ADVERTISEMENT

Jayden Quaintance To Arizona State

This is a slippery slope for a coach. At this moment he would clearly start but guaranteed start usually means guaranteeing others things like touches and shots. I said it in another post a team full of veterans that want to win aren’t playing that game. Other agents and players pay attention to this stuff. Him going to ASU helps.

He is a really good prospect but it really can’t be just about his development.

Now they have a PF spot wide open. I would be money they are going to land someone pretty good in that spot and they will probably fit better.

This is a slippery slope for a coach. At this moment he would clearly start but guaranteed start usually means guaranteeing others things like touches and shots. I said it in another post a team full of veterans that want to win aren’t playing that game. Other agents and players pay attention to this stuff. Him going to ASU helps.

He is a really good prospect but it really can’t be just about his development.

Now they have a PF spot wide open. I would be money they are going to land someone pretty good in that spot and they will probably fit better.
Well said. Guaranteed PT and touches is not conducive to building a TEAM. Let's get that done and the rest will take care of itself.

you earn your spot by how your practice, not by what you are paid. would have liked to see him come here but good luck to him. he's only 16 so who came blame him for any decision he makes

Here is the other thing what young big man has really impacted the game? The last your big that really changed the game was Anthony Davis. On top of that he is only 16. To make those kind of promises is a tough ask.

Bigs take more time that is just how it is. That doesn’t mean he isn’t a take but not with guarantees.

And possibly at a nice discount versus the $2M; that's just crazy money for a 16 year old.
I don't see what age has to do with it. Mccauley Culkin made millions before he was 16. These kids are entertainers.

My guess is we'll look back in 10 years and $2M will seem like a bargain like Anthony Davis $200K seems like a bargain today.

Been fairly quiet on the Aussie front. Isn't there a staff member with Aussie contacts?
Well....anybody?

Reactions: 2330859
Not sure I believe that playing time was ever a negotiating point for Q; there is a reason that several schools were prepared to pay between $1.5 and $2M for 1 year of services. ASU and Q are the only reliable sources as to what was required to obtain his commitment.

Jaden Smith a frosh 6'11" center decommits from AZ St the same day as Quaintance commits. Not sure if this kid is worth a look or not.

Reactions: glassmanJ
Here is the other thing what young big man has really impacted the game? The last your big that really changed the game was Anthony Davis. On top of that he is only 16. To make those kind of promises is a tough ask.

Bigs take more time that is just how it is. That doesn’t mean he isn’t a take but not with guarantees.
I think Zion Williamson at Duke would be a better example.

I don't see what age has to do with it. Mccauley Culkin made millions before he was 16. These kids are entertainers.

My guess is we'll look back in 10 years and $2M will seem like a bargain like Anthony Davis $200K seems like a bargain today.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. It's not a kid getting paid that kind of money that bothers me (if the market dictates $2.0M, then so be it). I'm looking at it from the NIL collective's POV of risk/reward. He's pretty early in his development. In my opinion using a large % of the NIL bucket of gold on a kid who today is 16 seems very risky at the expensive of having that money for other (and multiple) recruits. Make sense?

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT