ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville fans be like...

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
tenor.gif

It's a hoot on the main board, where some of the nations elite's are coming to the realization that their dirty laundry is now seeing the light of day, like ours has for the last 2 years. I don't wish this on anybody, but it is pretty comical to see others reaction to their names being sullied. Misery DOES love company. Welcome to the dark side fellas...pull up a seat...we have beer and chips.

Last edited:
Lol.....just another day in the life, boys and girls.
Just a real, real, real quick glance; the Knox thing MAY get a pass. Not sure about the time frame on Noel.
Bam Adebayo......ah, there's the pill. If those numbers are the real deal, even if he DIDNT go on to sign with ASM or the school they 'suggested', then he was ineligible.
Means we wasted a heckuva good mad at referee Higgins after all...all those are vacated games.
Maybe. The NCAA wheel.....round and round and round it goes and where it stops nobody knows.

The kicker will be whether or not there was involvement from the schools. That will likely be the difference in vacation and further penalties. We also don’t know if this is all that will come out. Could get bigger.

But as it stands I’d say if the NCAA has the resources and the motivation to pursue an investigation for everyone then we will probably lose last year’s wins. As for Knox, he’s fine.

Lol.....just another day in the life, boys and girls.
Just a real, real, real quick glance; the Knox thing MAY get a pass. Not sure about the time frame on Noel.
Bam Adebayo......ah, there's the pill. If those numbers are the real deal, even if he DIDNT go on to sign with ASM or the school they 'suggested', then he was ineligible.
Means we wasted a heckuva good mad at referee Higgins after all...all those are vacated games.
Maybe. The NCAA wheel.....round and round and round it goes and where it stops nobody knows.

You leave out the obvious - this is only just the beginning there is much more to come. The player count to review will extend beyond what you know today.

The kicker will be whether or not there was involvement from the schools. That will likely be the difference in vacation and further penalties...
If players or their families received money for playing basketball, that player professionalized which means he's ineligible. And if he's ineligible, your games are forfeited. It matters none whether the coaches knew. That will matter as far as penalties on coaches and if "should have known" comes into play.

Looks like your program's on fire, Rocky. We just don't know if there are enough fire trucks to get around to you today...

If players or their families received money for playing basketball, that player professionalized which means he's ineligible. And if he's ineligible, your games are forfeited. It matters none whether the coaches knew. That will matter as far as penalties on coaches and if "should have known" comes into play.

Looks like your program's on fire, Rocky. We just don't know if there are enough fire trucks to get around to you today...
On fire? Bam MAY have cost us some wins and a tiny amount of money. That's about it.

On fire? Bam MAY have cost us some wins and a tiny amount of money. That's about it.
For now. This is just the tip of the ice burg and college basketball in general is the Titanic. If you're on the ship with recent first round draft choices, then the FBI has the money trail to drown you. Anthony Davis and the Sun Times story ring a bell?

Remind me again which division 1 program has had more first round draft choices than any other school again? I can't put my finger on it. Can you help me out?

tenor.gif

It's a hoot on the main board, where some of the nations elite's are coming to the realization that their dirty laundry is now seeing the light of day, like ours has for the last 2 years. I don't wish this on anybody, but it is pretty comical to see others reaction to their names being sullied. Misery DOES love company. Welcome to the dark side fellas...pull up a seat...we have beer and chips.

I wonder, if the P5 schools all leaving the NCAA and establishing thier own organization is in the very near future? I think the NCAA is starting to destroy itself, due to its gross incompetence!

For now. This is just the tip of the ice burg and college basketball in general is the Titanic. If you're on the ship with recent first round draft choices, then the FBI has the money trail to drown you. Anthony Davis and the Sun Times story ring a bell?

Remind me again which division 1 program has had more first round draft choices than any other school again? I can't put my finger on it. Can you help me out?
Nah, I don't know either but there is nothing in today's release that even suggests pay for play. It could come out later.

Nah, I don't know either but there is nothing in today's release that even suggests pay for play. It could come out later.
Did you even LOOK at the report? The documented proof? The names on the docs?

I'm done. You've been hit right up side the head with the beginning of the end for Calipari and UofK and you're too dense to see it. No need to discuss then any further with you. You'll just disappear once the shit hits the fan *and it is coming, so I'm just wasting my time.

Of course that's it... I'm 100% convinced that three guys out of 35 wanted money or a free meal, but the rest were playing for the "LPT" on their jersey. How stupid do you think the rest of world is, or do slappies always live in denial?

Decade20of20LPT20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg
If proof comes out that the program broke the rules we will deserve what we get. At this point, there isn't even speculation let alone proof.

Did you even LOOK at the report? The documented proof? The names on the docs?

I'm done. You've been hit right up side the head with the beginning of the end for Calipari and UofK and you're too dense to see it. No need to discuss then any further with you. You'll just disappear once the shit hits the fan *and it is coming, so I'm just wasting my time.
Um, I saw a ledger. I assume there is corroborating evidence. What I didn't see was any of this happening while players were at UK or even a hint that anyone in the program was even aware of the payments let alone complicit in them. You are making huge assumptions because you want it to be true. We'll all find out in due time.

Um, I saw a ledger. I assume there is corroborating evidence. What I didn't see was any of this happening while players were at UK or even a hint that anyone in the program was even aware of the payments let alone complicit in them. You are making huge assumptions because you want it to be true. We'll all find out in due time.
Kevin Knox is one of the names on the ledger. What I want has no bearing on this. It's bigger than that. This scandal is college basketball wide, and it wouldn't be shocking to see it boil over to college football too. Those are the two revenue making college sports.

Do I want to see the smug shit eating grin on Calipari's face wiped away? You bet your ass I do. What I want more is this whole corrupt DEPLORABLE scum pond cleansed so we can have our game back for true student-athletes.

Kevin Knox is one of the names on the ledger. What I want has no bearing on this. It's bigger than that. This scandal is college basketball wide, and it wouldn't be shocking to see it boil over to college football too. Those are the two revenue making college sports.

Do I want to see the smug shit eating grin on Calipari's face wiped away? You bet your ass I do. What I want more is this whole corrupt DEPLORABLE scum pond cleansed so we can have our game back for true student-athletes.
I agree with the last part. As for Knox, he is on there for a meal. That is inconsequential. Bam, however, is at least a potential problem for our win total.

If players or their families received money for playing basketball, that player professionalized which means he's ineligible. And if he's ineligible, your games are forfeited. It matters none whether the coaches knew. That will matter as far as penalties on coaches and if "should have known" comes into play...

Um, yeah. That’s what I said in my post. Read it again.

To be honest, as long as everybody plays with the same rule, if we break it we pay the penalty.
The North Carolina 20 year deal fried me more than anything else.

Reactions: American Male

Well, let's try this again. Maybe the sarcasm was a little much. Corey Maggette didn't cost Duke any games. Brian Bowen was cleared after his dad accepted money. Point is, you don't know what the NCAA will do.

I agree with the last part. As for Knox, he is on there for a meal. That is inconsequential. Bam, however, is at least a potential problem for our win total.
Kevin Knox is one of the names on the ledger. What I want has no bearing on this. It's bigger than that. This scandal is college basketball wide, and it wouldn't be shocking to see it boil over to college football too...
I think the story goes like this... Some kids like Bam want tens of thousands. Stupid kids like Knox just want a free dinner.

Do I have that right LPT fans?...

Well, let's try this again. Maybe the sarcasm was a little much... Brian Bowen was cleared after his dad accepted money. Point is, you don't know what the NCAA will do.
Last time I looked, Bowen was still sitting on the sidelines in Columbia, SC with his warmups on. Maybe there are too many facts today for slappies to keep straight...

Reactions: Cue Card and gocds
I think the story goes like this... Some kids like Bam want tens of thousands. Stupid kids like Knox just want a free dinner.

Do I have that right LPT fans?...
Smh....in all seriousness Zipp...you know the answer. It's what Knox is in ONE journal from ONE agent for.
Maybe no other agent in the country felt like he was worth anything.
Doubt it.

Reactions: zipp
Well then, address my other fact. Because the last time I checked, Corey Maggette accepted money, played for Duke and Duke didn't vacate a single game.
I have no idea and couldn't care less. And you're wrong about one "fact"...why would you be right about the other? Classic slapd!ck-ese.

Smh....in all seriousness Zipp...you know the answer. It's what Knox is in ONE journal from ONE agent for.
Maybe no other agent in the country felt like he was worth anything.
Doubt it.
Bill, you're a dying breed or a rare commodity at the moment... A slapd!ck trying to deal with what is in all likelihood reality. :D

Reactions: gocds
I’m cynical by nature. Absent being handed proof a UK UNC Duke or KU coach knew a player had received an impermissible benefit the NCAA will do nothing to any of the blue blood programs. They won’t even look. Instead they’ll have some commission recommend meaningless “reforms” like doing away with one and done.
Meanwhile they’ll hammer UofL again using the argument that it’s justified because an assistant coach knew what was going on. Just to show they mean business.
After the pure hypocrisy of letting UNC get away with over a decade of academic fraud to keep athletes in multiple sports eligible the NCAA has demonstrated it will do anything to protect those who fund their coffers.

Don't think so, Fred. It's easy to be too cynical--which I am also BTW. You have to let your brain do the thinking and understand likely vs unlikely as far as what's at stake. The NCAA is fighting for its life on this one. That trumps everything in the past that we've experienced...

Last edited:
I'm going to make an educated guess and say that if your school's name was mentioned in Yahoo's article today, and you're not named Duke or North Carolina, you're probably going down. It may take a few years.

Sean Miller, OMG. That guy is done.

Today was the first of many data dumps. More to come.

I don't blame the NCAA for this. The NCAA is just the pretty store front where all the bad business is going on in the back room. The Universities of Higher Learning are ultimately responsible. They make this dirty culture of cheating and apparently criminal activity happen individually and as a group.

Reactions: earsky
Google it then. Or don't and keep living in your bubble thinking you're right about everything. Whatever.

You cayut fans are reaching for straws when the entire barn is on fire. Welcome to the fairness and balance of the wonderful world of the NCAA. Hope you have a fun party. If Calipari plays Knox today then we’ll all know who is in charge at the so called flagship school here in Kentucky. Pretty simple. Just a heads up here, you can expect calipari will be coaching in the NBA at this time next year as he will be getting his ass out of the way sooner rather than later.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Deeva and earsky
You cayut fans are reaching for straws when the entire barn is on fire. Welcome to the fairness and balance of the wonderful world of the NCAA. Hope you have a fun party. If Calipari plays Knox today then we’ll all know who is in charge at the so called flagship school here in Kentucky. Pretty simple. Just a heads up here, you can expect calipari will be coaching in the NBA at this time next year as he will be getting his ass out of the way sooner rather than later.

Look, and this is more of a general reply overall, I will give you that there could be more stuff to come out in the future. This conversation is not about that. Right now there is nothing, zero tying UK to anything wrong. Just because a player received money or other benefits does not automatically make them ineligible.

Do you want another example? Antonio Blakeney.

I know you guys know in your heart Calipari has been cheating and paying players all along. But what has been released so far is not proof of that.

Again, maybe something comes out where Calipari has been wiretapped and he's on record arranging money for potential players. If that comes out, UK should get into trouble. Until then, it's wishful thinking.

Look, and this is more of a general reply overall, I will give you that there could be more stuff to come out in the future. This conversation is not about that. Right now there is nothing, zero tying UK to anything wrong. Just because a player received money or other benefits does not automatically make them ineligible.

Do you want another example? Antonio Blakeney.

I know you guys know in your heart Calipari has been cheating and paying players all along. But what has been released so far is not proof of that.

Again, maybe something comes out where Calipari has been wiretapped and he's on record arranging money for potential players. If that comes out, UK should get into trouble. Until then, it's wishful thinking.

Total and complete BS and a perfect example of a uahkay fan being guilty of wishful thinking.

Reactions: Deeva
You know it in your heart too. The final hammer has not dropped. It is coming. All you have to do is look at Calipari's face when he talks about this. He knows the only variable to being exposed is time.

Reactions: Deeva
Total and complete BS and a perfect example of a uahkay fan being guilty of wishful thinking.

Break it down for me then. Exactly where is Kentucky in the wrong? Are you saying Calipari arranged a dinner with a recruit for Knox? Did Calipari orchestrate the bad loan to Bam? Or maybe it's the money to Noel that appears to have come after he was at Kentucky?

Where exactly is it all tied together with what has been released so far?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT