ADVERTISEMENT

It's hard to fathom how little fans know...

It's hard to fathom why some people think our current problems are not 100% the prior regime's fault.

Reactions: wilkie01
It's hard to fathom why some people think our current problems are not 100% the prior regime's fault.

Hm, not sure if serious, since I'm not familiar with you, but, I'll play along. If this were year 1, or two, or three, or perhaps even year 4, you might have a case. This is year 5. It's all Bobby.

Hm, not sure if serious, since I'm not familiar with you, but, I'll play along. If this were year 1, or two, or three, or perhaps even year 4, you might have a case. This is year 5. It's all Bobby.

And he is failing to attract quality staff and players! We have to go in another direction than Bobby has taken us!

...about a fix to a problem, athletics related anyway.
  • "Anyone's better than Grantham."
  • "We need to get Mike Summers back to fix our O-line."
  • "Anyone's better than Peter Sirmon."
  • "Can't wait to get back to playing 'Bobby Ball'."
Someone please remind me of these recent examples--just in football--when I start discussing solutions to our problems on the field or court. It's so much wasted effort...[/
...about a fix to a problem, athletics related anyway.
  • "Anyone's better than Grantham."
  • "We need to get Mike Summers back to fix our O-line."
  • "Anyone's better than Peter Sirmon."
  • "Can't wait to get back to playing 'Bobby Ball'."
Someone please remind me of these recent examples--just in football--when I start discussing solutions to our problems on the field or court. It's so much wasted effort...
It is also a wasted effort to read your post.

The topic isn't about "solutions". It's about recognizing who else doesn't have any. Understand the difference?...
I understand the difference. I don’t understand why that is important or even interesting. This fan base has taken one gut punch after another the last 3 years. You greet every sliver of positive news with snide dismissal. Your every post is constant negativity. There is absolutely no value in this. One need not be a “sunshine pumper” to use facts and analytical skill to argue for a way forward for the athletic department and the university as a whole. The gloom will not dissipate without positive deliberate, action.

I understand the difference. I don’t understand why that is important or even interesting. This fan base has taken one gut punch after another the last 3 years. You greet every sliver of positive news with snide dismissal. Your every post is constant negativity. There is absolutely no value in this. One need not be a “sunshine pumper” to use facts and analytical skill to argue for a way forward for the athletic department and the university as a whole. The gloom will not dissipate without positive deliberate, action.

There is no point of arguing with Zipp. He has different wants than you. He wants the new regime to fail above all else.

Who hired Bobby after he left us for dead once before? Who gave him the ridiculous contract extension that we are now stuck with? o_O

I will give you TJ and BP documented accomplishments.

But you got nothing for RP except making us the first school to vacate a title and possibly worse.
Your school agreed to 'vacate a title', or more precisely, the people now in charge.

As far as most fans are concerned, Pitino won a championship and went to three F4s during his U of L tenure...

That's simply the way you look at things which is unfortunate. And exaggerations and superlatives seldom gain you credibility because they're seldom true--in anything.
There is no point of arguing with Zipp. He has different wants than you. He wants the new regime to fail above all else.
Ditto what I just said...

Who hired Bobby after he left us for dead once before? Who gave him the ridiculous contract extension that we are now stuck with? o_O
You don't know much about the contract or how to analyze it...

I'll tell you 14 million things I do know about it.

Give it up, your shtick grew old a long time ago.

I'll tell you 14 million things I do know about it.

Give it up, your shtick grew old a long time ago.
You have no idea how that number compares to any other contract. You just don't like it or the guys involved with it.

Educate yourself and become a better poster...

Your school agreed to 'vacate a title', or more precisely, the people now in charge.

As far as most fans are concerned, Pitino won a championship and went to three F4s during his U of L tenure...

Of all the bizarre stuff you post, you trying to pin the vacating of the title on the “new regime” might be the most entertaining. I know, I know...you are convinced TJ would’ve fought this to the death (even after taking all of Smrt’s wonderful ideas which put UofL in a terrible defensive position). Nonetheless carry on...it is fun to see you try and revise history.

Reactions: STLNBSE
This on line debate started about Grantham and his “contributions” to the longevity and health of the UofL football program. It is undeniable that he is a good defensive coordinator but at what cost. With all due respect to my fellow posters I have to reiterate that he was “poison” in our locker room. He questioned Bobby’s offense with our players and then he tried to throw Bobby under the bus with the weakyleaks play book deal. HIs recruiting here was abysmal and you can see that with the current issues with experience on the defensive side of the ball. It is true that the head coach is where the buck stops and that’s as it should be and as irritated as I am with Bobby’s errors this season he did the right thing by sending Todd Grantham packing. It’s obvious that the replacement guy, Sirmon, was a bad choice. Grantham’s defense in the Houston and uahkay games was nothing short of horrible. WTH that defense allowed a terrible cayut offense more than 40 points. Of course LJ’s fumble didn’t help but the cayut offense went about 85 yards for the winning score against Grantham’s defense. You just don’t allow that to happen against a team with that bad of an offense. Just saying that’s all.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

The staff attrition since his return has been a problem. He wanted his DC at Western to come with him. He stayed at Western. When you a really good and respected coach assistants follow you. He hires Grantham which ended up being a bad fit. You could argue Gratham was Bobby's worst hire long term. Then he follow that up with Sermon. Then he kept losing assistants on that side of then ball. Forcing him to dig out people he worked with at lower level jobs. Recruiting tanked because of the attrition on that side of the ball during this time.

Say what you want his inability to hire the right DC has cost him big time.

The greatest AD who ever graced Belknap, that’s who. The buyout will work itself out. The program isn’t going to plunder simply because UofL, to everyone’s belief, can’t afford to send Bobby packing. Regarding TJ taking care of his guy with the contract extension, that’s what good AD’s do, take care of their guy. They do so while also letting the coaching world know UofL is a great job.

Reactions: zipp
You have no idea how that number compares to any other contract. You just don't like it or the guys involved with it.

Educate yourself and become a better poster...
bucket

Of all the bizarre stuff you post, you trying to pin the vacating of the title on the “new regime” might be the most entertaining. I know, I know...you are convinced TJ would’ve fought this to the death (even after taking all of Smrt’s wonderful ideas which put UofL in a terrible defensive position). Nonetheless carry on...it is fun to see you try and revise history.
Jurich has already said he would have fought the NCAA result. Amusing how clown show apologists try to deny that.

It's also validation that you know what U of L should have done to save the banners. Otherwise, simply argue that wouldn't have been the right course of action. You can't do that...

The staff attrition since his return has been a problem. He wanted his DC at Western to come with him...
How do you know this?

It doesn't matter because Grantham was a couple steps up from Nick Holt IMO.
...Say what you want his inability to hire the right DC has cost him big time.
Old news. That was Petrino's issue after his first tenure...three DCs in four years.

How do you know this?

It doesn't matter because Grantham was a couple steps up from Nick Holt IMO.

Old news. That was Petrino's issue after his first tenure...three DCs in four years.
Holt didn’t come with him because Jurich told him that he’d already hired Grantham to be the DC.

Jurich has already said he would have fought the NCAA result. Amusing how clown show apologists try to deny that.

It's also validation that you know what U of L should have done to save the banners. Otherwise, simply argue that wouldn't have been the right course of action. You can't do that...

To rehash this again, he had a chance to fight. Instead he and the rest of decision makers decided to throw themselves at the mercy of the NCAA. Tough to mount a defense when you’ve already basically admitted to everything.

To rehash this again, he had a chance to fight. Instead he and the rest of decision makers decided to throw themselves at the mercy of the NCAA. Tough to mount a defense when you’ve already basically admitted to everything.
That wasn't Jurich's call, it was Ramsey's. And it was a big mistake as I and others said at the time. Ramsey let Smrt go beyond just the investigation. He was a beleaguered Prez who was fighting to look presidential.

That said, as big a foobar as that was, it didn't preclude U of L fighting the NCAA penalties. That would have ensued had Jurich been here. Instead, the clown show raced to take down the banners...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT