ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Nwora

Deeva

2000+
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Would anyone happen to know the status on Jordan Nwora.

Good question. I've heard there have been or currently are players on the team who either haven't bought into Padgett's style and/or already know their future plans, which, perhaps is transferring. Not saying that's Nwora, but there's proof in the minutes played.

Reactions: Deeva
Something is going on with him and Thomas IMO. Both are very capable yet neither are playing much if at all. Got to think both will end up leaving at the end of the season if not before. Hope not, but that is how it feels.

More than likely everyone is leaving at the end of the year.

Sutton may stay since he's from here and has already transferred once.

More than likely everyone is leaving at the end of the year.

Sutton may stay since he's from here and has already transferred once.

I wouldn’t say it’s “more than likely”. They’d all have to sit a year since there will be no NCAA ruling for quite some time on the FBI mess. And there will be plenty of playing time for the young guys next year with Q and Anas graduating, and most likely Deng and possibly VJ and/or Ray going pro.

I wouldn’t say it’s “more than likely”. They’d all have to sit a year since there will be no NCAA ruling for quite some time on the FBI mess. And there will be plenty of playing time for the young guys next year with Q and Anas graduating, and most likely Deng and possibly VJ and/or Ray going pro.

You may be right, and I hope you are.

Would anyone happen to know the status on Jordan Nwora.
This is typical of any team going into conference play. The rotation becomes smaller. Right now Nwora is odd man out. Sutton although not bringing offensively is showing he can defend and rebound. Thomas is raw and we knew he wasn’t going to get much playing time but he has contributed. As the other poster said, we will lose Mahmoud, Snider, probably Adel, maybe Spaulding. Lot of opportunities available. Too early to think about who’s leaving, let’s enjoy this season.

It is common for teams to play younger players early in the season but tighten the rotation in league play.

Would not be surprised if Nwora helped this team again at some point in the season but when you have Adel putting it all together he's deserving of 35 min or more.

Whose minutes should Nwora get?

Exactly. I remember last year people were saying King look disinterested on the bench. The thing is, no one can name a player that Nwora should be playing over. He hasnt played good defense all year and sometimes likes to take contested shots. He’s a freshman. Freshman mistakes. Same with Thomas. Both aren’t ready for ACC play yet. Clearly Williams is. Perry only plays because he’s a really good defender.

The guy scored in double digits in a few games and his defense certainly isn’t any worse than some of the other guys.

McMahon actually took Nwora’s role as a zone buster. When he got heathy Nwora’s minutes dropped. I have been watching him closely, his body language tells me he’s history. Hope I’m wrong, he can help us next year.

I loved watching him play. I think I heard on 790 DP said Nwora wasn’t playing because the guys playing his position are playing so well. My hope is that all the young men love playing together and stay at U of L. That may be a pipe dream but, I hope not! Seems like a great group of young men!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT