ADVERTISEMENT

Latest 2020 target Jalen Terry

5’11” we’re heading in the wrong direction in height. I’m hoping we can get back to big guards.
Were we are at . Really sucks for Mack he can't get his feet on solid ground with the players he really wants.

I think the players we’re going to have to recruit are the four year player that develop over time. I’m good with that. We’ve always been a blue collar program. That’s who we are.

5’11” we’re heading in the wrong direction in height. I’m hoping we can get back to big guards.

I thought the same until I saw that kids video. He can play. His jumper is as sweet as Dejuan Wheat and the kid dunked easily with two hands off one foot. Plus he's a playmaker, which would be huge with the talent we've stock piled. I like him.

I thought the same until I saw that kids video. He can play. His jumper is as sweet as Dejuan Wheat and the kid dunked easily with two hands off one foot. Plus he's a playmaker, which would be huge with the talent we've stock piled. I like him.
If you care about those kind of things, small guards are our kryptonite against UK

I agree with that until he starts going up against ACC talent. Banging on the inside will get him. He might be the exception, but I doubt it.

If you care about those kind of things, small guards are our kryptonite against UK

Really and just how many wins have we gotten over SuCk with those small guards?

Reactions: JonathanUSAF
If Coach Izzo wants the player, especially a PG, we want the player.

I do care about those things, we won a championship with a 6 ft pt guard with athletic ability similar to Terry and a 6ft off guard. If you can play, you can play at the college level. We've lost to UK with 6'5 guards under Crum and Pitino. What we need is a playmaker, a guard that can make others better. Terry could be that guy.

I do care about those things, we won a championship with a 6 ft pt guard with athletic ability similar to Terry and a 6ft off guard. If you can play, you can play at the college level. We've lost to UK with 6'5 guards under Crum and Pitino. What we need is a playmaker, a guard that can make others better. Terry could be that guy.
Let’s see. We played UK 8 times when either Russ or Siva was the PG. We won 2 of those games. Yes, we did win a NC but the recipe wasn’t just an athletic PG. All I am saying is that small guards can become a mismatch either in man to man or zone defense.

Let’s see. We played UK 8 times when either Russ or Siva was the PG. We won 2 of those games. Yes, we did win a NC but the recipe wasn’t just an athletic PG. All I am saying is that small guards can become a mismatch either in man to man or zone defense.

We also lost to UK with 6'5 Milt Wagner running the pg position several times. What's your point? They've dominated us with short, small, and tall guards. The point of my post is that this kid can play. As much as we would love to neutralize things in the rivalry, our world doesn't revolve around UK. They've beat us with every imaginable combination. Small guards can also be a difference maker ala Ulis who practically beat us himself at the YUM.

The point of my post is that this kid can play. As much as we would love to neutralize things in the rivalry, our world doesn't revolve around UK. They've beat us with every imaginable combination. Small guards can also be a difference maker ala Ulis who practically beat us himself at the YUM.

While I usually prefer taller guards, I do agree that if a guy can ball and wants to be here then I'd want him on the team even if he is shorter. But since I don't really follow recruiting closely, can you tell me if Terry has elite quickness, elite handles, and solid decision making? Those are a must for that short of a PG at least IMO. Great outside shooting is also a huge plus of course.

The reason I ask the above is that short guards, at least the ones that played for UofL in recent memory, tend to struggle- sometimes a lot- if they lack most of those attributes. Especially against high level opponents and the ACC Conference gauntlet.

We also lost to UK with 6'5 Milt Wagner running the pg position several times. What's your point? They've dominated us with short, small, and tall guards. The point of my post is that this kid can play. As much as we would love to neutralize things in the rivalry, our world doesn't revolve around UK. They've beat us with every imaginable combination. Small guards can also be a difference maker ala Ulis who practically beat us himself at the YUM.
I wouldn't say that Milt, Caster or Jeff truly ever ran the point for Denny. They were combo guards who combined elements of both PG and SG play.

As for Milt's record versus Uahkay, he was 1-3 with all three losses coming at Coruppt Arena. A 21 point loss to open the season in 1984, a five point loss in the NCAA and another five point loss in 85-86 in which he was still recovering from the previous year's broken foot.

I've seen us have trouble with small guards and big guards over the years. The question imo is the quality of player, not his size. As another poster said, if Izzo wanted him it speaks to the kid's ability. Just sayin'.

A little side note Mack had offered him prior before he chose Mich St. So evidently Mack likes something in him. Odd considering that Mack stated he prefers bigger guards. However the word " prefers" means open to other options also!

Amazing he hasn’t landed any true point guards with tons of playing time available in both classes. Seems odd.

It was easy for him to sell the recruits for his 1st class they would not be affected by the Ncaa crap For this tourney. problem is now he has to totally tell the 2020 recruits he doesn't really have a clue what will happen with the Ncaa. We know now that U of L will more than likely receive their notice of allegations sometime between the start of the season and summer of 2020. Which clearly effects the next class and beyond. This crap has really hampered this program greatly.

Another thing that is really screwed with the Ncaa is that they don't give these programs credit that are awaiting their NOA, and trying to still recruit knowing that other programs use this against them. To say that isn't a form of punishment is retarded. Too me what U of L is going through waiting is far worse than vacated games. Because their is video of those games happening. But you cannot get back negative recruiting. Hell our justice system gives criminals credit for time served while awaiting trial. SMH it's no different.

Last edited:
Reactions: leon_lou
It was easy for him to sell the recruits for his 1st class they would not be affected by the Ncaa crap For this tourney. problem is now he has to totally tell the 2020 recruits he doesn't really have a clue what will happen with the Ncaa. We know now that U of L will more than likely receive their notice of allegations sometime between the start of the season and summer of 2020. Which clearly effects the next class and beyond. This crap has really hampered this program greatly.

Another thing that is really screwed with the Ncaa is that they don't give these programs credit that are awaiting their NOA, and trying to still recruit knowing that other programs use this against them. To say that isn't a form of punishment is retarded. Too me what U of L is going through waiting is far worse than vacated games. Because their is video of those games happening. But you cannot get back negative recruiting. Hell our justice system gives criminals credit for time served while awaiting trial. SMH it's no different.

Red, I've been wondering if some of the stuff the court refused to hand over to the NCAA was some of our "rumored" stuff? Maybe they don't have what them need to nail us to the wall?

Red, I've been wondering if some of the stuff the court refused to hand over to the NCAA was some of our "rumored" stuff? Maybe they don't have what them need to nail us to the wall?
According to Forde from what he has learned from the court proceedings that's exactly some of the stuff the Ncaa is using rumors. He stated anything that was introduced in court can be used and that it didn't have to be in the documents ie; transcript . Just "mentioned" and he stated that Jordan Fair crap was an example of this very rumored stuff. I just really have relegated my mind to expect the worse when it comes our time. Seems every thing we get involved in always go south.

Sorry Red but Forde is not exactly a paint a rosy picture when it comes to UofL. They can't nail folks for saying Stupid, they need to have done Stupid!! Maybe I'm a dreamer? :oops:

Sorry Red but Forde is not exactly a paint a rosy picture when it comes to UofL. They can't nail folks for saying Stupid, they need to have done Stupid!! Maybe I'm a dreamer? :oops:
I know the picture he paints for us is always gloom and doom . However he was giving his journalism over view of the facts as they were actually happening not his usual own opinion.l

I really think that height is overrated when it comes to PGs. If all else is equal to take the taller player but its down the list to speed, quickness, ballhandling, and vision. I hope to never hear the Crum plays big guards to post up smaller guards spiel again.

Reactions: FlavRunit
Not going to matter anyway we will still be looking for a Pg to sign a certain Nike school in the mix now.

Jake‏Verified account@jakeweingarten 9h9 hours ago
Per source, Oregon will send an assistant in tomorrow to watch Top-50 senior Jalen Terry workout. They’re one of 10+ programs to get involved with Terry who’s just a week out of his decommitment from Michigan State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT