ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Coleman in the Portal

HiStepper

4000+
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
This guy spends one year here and is back in the portal? The system needs better rules on musical chair moves.

Reactions: zgrasshopper
This is a significant loss in my opinion. I don’t know what these guys see that I don’t. He would have a ton of opportunity here next year.

Not surprised or concerned. Sure you like to keep players because of experience but he wasn’t an electric player. He didn’t have elite speed. The are small and quick players like him literally everywhere. I think Lucas from IU potentially is better.

This guy spends one year here and is back in the portal? The system needs better rules on musical chair moves.
They should allow NIL or the portal, but not both. This is going to completely kill the popularity of college athletics. Jmo

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Courts won’t let schools limit players freedom. The only way to prevent it is collective bargaining. That comes with a whole different set of issues.

Amateur athletics was a good thing for the vast majority of kids competing in HS and College. This current situation is not a sustainable model, and the long term affect will not be good for those who either play and/or watch sporting events.

Reactions: JTMPR and Mayoman
Coaching in college has to be a nightmare. Impossible to manage 18-19 year olds. Too many outside voices pulling them in all directions.

The wide receiver room is emptying out which maybe direct impact of how they had to play this year or influx of new players or both.

Not sure if it is sustainable in this form but some system will eventually emerge and there will be more programs left out in the wind.

Last edited:
Hasn’t the idea of a 1x transfer w/o having to sit out a year, but the second/third time around they must sit out a year?

This is a significant loss in my opinion. I don’t know what these guys see that I don’t. He would have a ton of opportunity here next year.
Don't see it with this guy. He had plenty of opportunity this season and showed little. New better guys coming in was writing on the wall.

I am sure the posters on this site, myself included, watch a lot of football, but I remain confident that Jeff and his staff have a far greater capacity for determining football talent than ourselves.

Kids transfer for a litany of reasons, but I suspect that in the majority of instances the HC can influence the kids from leaving if they honestly want them. I have absolutely no inside information here, but I would bet that Coleman entered the portal based on recognizing that his opportunities for next year will be reduced at UL, based on who this staff is bringing in.

There are still several elite WRs playing in Bowl games that are candidates to transfer, and I expect Jeff has sights on at least two who he feels will fit this offense next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT