ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky High School recruits

Ding, Ding, Ding leave it to Zipp to make my point. Kids from the sticks will always go to Lexington to make a difference. It's sad they are so brainwashed by their communities to actually make the choice that would be better for their careers.
What is the point of this thread, exactly? Are you rationalizing the fact that UK has commitments from the three best in state players in the 2016 class? Are you suggesting somehow that missing on top in state talent is preferable to landing it?

Having grown up in Louisville, I agree that players in the city have done some great things. Brohm, Bush, Parker come to mind. There are others. Marcus (?) Green from Male played DT at Ohio St, Montrell Jones was can't miss until he couldn't stop smoking weed at UT, etc.

That being said, Couch did OK as the overall #1 draft pick. Lorenzen has a Super Bowl ring. So to answer your initial question, yes, I do think UK needs to keep the best in state players home to compete in the SEC, though it's not a direct cause and effect (winning begets recruiting begets winning...)

I would rather have a 3* kid from Louisville instead of a 4* kid from out in the state, the kids from Louisville play against so much better competition. Paintsville doesn't play against teams that really challenge an athlete just like most of these rural schools. Give me the 3* athletes from Louisville like Devante Parker all day long and I will be happy.
If only they had get togethers in the summers where kids from all over could play against each other to see how they stack up. Could solve the exact dilemma you describe.

You're changing the narrative. My comments were not about fans but about recruits who commit to any school other than UK. Kyle Bolin had a couple of incidents, one when he took his younger brother for pizza, after committing to UL.

You know it's the truth. Some of the posts on your message boards have said as much. Harris has been demonized since he spun UK.

No I don't know it's the truth. Im sure there is ribbing, but I don't believe for a second that a recruits family is ostracized if they go to Louisville.
And just because people act like idiots on an anonymous message board doesn't mean they do in person.

No I don't know it's the truth. Im sure there is ribbing, but I don't believe for a second that a recruits family is ostracized if they go to Louisville.
And just because people act like idiots on an anonymous message board doesn't mean they do in person.
I can see you are going to spin this the way you want all I know is what Bolin said happened to him after committing a UK fan out with his kids harassing Bolin because of his choice but I guess he made it up.

I can see you are going to spin this the way you want all I know is what Bolin said happened to him after committing a UK fan out with his kids harassing Bolin because of his choice but I guess he made it up.

The fact doesnt change that the state of Kentucky has three UA all americans this year, which are kids that were chosen by their performance at elite camps this summer against the best players in the country.

Not a bad thing for Kentucky.

What is the point of this thread, exactly? Are you rationalizing the fact that UK has commitments from the three best in state players in the 2016 class? Are you suggesting somehow that missing on top in state talent is preferable to landing it?

Having grown up in Louisville, I agree that players in the city have done some great things. Brohm, Bush, Parker come to mind. There are others. Marcus (?) Green from Male played DT at Ohio St, Montrell Jones was can't miss until he couldn't stop smoking weed at UT, etc.

That being said, Couch did OK as the overall #1 draft pick. Lorenzen has a Super Bowl ring. So to answer your initial question, yes, I do think UK needs to keep the best in state players home to compete in the SEC, though it's not a direct cause and effect (winning begets recruiting begets winning...)
My point is, I just don't think outside of Louisville, Bowling Green, Northern KY, the talent is as good as it's being made out to be. Just because a kid does well in a camp without equipment in drills and makes the Under Armour game, doesn't make him a lock to be the world saver UK fans make them out to be.

My point is, I just don't think outside of Louisville, Bowling Green, Northern KY, the talent is as good as it's being made out to be. Just because a kid does well in a camp without equipment in drills and makes the Under Armour game, doesn't make him a lock to be the world saver UK fans make them out to be.

Havent noticed anyone in this thread say they will be saviors for Kentucky. But I will say I would rather have them on my side than not.

wats is exactly right, and this thread is completely relevant and has been for awhile. LPT fans simply don't wanna recognize it.

LPT Football: Among other things...

johnnyrockets, post:

What is the point of this thread, exactly? Are you rationalizing the fact that UK has commitments from the three best in state players in the 2016 class?

That being said, Couch did OK as the overall #1 draft pick. Lorenzen has a Super Bowl ring.

If anything, this may reflect the learning ability of out-in-the-state players, and their families.

These kids, their parents, their Grandparents, and in some cases their Great Grandparents, have watched the states "best" go to uk to never be heard from again, or with minimal success.

Yes, Lorenzen has a SB ring. Several guys have had very successful careers. But they didn't turn uk around.
These kids may go to the league too....but they won turn uk around either.

They will get to enjoy seeing 10k people camped out for BBM instead of coming to their FB game.

They'll get what they asked for. Second class status while in college, and a losing conference record.

Bolin also wanted to have a signing day ceremony at his High School ( Lexington Lafayette) but was denied.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT