ADVERTISEMENT

Like Clemson last year

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Tonights game was just a startling demonstration of how far the separation is from us and great teams. Just a total mismatch in every facet.

The lack of discipline continues to carry over from lack season. Other things that have carried over:

- lack of physicality
- inability to run the ball
- poor special teams
- drive killing penalties and boneheaded penalties

Really, really disappointed in Petrino and his staff.

You can go back to the Clemson 16' game.

Theyve been subpar ever since.

Finishing 10-2, 9-3 wont cut it.

The goal is to win the Atlantic and make a playoff run.

Had all off season top prepare for Bama,and the Tide made
them look like an FCS team.

The dream of being a top football program is dying unless a new coach can resurrect it. Petrino is a clown show now, going through money like it was going out of style. His return to Louisville is not what we thought it would be.

It's been rough. As I watched the game, I saw the potential and ability. Then I saw the lack of discipline that just killed the potential and ability the next play.

This staff will either figure out the problem or it will be out. Expectations and the money being allocated will dictate no less.

We're not that far off. That being said, just a 1/2 step off and you might as well be a million miles away.

Why do you make comparisons to Petrino's 1st stint? He lost to a crappy USF 45-14. He just has bonerific loses.

Bama is that good. They are going to destroy almost everyone they face. With that said Louisville was terrible last night. I never have been a fan of talking unless your game backs it up, they clearly didn't back it up with actual play. Bama makes teams quit so while you never like to see the effort level go down it happens to a lot of teams.

Most concerning again is all the penalties, lack of discipline, physicality and organization. This is a trend which is on the staff. They weren't beating Alabama, but this effort loses games against most of the ACC.

I think the defense will grow over the year. Corners are still a problem. Remember that same QB lit up Georgia for a half too. The Louisville offense looked average at best. Again hard to gauge against Bama but I would have thought they would have more success.

A beat down like this can either bring them together or turn them off to coaches. Let's see what happens.

Reactions: Louisvillian
I do not believe Bobby has what it takes any more. I thought for a moment last night that Steve Kragthorpe was coaching again. Lets all be honest, we were out played, out coached, and we were unprepared. And the sad thing is he has looking just like his Arkansas teams did against Alabama. I think Louisville needs to go a different coaching direction. Bobby is way over paid for the product he is fielding!

I do not believe Bobby has what it takes any more. I thought for a moment last night that Steve Kragthorpe was coaching again. Lets all be honest, we were out played, out coached, and we were unprepared. And the sad thing is he has looking just like his Arkansas teams did against Alabama. I think Louisville needs to go a different coaching direction. Bobby is way over paid for the product he is fielding!
I've lost faith in his coaching abilities too. Way too many stupid penalties and just poor execution which is a direct reflection of poor coaching. We as fans are not getting what we expect for the amount of money he is making.

Alabama was outstanding. I would definitely say they were interested.Tbs,we didn't put up much of a fight.
I agree with the op's assessment. There was an air of tentativeness last night, which is the opposite of what it needed to be. I'm a bit surprised by that.

Alabama was outstanding. I would definitely say they were interested.Tbs,we didn't put up much of a fight.
I agree with the op's assessment. There was an air of tentativeness last night, which is the opposite of what it needed to be. I'm a bit surprised by that.

Alabama beats you both mentally and physically.

The truth is the game was over mentally after Alabama won the coin toss and elected to take the ball on offense and drove right down the field. Big sack by the Cards but were not able to stop them on 3rd and 13. Huge play.

Cards come out on their first series and get shut down.

Everyone expected Alabama to defer. Alabama moved the ball on offense similar to what I thought the Cards would do. Maybe not quite as easily but I thought they would be able to move the chains.

Alabama’s offense is better than their D. They may not lose a game all year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT