ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Louisville Football Recruiting Insider (12/12)

Chris Person

Oct 3, 2016
Great Tuesday to everyone! Here is what is going on in the world of Louisville football recruiting.

- 3-star DT Allen Love decommitted from Ole Miss last night following his official visit to Louisville, which seems to indicate good news may be in the future for the Cards. This has been echoed by several different sources I have talked to. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Love had already given his verbal commitment to the Louisville staff.

- I checked on the status of two Louisville commits whose names had been floated around social media and on here as possibly having a shaky commitment: Jarrett Jackson and Jared Goldwire. A source close to Louisville said that both are "solid". Obviously this is something that can change from minute to minute but considering both are planning to enroll early I think that is a great sign this late in the game.

- I had been mentioning the possibility of Jeremy Smith transferring for a little while now, not because I heard he wanted to leave or anything, but rather because I felt playing time would be limited for him next year and it makes sense he go somewhere and get the opportunity to start. Next year Louisville will feature the RB duo of Dae Williams and Colin Wilson which I am very excited to see. Assuming they hold onto him, the unit will also have change of pace back Javian Hawkins. With the injury problems Louisville's running backs had this year, I think 4 is the number the Cards will plan for in 2018 which means finding one more legitimate back. Who are the options? Looking at the current team either Trey Smith or Harry Trotter are possibilities, but I think the staff wants a slightly different direction which is why they are looking at Andrew Cunningham, Lyn-J Dixon, Markese Stepp etc. Also keep in mind that the Cards have a commitment from Hassan Hall. The 3-star athlete would be an exciting running back but I tend to think that he ends up on the defensive side of the ball. At the end of the day it will depend on what the scholarship situation looks like as well as if the Cards have a decent shot of landing one of the highly regarded running backs currently uncommitted. Obviously there are several moving pieces here so I just wanted to highlight the various options and what things look like going forward at the running back position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News