ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
Watching Kansas-kitties game. I think Kenny Payne is the laziest D-I assistant I’ve ever seen.

The guy basically refuses to stand up and get out of his seat. Does he walk to his seat on the bench or do they roll him out there on some kind of heavy duty apparatus?

It isn’t laziness. This is fairly common in basketball. Assistants jumping to their feet and coaching can be perceived as stepping on the head coaches toes. It depends on the head coach and the staff. But it’s respect/etiquette that keeps assistants grounded.

Reactions: cocodaddy
I think we are better than several teams ranked ahead of us and if we take care of business we will move ahead of them.

I’m happy with where we are, I just though Kansas looked pitiful. Just maintain top 4 in acc and is say we are ahead of schedule and ppls expectations

Reactions: CardsFirst
I’m happy with where we are, I just though Kansas looked pitiful. Just maintain top 4 in acc and is say we are ahead of schedule and ppls expectations
We’ve got 11 regular season games left. If we can go 7-4 or better that would be an incredible season.

Watching Kansas-kitties game. I think Kenny Payne is the laziest D-I assistant I’ve ever seen.

The guy basically refuses to stand up and get out of his seat. Does he walk to his seat on the bench or do they roll him out there on some kind of heavy duty apparatus?

You cannot post anything about this clown without including his nickname.

Kenneth " double traitor" payne........

Reactions: Cue Card

I think we are ahead no matter what happens. Even talking about being top 4 in the ACC is CRAZY!!! Tough sledding up ahead, so lets hang in there. I think we see 4-5 more losses.

At $900,000/yr. and not having the stress of a head coach, I'd say he's doing pretty well.
Then he need to never whine about being passed over. Gotta pay your dues at an EKU type position to prove you’re worthy of a HC position.

Just take a look at him and he looks like a lazy slob. I hate to be that way about a former UofL man but he doesn't look like he does up & down too much except to go to the dinner table.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Not trying to argue about anything. You were just saying I was wrong and I corrected you.
Your point was moot from the start, so I’ll go ahead and revoke your “correction”. When you’re arguing about 600,000$ over a $3,000,000/ year salary, you don’t understand that almost makes up entirety of his annual as an AC at UK. That’s a substantial difference regardless of being top 6 or 7 or in the top 30 of coaches that still make over 2.5 million a year. More money is more money, and don’t forget about other endeavors regarding endorsements once you make the leap to become a HC of a power 5 conference D1 program.

Reactions: NothinButNylon
I'm not doubting Payne's financial comfort. Anyone that has been in the industry for years is a success in the big picture. Was just wondering if he had ever been a legit candidate for any HC jobs. I guess he hasn't been.

He’s been at sUcK to long to come back to Louisville.

Ass clown pitino offered him a spot on UofL's staff. He turned down his alma mater for SuCkS.

That and telling rex "sticky fingets" Chapman, he wouldn't get any playing time if he came to UofL.

He'll never coach here. He can pound sand...

Ass clown pitino offered him a spot on UofL's staff. He turned down his alma mater for SuCkS.

That and telling rex "sticky fingets" Chapman, he wouldn't get any playing time if he came to UofL.

He'll never coach here. He can pound sand...
I think Chapman is secretly still a bigger UL fan than UK. So much for their "King Rex."

He said 4-5 times $900,000.. 3.6 to 4.5 mil.
Again.. top 6 or 7 coaches.
Just like a silly scat fan to jump when it should have just moved on. I never EVER said he could make that much coaching just college basketball. I said he could make 4 to 5 times that if he could coach which he can't. Think about it some. The light might come on.

Here's a hint for you. There are 15 basketball coaches right now who make 5 million or more a year coaching basketball and NONE of them coach college ball.

The dude is responsible for making uks big men as dominant as they have been since hes been there.

I think the big men were dominant because of their God given talent. If they could go pro right out of high school they would have.

Karl towns was not as good in November as he was in March neither was bam and Kenny Payne is the guy the helps them to get where they are.

Karl towns was not as good in November as he was in March neither was bam and Kenny Payne is the guy the helps them to get where they are.
Is Towns the next UK guy who’s going to demand a trade because his team sucks? Maybe they should look in the mirror and quit trying to blame management or teammates.

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT