ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville - Arkansas

Jun 10, 2005
With Michigan dumping Arkansas to schedule Notre Dame, Louisville should try to schedule the Razorbacks home and home. I think the years are 2018-19. I know Louisville has Alabama in Orlando in 2018 but maybe they should shuffle some gimme games around. Thoughts?

The Alabama game isn't being shuffled anywhere. Alabama gets $4m and Louisville $2m for that game, approximately, as I recall. The Cards do have one OPEN date in 2018 for an AWAY game (could be played Sept 15 or Nov 17), and also a game with Indiana State (Sept 8th) that they could cancel. And two OPEN dates in 2019.

With Michigan dumping Arkansas to schedule Notre Dame, Louisville should try to schedule the Razorbacks home and home. I think the years are 2018-19. I know Louisville has Alabama in Orlando in 2018 but maybe they should shuffle some gimme games around. Thoughts?

I don't want to dredge up the Petrino-Arkansas narrative and I'm certain that Coach Petrino would think the same.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I'm all for to strengthin our OOC schedule be it any upcoming year. I know it's been announced for awhile now but I'm still shocked that TJ was able to talk Alabama in to play us, like or hate them, playing Alabama is huge.

Reactions: American Male
I'm not sure TJ had much to do with it.

Some TV exec thought it was a good matchup or it wouldn't have happened.

If it were an Oct/Nov game I'd say yes he did. But not a holiday weekend game.

The Alabama game isn't being shuffled anywhere. Alabama gets $4m and Louisville $2m for that game, approximately, as I recall. The Cards do have one OPEN date in 2018 for an AWAY game (could be played Sept 15 or Nov 17), and also a game with Indiana State (Sept 8th) that they could cancel. And two OPEN dates in 2019.

He never suggested that the Alabama game would be shuffled.

Reactions: American Male
I suspect the scheduling of Bama had more to do with the the ACC vs SEC matchup.

We would definitely make a lot of headlines with a 2018 non-conference schedule that includes:

Alabama (neutral site)
Arkansas (home or away)
Kentucky (home)

That might be the first time in history that a school played three non-conference games against SEC schools. I'd like to see it for just that reason, but I'd honestly like it more if it were anybody but Arkansas - for the reasons that have already been mentioned.

I would dearly love bucket list road trips to watch the Cards play at each of the SEC stadiums.

We would definitely make a lot of headlines with a 2018 non-conference schedule that includes:

Alabama (neutral site)
Arkansas (home or away)
Kentucky (home)

That might be the first time in history that a school played three non-conference games against SEC schools. I'd like to see it for just that reason, but I'd honestly like it more if it were anybody but Arkansas - for the reasons that have already been mentioned.

I would dearly love bucket list road trips to watch the Cards play at each of the SEC stadiums.

SCREW that...I DON'T Give a $#IT what Miss Piggy Fans say or think...Lets KICK their @$$ here and there!!!

:cool:

The last thing our program needs is the motorcycle story being in the media again.

No inside knowledge of anything, but I'd wager that Arkansas would rather avoid anything to do with Petrino due to the circumstances of his exit.

We never tried to schedule Arkansas while Petrino was there.

Are we trying to schedule Texas?

How about Michigan State after JLS left?

Don't see it even being discussed between the two schools, much less happening.

I agree with both of you guys. While it is an SEC opponent and would be good for SOS, It would invariably dredge up the whole "Petrino fired at Arkansas" Narrative. Time (and winning) heals all wounds, but there is no point in picking at a freshly healed one.

Reactions: SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT