ADVERTISEMENT

Lindsey Duvall to Northern Kentucky University

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Lindsey Duvall, UofL WBB student-athlete who entered the transfer portal last month, has chosen her next place to continue her pursuits and the destination is Northern Kentucky University.

Duvall posted on Instagram last night about the move and it was confirmed in a Twitter exchange between her and Paulie shortly thereafter.

Duvall, who was a redshirt-sophomore last season, appeared in 23 games for the Cardinals last season and averaged 5.2 points per game. Her season high was against Pitt. with seven points.

NKU, known as the Norse, went 20-12 last season and had won four straight games at the end of the season before falling at Green Bay 50-49 in their final game. The Norse hosted Louisville last season and the Cards captured a 85-57 win on December 8th. In that game, Duvall saw 12 minutes, had five points, grabbed three rebounds and hit a three.

Duvall joins NKU's last year's leading scorer -- Ally Niece, a sophomore guard last year, who averaged 13.1 points per game and former Kentucky girls high schools standout Emma Souder, from Mercer County. Niece played at Simon Kenton (KY) H.S.

Carmyn Whitaker, head coach of the Norse, took over the program in 2016. Prior to that, she spent a year at Kentucky as an assistant. Duvall had originally committed to UK before changing her decision and arriving at Louisville for the 2017-18 season, a season she red-shirted due to knee injury.

Duvall was Kentucky Miss Basketball in the 2016-17 season. She played for Chris Stallings at Bullitt East H.S. (Mt. Washington) and has a park named after her in Mt. Washington.

Wishing "Lil Duv" the best of success in her continuing student-athlete pursuits at NKU!

--sonja--

Good for her. That would appear to fit her level of athleticism and I think her skill level may exceed that level of play. Therefore it looks like a good fit.

Reactions: rh62531
Good for her. That would appear to fit her level of athleticism and I think her skill level may exceed that level of play. Therefore it looks like a good fit.
Sorry Bard. I usually respect most of your posts. She was good enough to be signed by Walz and he clearly stated he would take her back if she couldn’t find a home. Injuries and missed opportunities sometimes play a big factor. No need to belittle her talent. Wish her the best.

Reactions: Sonja
Sorry Bard. I usually respect most of your posts. She was good enough to be signed by Walz and he clearly stated he would take her back if she couldn’t find a home. Injuries and missed opportunities sometimes play a big factor. No need to belittle her talent. Wish her the best.
Don’t get me wrong. I agree that when’s he signed she surely had all of what was needed to play here. I pulled for her to get minutes. Note - I stated her skill set was above where she is headed. However, following her injury I think we all could see when she played her lateral quickness was not up to par to guard the level if players she was facing. She also just didn’t appear strong enough in the defensive end either. This is not a knock - just reality. Not all players work out for a variety of reasons. I would have been very happy for her to have stayed. Her minutes would have been extremely limited though.

Reactions: Sonja and mwatson61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT