ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Kuric

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Former Louisville basketball star Kyle Kuric has a new club home in Europe.

The 27-year-old wing signed a two-year contract with Zenit St. Petersburg, EuroCup reported Wednesday. Kuric spent the past few seasons with Gran Canaria in Spain, where he averaged 15.1 points per game and shot 50 percent from 3-point range.

Kuric made headlines in 2015 and 2016 after doctors found a brain tumor that required surgery. He ultimately had several surgeries to remove the tumor and reduce swelling.

After all that, Kuric returned to the court for his club team and played in the 2016 NBA summer league with the Phoenix Suns.

Zenit St. Petersburg finished second in the top-tier VTB United League in Russia and reached the quarterfinals of the EuroCup.

Really glad Kyle was able to keep playing pro ball after that brain tumor/surgery a couple years back.

His life story is inspirational. It gives me goose bumps when I think of what he's been thru, and how he's dealt with it head on. He is a courageous young man who just happens to be a pretty good athlete.

I'll never forget THE dunk he had during the Notre Dame game, and who can ever forget the last game in Freedom Hall where he etched his name in Cardinals history forever? L1C4 to the bone!!

He is also obviously getting better to boot. His brain thing was a mere flesh wound. :)

Top Tier Russian team who was Final Four in the Eurocup?? Somebody likes them some Kyle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT