ADVERTISEMENT

Lorenzo Ward

He was DC at So Carolina and had some top 15 defenses there. It probably didn't hurt that he had Jadaveon Clowney for a couple of those but apparently the guy is a pretty well respected defensive coach.

His one year last year st Fresno St was an impossible situation. They had a new regime and little talent and went 1-11. Ward's defense ranked 68th in total D but 122nd in run Defense.

He also was an assistant at Va Tech under Frank Beamer and they had some top defenses and he was on Petrino's Staff at Arkansas.

And yes, he can recruit.

We became a better team today.
Once again that is yet to be seen. True the move was needed, but whether it was an upgrade who knows yet. Hope you're right but I'm getting the same feeling I had when we hired Cooper and Kragthorpe. Good with TG leaving not comfortable with the new DC yet. Ward sounds good but USC jr isn't world beaters either. But as usual we have to trust CBP it's his a$$ on the line.

Yeah.

And if it doesn't work out, he'll get his $million$, go on to another job for a few le$$ million$ (see Charlie Strong), and we get left with the pieces.

Is this a great country or what? ;)

That cynical, negative attitude makes it sound like CBP couldn't care less. I'm sure that's not the case at all and thus it's pretty unfair.

That cynical, negative attitude makes it sound like CBP couldn't care less. I'm sure that's not the case at all and thus it's pretty unfair.
Gimme a break. Cynical? No. Realist, yes.

Sure he cares. The better he does the more he makes. Either here, or somewhere else. That's how Capitalism works. (But OTOH, how much did CBP "care" in Jan 2007 when he walked?)

But in the world of college and professional FB, and you're as established as CBP is, you just move on with minimal loss of pay.

Once again that is yet to be seen. True the move was needed, but whether it was an upgrade who knows yet. Hope you're right but I'm getting the same feeling I had when we hired Cooper and Kragthorpe. Good with TG leaving not comfortable with the new DC yet. Ward sounds good but USC jr isn't world beaters either. But as usual we have to trust CBP it's his a$$ on the line.
If petrino didnt care, grantham would still be sweating and chewing the same piece of gum on our sideline.

He sent grantham and his non tackling defense down the road.

I got banned from this site the day we hired kragthorpe. Was happy when jurich flushed the toilet, and i am now happy we flushed the toilet with grantham. Hope we fire his brother and klenakis next, but i am happy with 3rd and grantham being gone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT