ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne Interest At Georgia Or Mizzou?

LOL SOURCES are always without names more like writers with agenda's who work for agents and coaches camps.

Sources close to the search have maintained for weeks that UGA’s search would prioritize, “a smart, viable program builder who can recruit in-state and work the transfer portal,” over a headliner. If the Bulldogs were able to land Drew it would check both of those boxes

The long list of suitors for his services may also be used in the negotiation of a new contract with Baylor. Since Baylor is a private school the details of Drew’s current contract are unknown. It is believed he makes somewhere in the range of $2.5-$3.5 million. The terms of Drew’s buyout have not been shared.

*This story was updated at 1:30 AM EST

Plenty of other just like this with Mizz and Ga writers not even mentioning KP name with their schools whatsoever. Bozich with his local BS trying to stir up things .

Last edited:
Tells me Payne wants the job. It also tells me Louisville is doing its job in vetting candidates.

Why pay a huge buyout if you aren’t getting a superstar. Drew is the only worthy candidate to fork over the buyout. Still doubt Drew would leave Baylor.

Could be wrong but Payne is probably the guy. If not him Murray State coach. I think the buyouts will eliminate several guys.

Bozich is a puppet. I’m sure Eaves, Beard and KP orchestrated this BS. KP hasn’t had a Power 5 offer ever, now suddenly has a whole basket full? I call BS, and in a big way!

Bozich is a puppet. I’m sure Eaves, Beard and KP orchestrated this BS. KP hasn’t had a Power 5 offer ever, now suddenly has a whole basket full? I call BS, and in a big way!

It makes perfect sense for Payne to leak out that he’s talking to other schools. He wants the Louisville job and wants Louisville to make him a good offer. But right now it’s a poker game where each party wants the other to think it can play things out how they want. Anyways I expect Payne to reach a deal with uofl in the next 8 days.

That makes zero sense on literally every level.
Wouldn't make sense. Georgia is not a destination job, neither is LSU. Not for an established winning coach like Drew.

Scott Drew is most likely using his interest to garner a bigger contract from Baylor, just like Bruce Pearl did with Auburn.

I think UofL has to show they considered hiring some top level coaches before handing the job over to a first time head coach in KP. If a Scott Drew surprises UofL and has serious interest, then he would be preferable.

But most likely UofL will have to hire KP when the big names for whatever reason can't or won't come here. UofL will then be able to say they tried to hire a big name and didn't just hire KP for being a alumnist.

The track record of former players become great head coaches is not good. Danny Manning, Chris Mullen, Johnny Dawkins, Patrick Ewing, Steve Alford and so far Penny Hardaway has been a disappointment. There's always exceptions but Louisville is taking a big risk in hiring Kenny Payne.

Wouldn't make sense. Georgia is not a destination job, neither is LSU. Not for an established winning coach like Drew.

Scott Drew is most likely using his interest to garner a bigger contract from Baylor, just like Bruce Pearl did with Auburn.

I think UofL has to show they considered hiring some top level coaches before handing the job over to a first time head coach in KP. If a Scott Drew surprises UofL and has serious interest, then he would be preferable.

But most likely UofL will have to hire KP when the big names for whatever reason can't or won't come here. UofL will then be able to say they tried to hire a big name and didn't just hire KP for being a alumnist.

The track record of former players become great head coaches is not good. Danny Manning, Chris Mullen, Johnny Dawkins, Patrick Ewing, Steve Alford and so far Penny Hardaway has been a disappointment. There's always exceptions but Louisville is taking a big risk in hiring Kenny Payne.

I think it’s tough to find any specific trait or training ground that says who will be successful. If I look at the projected top 8 seeded teams in the tourney, probably the biggest common denominator is that 6 or the 8 have been with their programs for a long time. Pearl, Cal and Self are the only ones that had high major experience at other schools before their current destination.

That makes zero sense on literally every level.
It popped up on my phone that he was in discussions with Georgia. He could be forcing his employer to give him a big raise. They would outbid anyone trying to hire him anyway imo.

It popped up on my phone that he was in discussions with Georgia. He could be forcing his employer to give him a big raise. They would outbid anyone trying to hire him anyway imo.
Ga. Is reportedly hiring UF coach White.. I do think Drew will be coaching somewhere other than Baylor next year. I hope it’s Louisville. The Big 12 is a conference on life support.
Louisville vs. Wacko Tx…..Louisville
Yum Ctr. Vs whatever Baylor plans to build……Yum Ctr.
3 National titles vs. 1 National title…….3 National titles
Louisville, Derby. Wacko, rodeo
Louisville, ACC. Baylor, Dying Big 12…..10……8….
Louisville, basketball school. Baylor, football school

Reactions: Mayoman
Bozich clowned. UGA hires a guy immediately and it ain't Kenny. They probably had an agreement with Mike White in place weeks ago. Nice source😂😂😂😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT