ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Louisville Football Recruiting Insider (12/1)

Chris Person

Oct 3, 2016
Happy Friday everyone! Let's get started on what is happening in Louisville recruiting news...

- If you haven't checked out the previous recruiting insiders then you may not realize it is in-home visit season. Last night Louisville coaches checked in on some big time players including Adonis Boone, Johnathan Huggins, Robert Hicks, and Yasir Abdullah.

- Adonis Boone is particularly excited to arrive at Louisville and begin his career as a Cardinal. On the visit last night the 3-star OL said "Coach Summers is a very good coach from what I can see. I honestly can't wait for my future there. It's family there." Boone said that he can play any position on the line but the Cards especially like him at tackle considering his 6'5' 280lbs athletic frame.

- It sounds like Johnathan Huggins REALLY enjoyed his in-home visit with Coach Smith & Coach Summers last night. Like I've said previously Huggins is one I'm watching closely.

- As of right now I'm aware of 3 planned official visits for this weekend: Jeremiah Jordan, Kendrick Catis, and Ken Montgomery. UofL has a longstanding relationship with Montgomery who recently decommitted from UCLA so it will be interesting to see if something can materialize here.

- HERE is a list of all confirmed official visits for Louisville at this time.

- Miami Northwestern DB Divaad Wilson decommitted from Florida yesterday. Louisville has one advantage here in that current commit Tutu Atwell Jr. also attends Miami NW. It sounds like Atwell is definitely doing some recruiting but I get the sense there is some ground for the Cards to make up. Keep an eye on Alabama here.

- Two other (potential) official visitors I am monitoring are Emmit Gooden, a JUCO DT and Arkansas commit as well as another former Florida commit, 4-star WR Jacob Copeland. Working to confirm when these visits will take place.

- I wanted to touch on scholarship numbers for just a minute. In case you missed me mentioning it a week or two ago, it sounds like the number is 25 total. That means Louisville has 5 remaining slots. This may change slightly but let's take a quick glance at "almost definite takes": Alontae Taylor, Jatavious Harris, Jacob Copeland, Johnathan Huggins, Tank Jenkins, Nikolas Bonitto, Dominick Anderson (or another JUCO TE), BJ Ferrell, Randy Russell, Gurvan Hall, etc. My point is that there are a LOT more than 5 guys that, should they want to come to Louisville, are the caliber of player you have to make room for. Scholarships are a limited resource and because of that, it's not too hard to figure out how Louisville would make room for them if that were to happen. Before you ask, this is obviously very tricky (but common) territory for big-time programs. As this is a sensitive issue I'll let you know in advance that I will greatly limit my speculation on who is involved because these are kids and rumors are not beneficial at all.

- I did think it was interesting that the Kentucky Rivals site reported this morning that UK had been talking with UofL OL commit Tyler Steen for a couple months now and is hoping to get him in on an official visit. I don't have any info at this time to say if there is truly a battle going on for Steen or a "shift", like I discussed above. Regardless, just something to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News