ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky/Georgia

Entertaining game. 14-7 Georgia at the half. And UK gave them 7 points on a mistake by a UK defender, who didn’t fall on the football because he thought a fumble was an incomplete pass. Georgia scored a TD on the very next play after the fumble.

Reactions: Deeva
Another moral victory for their fans. Kirby must have pulled most of the starters.
I had a rooting interest on that last play lol

But credit to Kirby and that defense for trying to stop them on that last play. Those guys play with pride. Yes, UGA is talented and all, but they don’t rely on it. They play together and play with heart to match their talent.

Bryan Brown needs to take notes.

That's what I really noticed about Georgia's defense. They play team defense and know where everyone is supposed to be. Their experience is as valuable as their talent.

The Cards defense is all over the place but I again have to add that Louisville has faced four of the best passing offenses in the country. UCF is no longer that after they lost their QB, Dillon Gabriel.

So maybe the defense will have better results going forward against more run based offenses?

Reactions: Deeva
Down goes the kittens. They never stood a prayer. Undefeated because they played nobody. Y E S!!!

It is true that UK has enjoyed a most favorable home schedule against weak opponents (Monroe, Missouri, So Carolina) leading up to their visit to Athens yesterday, and to be completely honest, the crowd noise in Commonwealth preserved their win over UF …….with that said, this UK team is their best one in a long, long time.

Upsetting the cats would go a long way to restoring Satterfield‘s future at UL.

Reality check UK best team in a long time loaded with upperclassman and they were dominated by the best team in the conference. The talent gap is clear.

With that said UK is good. Stoops has done a good job building their roster. It can also be said the SEC is way down. There are some bad teams in the East. This year was set up to be a good year with schedule and roster.

We will see how the coaching carousel goes but this is the year he leaves if the right job opens up. Today reaffirmed they still have a long way to go talent wise to be competitive with the top tier of the SEC after 9 years. Their entire roster flips next year. He would kill it at Miami with that recruiting base.

Down goes the kittens. They never stood a prayer. Undefeated because they played nobody. Y E S!!!
What I saw yesterday is a UK team that could easily go 11-1. Georgia is clearly the best team in the nation. I will have to see a lot of improvement from our guys to feel good about our game against them. Of course there is still a lot of games before that.

Reactions: CardsFirst
What I saw yesterday is a UK team that could easily go 11-1. Georgia is clearly the best team in the nation. I will have to see a lot of improvement from our guys to feel good about our game against them. Of course there is still a lot of games before that.
I agree they are better than everyone on their schedule. Here is the rub which I don’t think Stoops or their administration cares but their SOS is terrible. 11-1 team with no shot at the playoff.

Reality check UK best team in a long time loaded with upperclassman and they were dominated by the best team in the conference. The talent gap is clear.

With that said UK is good. Stoops has done a good job building their roster. It can also be said the SEC is way down. There are some bad teams in the East. This year was set up to be a good year with schedule and roster.

We will see how the coaching carousel goes but this is the year he leaves if the right job opens up. Today reaffirmed they still have a long way to go talent wise to be competitive with the top tier of the SEC after 9 years. Their entire roster flips next year. He would kill it at Miami with that recruiting base.
Stoops has benefited from a weak schedule and having a recruiting coordinator that even Michigan tried to hire. When you have 9 starting seniors on defense and a transfer playmaker with their Receiver you should have an above average year. As for porky leaving, probably not going to happen. Every competent AD out there knows his two favorite things to do is having someone on his defense fake an injury to slow the opponents offense down, and to scream at the officials if a call doesn’t go their way.

Last edited:
11-1 in the SEC at UK. He recruits really well at UK. He is a players coach i.e if they get in trouble he could careless as long as they produce. He will be a Hot commodity. Franklin goes to USC Penn State is perfect for Stoops. Miami pulls the trigger on Diaz Stoops is a perfect fit.

He may love being OK at UK but most coaches want more. Penn State and Miami offer more talent.

If you call having 61 three star players recruiting well and only 12 four star players? I call it average at best. Your not going to beat Alabama or Georgia with a team like that my friend. He'll have to show he can recruit if he ever wants a big school job. I think he loves UK and will stay their until he's replaced or more likely retires some day.

If you call having 61 three star players recruiting well and only 12 four star players? I call it average at best. Your not going to beat Alabama or Georgia with a team like that my friend. He'll have to show he can recruit if he ever wants a big school job. I think he loves UK and will stay their until he's replaced or more likely retires some day.
We had coaches leave here with much less star power. It’s winning with less that draws bigger programs. Howard to Oklahoma, JLS to MSU, Bobby to the Falcons, and Charlie to Texas. So, if Stoops wins at SuCk with 3* he’ll get a better job, if they can tolerate his whining on the sidelines, players that love to get into trouble off the field, and thug (Don’t like using that word for athletes, but it describes their players well) mentality. The administration at SuCk looks the other way. Not all Administrations will/can do that.

Reactions: luv2hit63
Right
11-1 in the SEC at UK. He recruits really well at UK. He is a players coach i.e if they get in trouble he could careless as long as they produce. He will be a Hot commodity. Franklin goes to USC Penn State is perfect for Stoops. Miami pulls the trigger on Diaz Stoops is a perfect fit.

He may love being OK at UK but most coaches want more. Penn State and Miami offer more talent.
. Tack on, they beat Florida, beat LSU, beat South Carolina regularly, and if he beats Tennessee again, it definitely helps his recruiting… Oh and we scored 2 TDS against Georgia..

I will agree UK is a perfect fit for him. The reality is at UK the sun and moon have to align for them to win the East. At some point UT/SC are going to make the right hire. Then it just gets more difficult for him. Add in UT and Oklahoma his path becomes almost impossible.

He will be a Hot commodity this off season because of what he has built at KY. He can easily replicate that at places with a great recruiting base.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Like I tell everyone, winning against a Power 5 schedule is winning against a Power 5 schedule. Like some may look down at Pitt, NC State, or Wake's records this year, but they're winning. In college football, everyone has talent and everyone has highly paid coaching staffs.

Now as for sUcKS, they're currently 6-1 against the #3 Strength of Schedule per ESPN, as in the games they've played. Losing against UGA on the road just means they aren't championship material, but it also doesn't mean they aren't a great team. Does not mean they're unbeatable, but also does not mean it's some game that's gonna be easy. We have 5 games to go against them. Lets not go into that game with 5 wins, lets take care of business and get bowl eligible before that game.

ND & Clemson were great teams last year, but both got run off the field by Alabama. Doesn't mean they weren't great teams, but they weren't the best. Now sUcKs still has a road game in Starkville and have to play a rejuvenated Tennessee team, then they have to finish off with us. If they finish 11-1 then they'll have earned it, I won't respect Fat Boy Stoops and their program as a whole, but I'll respect them as a football team.

We chest thump over having a power 5 schedule, then bitch about the same schedule being "weak". 🤔

But everybody else plays a "P5" schedule and it's accepted as "tough".

Half our ACC teams would have trouble in the AAC or MAC.

Reactions: Bank Cat
Stoops' style isn't "plug & play with a lot of victories," and any program that just fired their coach will not be a pre-built situation. Any program that lures him away will have to understand that, or they will FARRRR that sonofabeyitch after 3 years.

We chest thump over having a power 5 schedule, then bitch about the same schedule being "weak". 🤔

But everybody else plays a "P5" schedule and it's accepted as "tough".

Half our ACC teams would have trouble in the AAC or MAC.
Back when we were in the Big East, I kept a record of head to head Big East versus ACC matchups. I no longer have those stats, but I do remember that there were approximately 70 games played between programs in the two conferences, and the ACC won something like 37 of them. There wasn’t a lot of difference, for certain.

What I think is different is that in a typical year the very best ACC team is better than the top AAC school - but not by a huge margin. I do tend to think that the MAC schools in the average are below both the AAC and the ACC, just in terms of financial commitment, which should lead to better coaching, facilities and a more well funded medical, training, support staff and equipment at the ACC school.

Assuming that you have a coach who has an eye for talent, those advantages are going to result in a deeper and more talented roster at the ACC school.

Back when we were in the Big East, I kept a record of head to head Big East versus ACC matchups. I no longer have those stats, but I do remember that there were approximately 70 games played between programs in the two conferences, and the ACC won something like 37 of them. There wasn’t a lot of difference, for certain.

What I think is different is that in a typical year the very best ACC team is better than the top AAC school - but not by a huge margin. I do tend to think that the MAC schools in the average are below both the AAC and the ACC, just in terms of financial commitment, which should lead to better coaching, facilities and a more well funded medical, training, support staff and equipment at the ACC school.

Assuming that you have a coach who has an eye for talent, those advantages are going to result in a deeper and more talented roster at the ACC school.
To me that almost sounds as if it is perception and maybe not based on actual results. The ACC has been a better football conference mainly because Clemson has been in the picture of the CFP. That’s not indicative of the conference but an individual school. ACC gets more credit simply from having older members that have had successful pasts, FSU, Miami, VT, GT and even Pitt. AAC and Conference USA are made of mostly teams from smaller conferences trying to work their way up to the Power 5. Cincinnati, UCF, Houston, Temple, SMU maybe others could have done equally well if they were in the ACC Thea past few years.

To me that almost sounds as if it is perception and maybe not based on actual results. The ACC has been a better football conference mainly because Clemson has been in the picture of the CFP. That’s not indicative of the conference but an individual school. ACC gets more credit simply from having older members that have had successful pasts, FSU, Miami, VT, GT and even Pitt. AAC and Conference USA are made of mostly teams from smaller conferences trying to work their way up to the Power 5. Cincinnati, UCF, Houston, Temple, SMU maybe others could have done equally well if they were in the ACC Thea past few years.
Not disagreeing there. As I stated in my post, the Big East schools won nearly as many games as the ACC did in their head to head matchups during the time that UofL was a Big East member.

The ACC schools should be better in the aggregate, just because of the additional money those schools have to work with. But as we all know, that’s not always the case.

Those numbers published in the USA Today earlier point this out: of the AAC schools listed that play football, their 2019-20 budgets were between $56 million and $82 million. The ACC’s budgets ranged from $86 million to $141 million.

Reactions: nccardfan
It is true that UK has enjoyed a most favorable home schedule against weak opponents (Monroe, Missouri, So Carolina) leading up to their visit to Athens yesterday, and to be completely honest, the crowd noise in Commonwealth preserved their win over UF …….with that said, this UK team is their best one in a long, long time.

Upsetting the cats would go a long way to restoring Satterfield‘s future at UL.
How can you say UK has played nobody when they beat two good teams with much more 4 and 5 star talent in Florida and LSU. Give credit where credit is due.

Shadow: no where did I say that UK “has not played anyone”, what I pointed out is that UK has enjoyed several victories this year, as well as over the Stoops era against opponents that are struggling. South Carolina needed a late score to beat Vanderbilt last week, and the Missouri team that UK beat lost to the same BC team that we are favored tomorrow by 5,5 points. Examininng the statistical comparison between UF and UK, it was clear that UF dominated everything but the scoreboard.

I will concede to your overall point; specifically that both Stoops and UK deserves credit for their improved performance. Frankly, the credit for the win over Florida belongs to those 60K UK fans who provided the noise when the gators were 1st and goal and could not hear the signal count.

Honestly, I would like to have seen UK play Ole Miss in Atlanta in exchange for our playing either UF, USC Jr., LSU or Missouri at home instead. WF and UVA may very well be a UK opponent in the upcoming Bowl season.

Like I tell everyone, winning against a Power 5 schedule is winning against a Power 5 schedule. Like some may look down at Pitt, NC State, or Wake's records this year, but they're winning. In college football, everyone has talent and everyone has highly paid coaching staffs.

Now as for sUcKS, they're currently 6-1 against the #3 Strength of Schedule per ESPN, as in the games they've played. Losing against UGA on the road just means they aren't championship material, but it also doesn't mean they aren't a great team. Does not mean they're unbeatable, but also does not mean it's some game that's gonna be easy. We have 5 games to go against them. Lets not go into that game with 5 wins, lets take care of business and get bowl eligible before that game.

ND & Clemson were great teams last year, but both got run off the field by Alabama. Doesn't mean they weren't great teams, but they weren't the best. Now sUcKs still has a road game in Starkville and have to play a rejuvenated Tennessee team, then they have to finish off with us. If they finish 11-1 then they'll have earned it, I won't respect Fat Boy Stoops and their program as a whole, but I'll respect them as a football team.

Lol, where’s the link to the #3 schedule rankings? Georgia is the only ranked team they’ve played, many teams have multiple games against ranked teams.

Reactions: TDredbird
UK schedules to win which leads to better recruiting. Louisville has with tougher scheduling in out of conference. Can’t argue with either approach but UK approach is working for them and Louisville approach is not working for them. Hard to dispute that look at Louisville attendance.

Fans check out once losses start happening.

UK schedules to win which leads to better recruiting. Louisville has with tougher scheduling in out of conference. Can’t argue with either approach but UK approach is working for them and Louisville approach is not working for them. Hard to dispute that look at Louisville attendance.

Fans check out once losses start happening.

Kentucky has been recruiting good but not great, if not for the transfer portal they would be hurting this year. Their QB, MLB, left tackle, and top wr all were playing somewhere else last season. A team can definitely get healthy quickly in the portal, hopefully we are one of those teams this off season.

Our opening against Ole Miss this season was a mistake; this roster needed a cupcake like LA Monroe at home to start the season. The contrast between our 1st and 2nd half performance against what appears to be a very real SEC contender, showed me that we were not mentally prepared.

UK knows the importance of getting to 6 wins every season, and their schedule pretty much assures that result.

Fanbases are extremely fickle. Fans will complain about playing a weak schedule but they will show up as long as they win. Fans love a tough schedule but as soon as losses start happening they stop showing up.

Louisville is investing in the program the question has always been how do they recruit better players. Losses and low attendance doesn’t help. Scheduling is a big part of the process of building a program. Unfortunately the schedule is set 5-8 years down the road and it remains aggressive.

Fanbases are extremely fickle. Fans will complain about playing a weak schedule but they will show up as long as they win. Fans love a tough schedule but as soon as losses start happening they stop showing up.

Louisville is investing in the program the question has always been how do they recruit better players. Losses and low attendance doesn’t help. Scheduling is a big part of the process of building a program. Unfortunately the schedule is set 5-8 years down the road and it remains aggressive.

The question is about whether our fans would be satisfied with just making a bowl game? I love starting out with a win, but Louisiana Monroe is just not an excitable game. If we’re going to be good then why not play another good team? That team has to play us as well.

Lol, where’s the link to the #3 schedule rankings? Georgia is the only ranked team they’ve played, many teams have multiple games against ranked teams.

Last week it was #3 on ESPN and currently it's #9 on ESPN. Doesn't mean it's right and I'm not going to debate whether it's great or not, but you simply asked for a link (because you were implying I made it up or just heard it from a sUcKs fan and posted it) and here is the link to it. Doesn't mean it's right, doesn't mean it's wrong. It's one site's algorithm. I use ESPN FPI the same as I use KenPom, they aren't exact science, but it's just what I use and what I look at as one source of information for my weekly gambling picks.

Reactions: rockycard

Last week it was #3 on ESPN and currently it's #9 on ESPN. Doesn't mean it's right and I'm not going to debate whether it's great or not, but you simply asked for a link (because you were implying I made it up or just heard it from a sUcKs fan and posted it) and here is the link to it. Doesn't mean it's right, doesn't mean it's wrong. It's one site's algorithm. I use ESPN FPI the same as I use KenPom, they aren't exact science, but it's just what I use and what I look at as one source of information for my weekly gambling picks.

This late in the year the sagarin ratings are pretty good, Kentucky’s SOS today is #50. And that’s after playing #1 Georgia.

This late in the year the sagarin ratings are pretty good, Kentucky’s SOS today is #50. And that’s after playing #1 Georgia.
I did used to look at sagarin, but it seems like it's a bit too slow moving. ESPN's FPI is good, although it inflates the SEC a bit too much, but can factor in other things. Like Tennessee isn't #25 per say, but they've looked solid against at tough schedule. They'd probably dominate in a weaker league.

In all honesty, there isn't really a good analytical model for college football compared to KenPom.

ESPN predictor today says uk has a 52.5% chance to beat us.

And I thought we sucked and they were the second coming.
FPI doesn’t rate them too highly. But, then being a favorite over us on the road is telling because it generally give a home field advantage bump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT