ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Harvey-Clemons plans to return

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Per a source:

The Cardinal football program is waiting to see if several defensive players will head to the next level or return for another college season. One of those players Josh Harvey-Clemons has apparently made that decision today according to his grandfather. Harvey-Clemons grandfather told the Courier Journal that he will return for his senior season.

This is great news! Harvey-Clemons had 88 tackles, 2 Tackles for loss, 1 sack and 3 interceptions during his junior season. He had 8 tackles and 1 interception in Louisville's Music City Bowl victory.

Now waiting on De'Angelo Brown, Devonte Fields and Keith Kelsey to make their decisions. I really hope they all come back for another run. Could be another special season. Go Cards!!!

Reactions: JohnCard28
Per a source:

The Cardinal football program is waiting to see if several defensive players will head to the next level or return for another college season. One of those players Josh Harvey-Clemons has apparently made that decision today according to his grandfather. Harvey-Clemons grandfather told the Courier Journal that he will return for his senior season.

This is great news! Harvey-Clemons had 88 tackles, 2 Tackles for loss, 1 sack and 3 interceptions during his junior season. He had 8 tackles and 1 interception in Louisville's Music City Bowl victory.

Now waiting on De'Angelo Brown, Devonte Fields and Keith Kelsey to make their decisions. I really hope they all come back for another run. Could be another special season. Go Cards!!!
1st piece to a huge year. IMO, Fields goes but Kelsey and Brown return. Next year is going to be huge. Good to see Josh is L1C4.

It's the right decision if true. He made a lot of poor decisions last year, and he needs to prove he can play smarter.

JMO

Reactions: pervisl
I think the Harvet-Clemons news is great news, there were games this year where he did not look good but towards the end and in the Bowl game he looked good. I think another year at UL will help him and help us.

Good for him! Immediately elevates him into fan favorite status for me...

Great news. JHC had his struggles but was really playing pretty well at the end of the year.

Another bright spot for us was the big game that Stacy Thomas had in place of the departing Burgess vs Texas A&M.

Reactions: Cue Card
I think the full article basically said JHC didn't get a sniff at being either a 1st or 2nd rounder. That probably has a lot to do with it.

I think the full article basically said JHC didn't get a sniff at being either a 1st or 2nd rounder. That probably has a lot to do with it.
That sounds right but a lot of times that's still not enough to keep some guys from making bad decisions. Gerod Holliman comes to mind.

Good for JHC and good for Louisville I think.

Kelsey back too

Yep ... Keith Kelsey returning is very big. Things are looking up.

DeAngelo Brown is still deciding, but he's back on campus, and starts classes tomorrow, so that's a good sign too.

Really hope we can hang onto Brown and Fields too. Keeping all 4 of these juniors for next year means HUGE things for the defense.

Kelsey back? Me happy!

That's huge news. That's game changer. I was looking through the schedule and with the core of our defense and a Heisman sleeper coming back at QB after introducing himself to the world, we should be favored in all but maybe two games. Clemson and FSU. I truly think we can steal one of those wins which would give us an 11-1 record. The question is, is that enough to get us in the ACC championship game and it should be. Then would the committee take a 1 loss ACC team. I don't know the answer to that but at least we are in the conversation. This is big news boys Get ready for what we've been waiting for since Bobby came back. Man, I wish September was already here. I can't wait.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Those young men need to think long and hard about this move. I'm sure many of the 11 that left early last year are wishing they had done one more year at Louisville. They all see $$$$ signs and I completely get their situations. They just don't realize the odds of them making it on the NFL rooster, is so low. A degree is worth something.

Those young men need to think long and hard about this move. I'm sure many of the 11 that left early last year are wishing they had done one more year at Louisville. They all see $$$$ signs and I completely get their situations. They just don't realize the odds of them making it on the NFL rooster, is so low. A degree is worth something.
Gotta disagree especially with Gaines...he already had his degree and he ended up even starting....football is a brutal game and after Michael Bush injury and even last year with Todd Gurley injury can't blame them if they get a good enough grade from the NFL

When do you all think that Fields will announce if he's coming back or not? I know that Wiggins announced he'll be back.

I think what gets overlook is the fact that not everyone is cut out for college and some can't handle the daily regiment of balancing class work and practice.
True. However, the NFL is no cakewalk. They do at least as much class work and film study in the NFL as in college, plus the conditioning, practice reps, etc. it's one reason why so many very talented players can't cut it in the league. If they can't handle the work load in college it doesn't get any easier.

True. However, the NFL is no cakewalk. They do at least as much class work and film study in the NFL as in college, plus the conditioning, practice reps, etc. it's one reason why so many very talented players can't cut it in the league. If they can't handle the work load in college it doesn't get any easier.
Yup...it gets even harder...you pretty much live at the facility...if not NFL means Not For Long

D. Fields has made a decision about if he'll come back next season @ UL on Twitter...........he announces that he's coming back!!!

Our defense very well could be scary good with people returning and the new recruits.

Reactions: Cue Card
Those young men made the best decision. NFL will be there next year. Spend your time impressing them every time you take the field for UL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT