ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: **Louisville Football Recruiting Hot Board** (Updated 1/30)

Chris Person

Oct 3, 2016
It's back! I will do my best to keep this updated with the newest names/intel as we approach signing day. This will be a work in progress and something you all can feel free to contribute to as far as new names if I haven't seen them yet!

**This does not include transfers**

QB (1)
Evan Conley - Signed

RB (1-2)
Aidan Robbins - Signed
Micah Kelly - At one point it looked like Louisville's chances to land Kelly was very high, but I think the realization that Griffin could be a part of the class rocketed the 4-star RB past Kelly into the #1 spot on their recruiting board.
Jalen Mitchell - Louisville offered Mitchell but I think he is the #2 or #3 choice at a position that isn't of high importance in the class of 2019.
Jamious Griffin - A former NC State commit who just wrapped up an official visit to Louisville, Griffin looks like the chances of him coming to Louisville are increasing. It still appears FSU and Georgia Tech may be tough contenders, but the Cardinals are firmly in the mix regardless.

WR (0)

TE (2)

Tyler Devera - Louisville top target at the TE position will take a visit here this weekend. I think the Cardinals are in prime position to land Devera, although a late Maryland offer/official visit are something to watch.
Dez Melton - Melton is scheduled to officially visit Louisville this weekend and appears to be the #2 prospect at the position. With the Cardinals already taking the Vandy transfer, eyeing Chris Cunningham, and in a good spot with Devera, we'll just have to monitor to see if Melton becomes a top target. If he does receive an offer I'd expect Louisville to be able to land him.

OL (4)

Renato Brown - Commit
Zach Williamson - Signed

Jackson Gregory - Commit
Joshua Black - Commit

DL (1-2)
Cornelius Evans -
Evans is still scheduled to visit Louisville this weekend but prying him away from Georgia Tech may be easier said than done. We'll be watching this visit as Evans is one Louisville would love to flip.
Ja'Darien Boykin - Made a visit to Louisville this past weekend. Miami had gotten involved but he does not have a spot there. Louisville is in prime position to land Boykin, although a decision may not come until NSD.

Terray Jones - Officially visited Louisville this past weekend and while he came away without an offer, said he would know this Sunday whether he would have one or not. To me, the clear reasoning is that Louisville wants to see if they can get Jefferson on campus and if they can flip Evans and go from there. If Jones were to get an offer I'd expect a commitment.

LB (3-4)
Dorian Jones - Signed
Allen Smith - Commit

Monty Montgomery -
Commit
Tuasivi Nomura - Nomura recently had an official visit to Louisville and the Louisville coaches have also made a visit to him this week. Nomura can play both LB and S which is why he doesn't seem to fit with the numbers, but it's clear he is one of Louisville's top targets on the defensive side of the ball.
Zach Edwards - At this point we are just awaiting word from Edwards but it sounds like good news for Louisville will be coming here.
Gervarrius Owens - Owens is a new name for Louisville as Cort Dennison recently paid a visit to his JUCO and now Owens is scheduled to visit this weekend. Owens is coming off an official visit to Minnesota and I think interest between the Cardinals and the JUCO prospect could be increasing rapidly. Definitely one to watch.

DB (2)

Cortez Andrews - Highly coveted safety scheduled to visit Louisville. It's been hard to get a read on Andrews but he would be an excellent addition to the recruiting class.
Marvae Myers-Glover - Myers-Glover is another prospect on commit watch. Could that not materialize depending on how numbers work out? Definitely possible, but at least at this point I'm keeping a close eye here.

Keeyon Stewart - Has family not too far from here but my FutureCast is currently on Texas Tech for his commitment. If he doesn't end up there TCU and Utah appear to be tough competition for Louisville. I don't think the Cardinals are a likely destination for Stewart at this time.
Jamel Starks - Starks took an official visit to Louisville this past weekend and is yet another prospect on commit watch. Louisville is in great position here.

Dequanteous Watts - Watts appeared to have South Carolina as a frontrunner but from what I'm hearing, the Gamecocks may not have a spot for him in their class. Couple that with how confident Louisville coaches are that they can land him and that explains my recent prediction for him to end up in the Louisville recruiting class.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News