ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar Thomas to sUcK now makes sense

kozmas

4000+
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2011
When Lamar Thomas was hired by sUcK there was a lot of speculation from both fan bases as to why. I think that some people were way off but some people hit the nail on the head. CBP hired 2 new coaches and one was Nick Petrino who will replace Thomas.
Most knowledgeable people in the know made it known that Nick Petrino was doing more coaching than Thomas. Evidently Thomas felt threatened and knew it was time to move on. sUcK bit and hired Thomas after all you are talking about a coach (Stoopes) who used to tell people that some of his recruits chose sUcK over Louisville when they never had offers from UL.

Just to play devils advocate ... perhaps Lamar Thomas got tired of working with Petrino's son and decided to get the hell out.
Exactly! Just in the same way Shannon Dawson got tired of working with Porky Stupes.

Just to play devils advocate ... perhaps Lamar Thomas got tired of working with Petrino's son and decided to get the hell out.

Might be true. Sometimes when any person has an axe to grind, stuff like this is done. What about what high level U of L official leaking information to Matt Jones about the news about U of L basketball before anyone else knew?

Maybe, too, it's about MONEY. That WR coach is making a significant amount more at U of K. Sometimes you've also got to follow the money.

According to many that know the Louisville program Nick has been very engaged with the wide receivers. He knows the program, he obviously knows what his father wants, and the players like him. I think it is a good fit and easy transition. Coach P is all about player development so this move makes sense for him.

As far as Thomas goes the jury is still out on what kind of recruiter he was at Louisville. Folks says he was key in getting Jackson and other say it was McGee. Time will only tell. Stoops is all in on recruiting so adding another recruiter makes sense.

If you all are happy with Nick Petrino and we're happy with Lamar Thomas it sounds like a win-win for everyone
1. I'm happy that I'm not on a yut message board at 3AM posting drivel.
2. I'm happy that the HC of Louisville football is not someone who not only can evaluate talent but can also effectively develop and coach that talent.
3. Lastly I'm happy that uk hired Lamar Thomas with all of his woman beating, etc baggage and that big hillbilly nation broke their collective backs in an attempt to rationalize and defend the hire of the "type" of person that they have said that they are better than hiring. This series of events once again exposed that program and its followers for the pathetic hypocrites that the rest of the sporting world always knew them to be.

Last edited:
2. I'm happy that the HC of Louisville football is not someone who not only can evaluate talent but can also effectively develop and coach that talent.
3. Lastly I'm happy that uk hired Lamar Thomas with all of his woman beating, etc baggage and that big hillbilly nation broke their collective backs in an attempt to rationalize and defend the hire of the "type" of person that they have said that they are better than hiring. This series of events once again exposed that program and its followers for the pathetic hypocrites that the rest of the sporting world always knew them to be.
NICE POST!

HA!! Fyi...I have inside information that Mitch prayed for a day on this hire before he approved it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT