ADVERTISEMENT

Kinda quiet over here

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
I don't know why we're not chirpin more on this board about the game.
High quality win on the road against a highly motivated team and crowd. I felt like the whole country was waiting for the Cards to fall on their faces after that Michigan St win...and probably hoping for it.

The fellas got off the mat several times to land a late fight knockout.

It was a thing of beauty imo.

I think it is just a matter of the whole football coach thing that has most Card fans attention over there.

I agree that this this was a solid road win and resume builder that also, hopefully, just makes the team even tougher.

I have to admit that it didn't look good at times, especially after going down by 12 points. But the Mack toughness wouldn't be denied.

Good win and happy to get it, but I don’t get overly excited about any basketball game this time of year.

Now if it’s February and we’re winning these kinds of road games, then I will be excited about what that means for a tournament run....

No, I agree. I'm excited because it's this type win that might get us in if we hit a lull later.

Reactions: shadow force
Feels like we've lost regular posters over the yrs. Many fans don't get interested until conference. Interest may be in decline due to scandal overload.

It's too bad because the new staff has impressed in November. Games that haven't mattered the past few decades mean more now due to shaky ground program has been on recently.

It's hard to project value of Nov wins but what I think is important is the team is finally getting back to just playing basketball. They weren't projected to do much maybe they will surprise people.

I think the growth and development of this team should be better appreciated. Each game they have gotten better. Today looked like a bit of a regression at time because the SH switching defense caused us problems and we couldn’t stop them early. But, they recovered. SH only scored 15 points over the last 11-12 minutes of the game. This team continues to learn and grow confidence. Barring injury, they will make some noise in the ACC if this trajectory continues. Go CARDS!!!

Today looked like a bit of a regression at time because the SH switching defense caused us problems and we couldn’t stop them early
Absolutely couldn't stop them. The defense in the last 10 minutes by everyone was outstanding. Couple that with only allowing 1 shot every possession , you get what we saw.

Reactions: Cue Card
I honestly was more surprised winning this game than beating Mich St. First true road game. Quality opponent that beat us last year and might be better this year.

Quality opponent that beat us last year and might be better this year.
That was a really solid team we beat yesterday. That game had all the makings of a double digit loss. Sutton's first half heroics kept us in it and everybody got on board defensively in the second half.

Super happy to get through this stretch 2-2. Should have been 3-1, but easily could have been 0-4. Very excited to see this teams effort and several times yesterday they could have shut down and lost that game by 15. Still think we are a fringe tournament team, but the more I watch this group, I'm getting more confident.

Reactions: earsky
Feels like we've lost regular posters over the yrs. Many fans don't get interested until conference. Interest may be in decline due to scandal overload.

It's too bad because the new staff has impressed in November. Games that haven't mattered the past few decades mean more now due to shaky ground program has been on recently.

It's hard to project value of Nov wins but what I think is important is the team is finally getting back to just playing basketball. They weren't projected to do much maybe they will surprise people.

I stopped in to read all the comments about the new regime. For me, ever since the one and done took over, the sport hasn't been the same. It just seemed to get worse and worse, with only a few programs allowed to really compete. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how things looked to me. I kind of look back at myself and laugh for buying gear and certain name brand shoes.My wife insists my style is much better these days. I haven't watched a UofL basketball game in years.

Glad to see you're still at it.

Honestly,I started the thread after the win Saturday as a bit of a poke at how few people stop by after wins as opposed to when we lose. We've got some serious trolling going on after losses.

Reactions: Cue Card
Honestly,I started the thread after the win Saturday as a bit of a poke at how few people stop by after wins as opposed to when we lose. We've got some serious trolling going on after losses.
It's true, and it's always the same usual suspects. Nowhere to be found when things are sunny and bright, but let it cloud up and/or rain and they come out like cockroaches after the lights go out. Some people just aren't happy unless they make others around them miserable.

Truth. We got some serious trolling 24/7. It's a compliment though.

Right fellas. I was taking a shot at those guys that you never see when things are good.

This board shouldn't take it personal. Really it's all boards that have lost participation. Too many fanboys no matter the topic or situation that killed it for most if you ask me. Cause reality is everybody has a different opinion.

Starting to switch gears. Coach hunt was consuming. Michigan State win was awesome but definitely got a little drowned out in the noise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT