ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky

Can we get Kelsey IN THE HOUSE again for this game? Maybe sing the National Anthem? 🙃

UK has done this before; start off playing exceptional baseball, only to fall apart. So far they look most deserving of their top 10 ranking, and we look very pedestrian. Its one game, and I must say that at times we have been formidable and could show up for the locals.

I will continue to root for raggedy team until they're eliminated and then some.
Really kinda surprised by some things Sunday but holy cow do I want to win this game tomorrow...for more than one reason.

Baseball is really mostly about the individual battle between pitcher and hitter. As much as I'd like to say it's all pitching, I can't.
There's something amiss with some of the individual performances right now. Some of the guys are not up to it and some look like they're just going through the motions

Whatever tf,we need to win this game tomorrow against the bluebellies .

Reactions: SoulSr
The thought of a majority Blue Belly crowd in Patterson makes me sick, which may be the case given how this team has played.

The thought of a majority Blue Belly crowd in Patterson makes me sick, which may be the case given how this team has played.
No doubt they won't miss an opportunity to kick us while we're down. Another reason we need to win-keep their mouths shut.

Reactions: Deeva
Dan's pretty much had their number. We'll see. This game could be the turning point. I'm not holding my breath, though. That said, Go Cards! Beat their blue arses back to Lexington.

Reactions: Deeva and earsky
Dan's pretty much had their number. We'll see. This game could be the turning point. I'm not holding my breath, though. That said, Go Cards! Beat their blue arses back to Lexington.
L YEAH! Let's kick some uk arse!!

Reactions: Deeva
By the way I did see Forbes the other day over by The Dugout he had a pretty good size bandage around his left wrist and I don't know what that means

The shift between the 2 programs has been amazing since portal 2 years ago. UK had to go to it by default their coach was on the hot seat. They dove into the portal. It has worked. They are legit good.

Louisville stuck to their plan. It has not worked. When you lose veteran guys and replace with talent freshman and sophomores that used to work because everyone’s cycle ran the same way. Now teams have gotten older and stayed older while Louisville stayed young especially with their pitching. They have also had veteran pitchers transfer out.

Talented players take time to adjust for the most part. The majority of hitters take 2-3 years to adapt the this level of pitching. The majority of pitchers take 2-3 years to learn how to pitch at this level. We have watched over the years. Now you can bring in 3-4 year guys that have made the transition and compete today.

I get why Dan wants to develop kids and it worked for a long time but he has to adapt or this will continue to happen because his best young guys will hit the portal to see their NIL value. They are getting great classes because others have abandon high school recruiting.

Now teams have gotten older and stayed older while Louisville stayed young especially with their pitching. They have also had veteran pitchers transfer out.
Great point here and really what it boils down to. The players that are still here,they have to perform above their heads. It's what I have been saying though. Play the youngsters over inconsistent veterans and build for next season or redshirt them.

The issue is those younger guys have to stay 3-4 years so you are constantly older. I think the portal and NIL are a big obstacle for his model. The bottom line is you can’t win in the ACC with young hitters and pitchers. It needs to be a heathy mix.

The older pitchers just haven’t developed. The older hitters aren’t legit. It is what it is.

The young crew is good but for this to work they all have to stay.

Plus, these announcers, good god. What’s the point in having your own conference network? Seriously, what is the point?

Reactions: UofLouisville
This is a terrible team. They used to be the team that played aggressive, small ball and didn’t make stupid mistakes. Now it is just the opposite. Pitchers are scared to death. Hitters are undisciplined. Fielding is shit.

Pitching hasn’t been there the past few years. It’s been terrible this year.

I'm expecting big turnover after the season.
Too many guys just playing out the season. Smdh

This is just bad baseball; throwing errors, hbp, inability to find strike zone….poor fundamentals. The pattern has become so predictable that announcers and viewers alike can tell what is about to occur.

I could see as early as the second inning this was going to be a 10 run rule game

It's not just pitching. I'm going to throw some shade at CDM fot the hitting as well. Without actually going back to look, I don't recall a lineup being the same 2 games in a row. As a batter, having consistency is really important. We are passed the point of tweeks. A guy has a great day at bat then is on the bench the next. When he plays again, it's not there. Not rocket science to ride hot bats. No matter who's pitching. When you're on, the ball looks like a melon.

Hitting isn’t great but good pitching always shuts down good hitting. You have no shot if your staff can’t shut down teams. This staff hasn’t shut many teams down. WKU was the only game I remember were the offense didn’t score 5-6 runs when the staff actually did limit the other team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT