we receiver that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News