ADVERTISEMENT

Keep your heads up....

IMO you finish the year at 8-4. Tough start to the year with 3 games you could have won. You are a MUCH MUCH better team than your record shows.

How we finish will really depend on the team leadership. Unfortunately my concern is that we are so young on offense, so they could be easily discouraged and then on defense we have this patchwork group of transfers and jucos who may not be team first guys.

Auburn , Clemson we played with them but they are on another level of recruiting than us maybe we will get their. So losing to them is not biggie. they were both favored anyway. Now the Houston loss is a total other story, shpould not have lossed that one but we did.. Going into the season i expeted record to be anywhere from 10-2,9-3,8-4,7-5 .

Clemson's fans, players and coaches are as classy a bunch as I can ever remember visiting here.

Glowing reports from many Tiger fans on their experiences at the game last night and on how great the Louisville fans were. Louisville is a great city to visit and everyone enjoyed the many things to do and see. Looking forward to a great rivalry with another classy group of fans. Welcome again to the ACC. That was the best trade ever, losing Maryland for Louisville. Good luck with the rest of the reason. You have a much better team than your record so far

Met a number of great Clemson fans last nite. All of them looked like they were having a good time.

And we sent them packing with a win!

Life as a Tiger must be damn good right now... :D

Met a number of great Clemson fans last nite. All of them looked like they were having a good time.

And we sent them packing with a win!

Life as a Tiger must be damn good right now... :D

I as well Zippo! We are establishing a good rivalry with Clemson and fans!

IMO you finish the year at 8-4. Tough start to the year with 3 games you could have won. You are a MUCH MUCH better team than your record shows.
Thanks Clem.Unlike the uninspiring performance I watched against Houston,I came away from this one feeling totally different about the effort and the will to compete by the Cardinals.

There's no shame in coming up short on the scoreboard when you lay it all on the line.

Nice glowing article about a writer's Louisville experience. Great job extending a warm welcome to the Clemson faithful on their first visit to The Ville.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2...louisville-fans-welcoming-road-trip-cardinals

Welcoming Cardinals Fans Make Louisville a Must Do Road Trip

A year ago, many Louisville fans made the trip down to Clemson, SC and were blown away by how we do things. The tailgate scene, the pageantry, and the hospitality were enough to merit glowing articles about their trip to the Upstate.

This past week I made the long trek from Atlanta, through Chattanooga, to Nashville, and eventually Louisville, KY for the Tigers' Thursday night ESPN game against the Cards. It was immediately apparen that the Cardinal faithful wanted Tiger fans visting "the Ville" to have a similar experience.

Upon arriving in Louisville, I met up fellow STS writer, Mark Gordon (who drove in from Philadelphia), at Churchill Downs. We took a recommendation and went to El Taco Luchador near dowtown Louisville in a neighborhood called the Highlands.

We had the tacos and were impressed by the food, but even more impressed by the Louisville fans welcoming us to town. Our first encounter with a Louisville fan came while waiting in line. Noticing that we were orange clad, a woman asked us where we came from and told us everything you could know about Louisville and the surrounding area. When getting a coke, a man welcomed us and wished us a good time. While waiting for the food to come another local came by to welcome us, compliment our restaurant selection, and give us a little background on the area where we were eating.

We headed back to Churchill Downs and tailgated for a bit before someone working at the venue picked us up in a golf cart and drove us to the gate. Tickets to watch the races were only $3. Folks inside were utterly blown away by all the orange in the stands and the locals there were especially grateful we had filled their iconic race track.

Finally, we headed to the game and sat next to a handful of great Louisville fans who recounted all the great stories they heard about their friends' visits to Clemson the year before. We were by a particularly belligerent Clemson fan, but the Card fans nearby were about as accommodating as possible.

After a nice chat about football, business, and life with a friendly UL couple, Clemson's defense pulled out the win for the Tigers, but even after a painful loss that dropped them to 0-3 they were still hoping we had a great visit.

I spent the remainder of my long weekend in Nashville, visiting Honky Tonks and watching FSU on Friday and then playing an Escape Game and watching Vandy on Saturday. Next time, I may have to stay in Louisville longer (though Nashville is outstanding and on the way from Atlanta), but overall this is a road trip I can't recommend enough. Thank you to all the Louisville fans who went the extra mile to make a great impression. Mission accomplished. We're thrilled to have you in our conference and wish you nothing but health and luck the remainder of the season.

Reactions: zipp and Umlusa
Clemson's fans, players and coaches are as classy a bunch as I can ever remember visiting here.
Thanks for the kind words, and back at you. I have never been treated with more class in over 50 years of following my Tigers than I was in Louisville..........both on campus and throughout the city. Cards fans who I met in Clemson last year were over the top as well! I think we've both proven that good hard competition can be had with mutual respect and class. Hope to see a large contingent of Cards in Clemson in 2016! And I hope you win out this year. Go Cards!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT