ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkc1234

Getting the Hang of It
Apr 12, 2007
Murray was outstanding last night in the Pan Am games. He scored 22 points and had several assists all in the fourth quarter and overtime in leading Canada to a win over USA. Kentucky is going to have an outstanding backcourt with Murray, Ulis and Briscoe.

Oh, yes, I really do and so do the Harrisons and WCS. Few players actually improve under him and many regress. He teaches nothing. Who has gotten better under him? No one. The guys who went to the NBA were already great. He cannot take that credit. How that guy does not have 3-4 national championships with the Cayuts is a total mystery. He does less with more than anyone since Guy Lewis and it is hilarious to watch you jackasses cry every April.

Oh, yes, I really do and so do the Harrisons and WCS. Few players actually improve under him and many regress. He teaches nothing. Who has gotten better under him? No one. The guys who went to the NBA were already great. He cannot take that credit. How that guy does not have 3-4 national championships with the Cayuts is a total mystery. He does less with more than anyone since Guy Lewis and it is hilarious to watch you jackasses cry every April.

WCS? The guy wasn't even projected to get drafted when he came to Kentucky and left as a mid-lottery pick, now is a multi-millionaire. If you didn't notice improvement with KAT when he left last year, then you left the blinders on. The kid was soft in the paint last year, and by season's end, he was a dominant post player. The worst thing to happen to the Harrison twins was their inconsistency and lack of athleticism. That said though, both have signed contracts and are in the NBA. I can't remember ever seeing a mock draft that had them in the lottery though, because their athleticism and stats never matched something that a lottery pick should produce.
Let's wait for Rick to have somebody stick in the NBA, or even have a lucrative career, before we start bashing Cal's ability to get players drafted high.

Also, don't ignore the fact that Duke and Kansas has been doing this for just as long as UK has. Kansas has 0 titles in that time, and Duke just got their 2nd. You seem to think it's simple to get a title, which surprises me because it took 11 years for Rick to simply get to the Final Four after starting at Louisville.

Reactions: blubo
because it took 11 years for Rick to simply get to the Final Four after starting at Louisville.

Wrong. Rick took UofL to the 2005 Final Four- 4 years after starting at UofL. Not 11. Get your facts straight.

Last edited:
....and why are we posting about the success of a sUcK recruit over here on the UL site, I don't give a c*&p aboutthem.
I second this.

Why the F does some clown feel the need to come over here and tell us about the success of a UK recruit?

Before he says something, the only reason I clicked on the link was to post what, it turned out, Kozmas already posted

Reactions: beasleythecard

SMDH

Last edited by a moderator:
Well another ready made lottery pick for Calimari he truly has the gift of gab down. Just makes his recruiting(selecting) the best players that much easier. These NBA ready made kids care less about a championship especially the ones that know they will be selected. Why Cal is preaching NBA to the High schoolers he knows that. Call it what it is the man is a hell of a snake oil salesman.

Murray was outstanding last night in the Pan Am games. He scored 22 points and had several assists all in the fourth quarter and overtime in leading Canada to a win over USA. Kentucky is going to have an outstanding backcourt with Murray, Ulis and Briscoe.
Canada loses basketball gold-medal game to Brazil
Jamal Murray and Brady Heslip, two of Canada's top shooters, went 0-for-11 in the first 20 minutes. Starting point guard Junior Cadougan was 0-for-4. Brazil, meanwhile, shot 62 per cent (19 of 31).

WCS? The guy wasn't even projected to get drafted when he came to Kentucky and left as a mid-lottery pick, now is a multi-millionaire. If you didn't notice improvement with KAT when he left last year, then you left the blinders on. The kid was soft in the paint last year, and by season's end, he was a dominant post player. The worst thing to happen to the Harrison twins was their inconsistency and lack of athleticism. That said though, both have signed contracts and are in the NBA. I can't remember ever seeing a mock draft that had them in the lottery though, because their athleticism and stats never matched something that a lottery pick should produce.
Let's wait for Rick to have somebody stick in the NBA, or even have a lucrative career, before we start bashing Cal's ability to get players drafted high.

Also, don't ignore the fact that Duke and Kansas has been doing this for just as long as UK has. Kansas has 0 titles in that time, and Duke just got their 2nd. You seem to think it's simple to get a title, which surprises me because it took 11 years for Rick to simply get to the Final Four after starting at Louisville.

KAT was a beast when he came to UK and will be a great pro. Toughness in the paint may be his only improvement last year and IMO he could have gotten it anywhere. It comes with experiencing higher level competition and maturity.

That 2nd NC for Duke has to be a real a$$burner for you. OTOH they have a coach.

KAT was a beast when he came to UK and will be a great pro. Toughness in the paint may be his only improvement last year and IMO he could have gotten it anywhere. It comes with experiencing higher level competition and maturity.

That 2nd NC for Duke has to be a real a$$burner for you. OTOH they have a coach.

Just as long as UK goes farther than Louisville in the NCAA tourney then I am happy. I am even happier when UK beats Louisville during the season and also goes farther than CRP and Louisville in the tourney. I have been a very happy person the last few years.

I am happy that we've won the last championship out of the two schools. I'm also happy that UK went to the NIT the season we won it all. 68 teams make the dance now days, you really have to screw the pooch not to make it especially when that team had two lottery picks.

Just as long as UK goes farther than Louisville in the NCAA tourney then I am happy. I am even happier when UK beats Louisville during the season and also goes farther than CRP and Louisville in the tourney. I have been a very happy person the last few years.

Well, good for you. There are several message board full of people who think just like you do and would care very much about your thoughts. Unfortunately for you, this board is not one of them.

Wisconsin with 2 NBA players beat UofK with 9 NBA players. So no matter how much money Nike funnels to AAU coaches and pleyers families at some point ole slick talking Cal needs to formulate plays and schemes.

Also yo the UofK peeping toms smoke this one.... As great as Davis is / was. Without darius Miller Cal would be sitting on 0 championships..
That dog just wont hunt... (cant coach a lick) that dribble drive is garbage.

So que your personal attacks and all that.... Yhis argument is over..

Reactions: J-Rye_UL and earsky
....and why are we posting about the success of a sUcK recruit over here on the UL site, I don't give a c*&p aboutthem.

Exactly, only UaK posters go to other boards to post about their own players and recruits. The dumbest fanbase on the face of this earth and it is not even close.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who cares?How old are you....10?

Canada loses basketball gold-medal game to Brazil

Jamal Murray and Brady Heslip, two of Canada's top shooters, went 0-for-11 in the first 20 minutes.

Only uk blue hole posters go to other boards to post about their own players and recruits. The dumbest fanbase on the face of this earth and it is not even close. Total insecure bunch of blue holes.

Poythress, Lee, and the Twins will testify that it ain't a sure thing. And Wiltjer will chime in that sometimes you need to go to Plan B.

One thing the LPT kids find out is that competition matters. Murray found out against Brazil just like LPT found out in the Final Four. You play a hot garbage schedule overall, you get a hyper-inflated image of yourself and start thinking "40-0".

"Elite program", my a$$...

"Few players actually improve under him and many regress. He teaches nothing. Who has gotten better under him? No one."

Harrelson
Liggins
Bledsoe (nobody had him projected to be drafted until season's end.)

....just to name a few.

Wisconsin with 2 NBA players beat UofK with 9 NBA players. So no matter how much money Nike funnels to AAU coaches and pleyers families at some point ole slick talking Cal needs to formulate plays and schemes.

Also yo the UofK peeping toms smoke this one.... As great as Davis is / was. Without darius Miller Cal would be sitting on 0 championships..
That dog just wont hunt... (cant coach a lick) that dribble drive is garbage.

So que your personal attacks and all that.... Yhis argument is over..

So what you really said was Darius Miller improved so much with Cal that he cemented the title for the Cats.

Funny that two of the guys mentioned by the courier were recruited by Billy Clyde. While there are so many Pitino Lite recruits...

Daniel Orton – Idaho Stampede NBA D-League

Darnell Dodson – Who knows?

Jon Hood – Maybe in Italy?

Doron Lamb – Westchester Knicks NBA D-League

Stacey Poole – Transferred into the abyss

Eloy Vargas – Metros de Santiago (Dominican Rep.)

Marquis Teague – Made it but bombing out

Kyle Wiltjer – Got out while he could

Archie Goodwin – Logging half the PT he did last year with the Suns

Alex Poythress – Tee hee hee

Lee and the Twins – Tee hee hee hee hee

Willis and Hawkins – Lost KY kids

James Young – Maine Red Claws NBA D-League

What a Hall of Fame!

"Elite program:, my a$$...

(blubo nutsucker has my OK to "like" this.)

Reactions: pervisl
Daniel Orton – Idaho Stampede NBA D-League...noody expected the 6th man from this team to go to the draft but he did....turned out to be a mistake on his part.

Darnell Dodson – Who knows?.... not an NBA calibur player. No suprise you'd try to pin that on Cal. The kid couldn't even follow curfew rules.

Jon Hood – Maybe in Italy?....another classic reach by you. He was an in-state guy that was never a five star talent.

Doron Lamb – Westchester Knicks NBA D-League....work ethic. At which point does this become the player's responsibility, Zipp?

Stacey Poole – Transferred into the abyss....4 star kid, couldn't really compete for PT.

....th fact that this kid is getting paid to play ball is a credit to Cal, if anything.

Marquis Teague – Made it but bombing out.....I see your Marquis Teague and raise you a Reece Gaines.

Kyle Wiltjer – Got out while he could.....to a place where he could start. Again, not Cal's fault.

Archie Goodwin – Logging half the PT he did last year with the Suns.....and yet he's still there.

Alex Poythress – Tee hee hee ? The ACL injury is also Cal's fault?

Lee and the Twins – Tee hee hee hee hee....Twins....both in the NBA. Nobody said Lee was a OAD.

Willis and Hawkins – Lost KY kids......That would both apparently play at UK in whatever role they can rather than uofl.

James Young – Maine Red Claws NBA D-League...developmental year is over, Zipp. Check out opening night in thcoming NBA season.

Daniel Orton – Idaho Stampede NBA D-League...noody expected the 6th man from this team to go to the draft but he did....turned out to be a mistake on his part.

Darnell Dodson – Who knows?.... not an NBA calibur player. No suprise you'd try to pin that on Cal. The kid couldn't even follow curfew rules.

Jon Hood – Maybe in Italy?....another classic reach by you. He was an in-state guy that was never a five star talent.

Doron Lamb – Westchester Knicks NBA D-League....work ethic. At which point does this become the player's responsibility, Zipp?

Stacey Poole – Transferred into the abyss....4 star kid, couldn't really compete for PT.

....th fact that this kid is getting paid to play ball is a credit to Cal, if anything.

Marquis Teague – Made it but bombing out.....I see your Marquis Teague and raise you a Reece Gaines.

Kyle Wiltjer – Got out while he could.....to a place where he could start. Again, not Cal's fault.

Archie Goodwin – Logging half the PT he did last year with the Suns.....and yet he's still there.

Alex Poythress – Tee hee hee ? The ACL injury is also Cal's fault?

Lee and the Twins – Tee hee hee hee hee....Twins....both in the NBA. Nobody said Lee was a OAD.

Willis and Hawkins – Lost KY kids......That would both apparently play at UK in whatever role they can rather than uofl.

James Young – Maine Red Claws NBA D-League...developmental year is over, Zipp. Check out opening night in thcoming NBA season.

Hey Dips**t for 3, Pitino never barked through a megaphone for anyone and everyone to hear, as opposed to Calipari, that he "gets people to the league like no one else." Pitino makes you the best basketball player you can be, wins a ton of games against the most challenging of schedules, advances in the tourney, and prepares you for life beyond playing basketball (e.g., requires progress toward a degree/class attendance, molds many into future coaches, etc). Calipari has never done ANYTHING as impressive as Pitino, taking a 2 star unrecruited, undersized, "volume shooter" and helping to transform him into a young man who this week signed a 3 year guaranteed contract.

I look at that list above and I see at least six potential Russ Smiths, and none of them are playing professional basketball except Vargas who might end up getting shot in a Dominican gangland massacre.

"Calipari has never done ANYTHING as impressive as Pitino".....that's funny.

He pastes him regularly on the recruiting trail.

He's 7-1 against him since coming to UK.

He's been to 4 of the last 5 Final Fours, with a National Title.

He actually won some games coaching a foreign team.

NONE of that is as impressive as developing an unrecruited, undersized 2-star basketball player no one had ever heard of, into an NBA point guard. Especially when your hero's "accomplishments" are 90+ percent a result of having amassed a great deal more 5-star talent than his competition (and we could start yet another thread on how it is that he has been able to amass that talent...www, $, etc).

Reactions: pervisl
Cal doesn't recruit 2-star players because he doesn't have to. Therein lies the difference.

....and if you're going to throw allegations at Cal for his recruiting success, please back them up with facts. The NCAA would even be interested if you can provide any.

Reactions: PatWall and blubo
....and if you're going to throw allegations at Cal for his recruiting success, please back them up with facts. The NCAA would even be interested if you can provide any.[/QUOTE]

Not interested. Don't care. You know, I know. You're like a Patriots' fan, rationalizing away cheating because you hold the trophy. Fine. And I know you have no trouble sleeping at night (like Cal). That's just the kind of person you (and he) are.

I know that when my team achieves, be that the title a couple of years ago or an elite 8 last year, it's because our players worked harder, played smarter, and earned it. And the icing on the cake is that they all have degrees.

Cal getting UK to the final four (and then failing miserably four out of five times despite having superior talent) is about the same level of accomplishment as the Charlotte Hornets getting to a final four against college teams. No one would be surprised. The surprising part is when the Hornets lose to a UConn team pasted by 30 points in their last loss (to UofL), or to Wisconsin with one NBA player on the roster, or to WVU with NO NBA players on the roster.

Tons of holes in what you've just posted.

"Not interested. Don't care. You know, I know. You're like a Patriots' fan, rationalizing away cheating because you hold the trophy. Fine. And I know you have no trouble sleeping at night (like Cal). That's just the kind of person you (and he) are."

....it's been SIX freakin' years. If the worst thing to happen is UK having to send a cease and desist letter to Drake, then I apparently don't have anything to worry about on the recruiting front.

"I know that when my team achieves, be that the title a couple of years ago or an elite 8 last year, it's because our players worked harder, played smarter, and earned it."

...so when UK ousted uofl from the tournament in 2012 en route to a National Title, they didn't 'earn' it? Your 'harder working', 'smarter' team was in their way, after all. (Question... was it 'smart' to do some weird shimmy at the free throw line in that game?)

The academic success of Cal's teams is only being questioned by people like you who apparently don't look at the APR scores (the Wildcats’ scholarship players posted a 3.11 GPA for the second consecutive semester in the 2014 fall semester. It marked the seventh time in the last eight semesters Coach Cal’s team earned a 3.0 or better), or realize that people like Patterson, Polson and Poythress all graduated...in just 3 years. A number of players who were able to leave after 1 year have also returned to finish working toward their degrees. (Brandon Knight, for example. Karl Towns is also continuing that work as well.)

As far as your last statement goes, sure, UK should probably have 2 , maybe 3 titles since Cal has been at UK. BUT.... one of the biggest hurdles is getting there to have a shot at the title isn't it? ...and he's accomplished that in 4 of the last 5 years. With that kind of regularity, I like our chances at hanging a few more banners.

Reactions: PatWall and blubo
Not much of an accomplishment when you have all the burger boys. If he can't win one last year you may be waiting a LONG time to hang that next banner.

And no matter how smart and hard-working a team is (that 2014 UofL team had some glaring weaknesses), talent is usually going to trump intelligence and effort, unless Calipari is on the other sideline and your name is Calhoun, Huggins, Ryan or Ollie.

That's exactly the point... Pitino Lite is supposedly the ultimate player's coach, the kids come first, NBA draft nite is first priority, all of that bull$hit. So, where these kids end up is EXACTLY the prism to look through to judge him.

And that above list I posted that the courier is rationalizing? That's 16 of the 28 players (57%)--the majority--that Pitino Lite has recruited at LPT. And of those 16, TEN were 5-star, FOUR were 4-star, and only TWO were 3-star outta high school. IOW, pretty strong talent to have flamed out at LPT the way it has.

That also includes 5-star, "nobody said was a OAD", Marcus Lee.

One title too. And a "pretty good run". :) ...Nobody does less with more talent.

"Elite program", my a$$...

The things you guys try to pin on Cal are hilarious..... Those 2 seasons ended by a guy that by your logic 'can't coach', have really clouded your judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT