ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville’s Position in College Landscape is Special

davecmc

Two-Star Poster
Sep 12, 2006
Despite yesterday’s events with Brohm, the University and city has now proven to be in a unique spot, built for success no matter what obstacles in the college landscape. We will win, and we will win big.

We have such a unique situation.... We are a city with a Power 5 college team and the offerings and quality of life normally found in pro sports towns. All coaching candidates and more importantly - recruits - will find benifits at U of L, they can’t find anywhere else:

Power 5 competition and exposure.
Top 50 national city in quality of life.
Large fan base focused on college team.
Top facilities.

These are not going away and these are unique. It’s why Walz and McDonnell have grown national powers out of ashes in the last decade, and it’s why Mack is doing amazing things immediately on the court and the recruiting trail in the face of real obstacles.

Football will succeed and our sports program will remain strong across the board even with temporary hiccups. We have a particular set of skills. We will find you and we will kill you. Go Cards!!

Reactions: wilkie01
Despite yesterday’s events with Brohm, the University and city has now proven to be in a unique spot, built for success no matter what obstacles in the college landscape. We will win, and we will win big.

We have such a unique situation.... We are a city with a Power 5 college team and the offerings and quality of life normally found in pro sports towns. All coaching candidates and more importantly - recruits - will find benifits at U of L, they can’t find anywhere else:

Top facilities.

These are not going away and these are unique. It’s why Walz and McDonnell have grown national powers out of ashes in the last decade, and it’s why Mack is doing amazing things immediately on the court and the recruiting trail in the face of real obstacles.

Football will succeed and our sports program will remain strong across the board even with temporary hiccups. We have a particular set of skills. We will find you and we will kill you. Go Cards!!
The only variable is time.

Reactions: wilkie01

Top facilities.

There are some other factors that are conveniently ignored by fans.

I believe the fact that UL is a moral dumpster fire and has been for some time was a factor in Jeff’s decision. The two P’s set the bar about as low as it can be: prostitutes for recruits AND their Dads, women on your payroll and on your motorcycle, etc. This blatant behavior so easily tolerated by an administration that actually recruited them knowing their moral character, had to be a factor IMHO because Jeff had to know it was there through personal experience. Jeff’s experience at Purdue and the people he works with there had to be in stark contrast with his prior experience at Lville. He made the right decision.

Jeff Brohm has casted his lot. Time to move on. The University of Louisville and the City of Louisville are both greater than Jeff Brohm. He made his decision. I wish him no ill. But I will not follow his career either. He should never be allowed to coach at Louisville again. So time to move on and repair Louisville football.

I believe the fact that UL is a moral dumpster fire and has been for some time was a factor in Jeff’s decision. The two P’s set the bar about as low as it can be: prostitutes for recruits AND their Dads, women on your payroll and on your motorcycle, etc. This blatant behavior so easily tolerated by an administration that actually recruited them knowing their moral character, had to be a factor IMHO because Jeff had to know it was there through personal experience. Jeff’s experience at Purdue and the people he works with there had to be in stark contrast with his prior experience at Lville. He made the right decision.

Thanks for your feedback---isn't it deer season in Larue County?

Last edited:
There are times that I feel that UL fans view their program at a higher level than it is actually viewed. Since joining the ACC UL is 38-28 overall, with a 21-19 conference record. That doesn't jump off the page as a national power, since joining the conference there was one year 7-1 and one year 0-8. Throw those two seasons out and UL is 14-10 that is not a bad conference record, there are alot of schools who would take that.

I appreciate your opinion, but I think its missing the non-UL fan vantage point. We live in a society with ADD, and what is immediately thought of when UL is discussed is Petrino being an ass, FBI, Petino banging chicks and the stripper investigation. UL has a really, really bad public perception right now, and the fans (obviously) are on edge

Top facilities.

Wow, cant believe that's what you think. I mean it's your opinion but. I think of none of those when I think of Lousville.

DEAR season? Jeez.

My apologies to the wordsmith police, I was a roll this AM and mistyped a word. Thanks for clearing that up and contributing to the conversation. You are probably in the DEER stand right next to him!

Bruce, you are a moron.

Top facilities.

Positive attitude. People forget that we have a lot to offer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT