ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a bold move Cotton…

Satt isn’t as bad a coach as some here believe, but I really don’t see how the stretch zone base offense can work in the high-flying Big 12. They’ve become a “score the most points and damn the defense” sort of league.
Not so much anymore. The run the ball pretty well and have generally improved in defense

You‘re misrepresenting the truth.
You have hated Satterfield and now that he’s gone I say it again.
LET IT GO.
You got your wish.
MOVE ON
Lol - this is classic projection. I don’t hate Satterfield - I don’t hate anyone. I mean, how could you hate someone you don’t know?

Given that you don’t know him either, it’s fascinating that you are so invested in attempting to suppress someone else’s opinion on the matter. It’s almost as if you feel it somehow diminishes you.

Let me attempt to dissuade you from that. Satterfield being a bad fit here and a mediocre coach in general is not your fault.

It’s not your fault.

It’s not your fault. 😀

Last edited:
I wonder when the last time a school had their HC pilfered by another school and the fans of the pilfered school were this happy about it? It’s been a year of historic firsts!!!!

I've never been anti Satterfield. But if I was a Cincy fan, I'd question his hire too. His resume looked a lot better when it stopped at "Appy State."

But I don't wish bad luck on anyone. Hopefully, he's a good fit at Cincy and things work out well for everyone. I'm going to be following their football program now with a little more interest...
I like Satterfield but understood he lost a big part of the fan base. I think it is interesting he left for less money with the class he had coming in. I believe that validates he didn’t want to be here. It is a good move for him. He gets 6 years to probably be what he was here good not great.

Reactions: Cardsfan150
I like Satterfield but understood he lost a big part of the fan base. I think it is interesting he left for less money with the class he had coming in. I believe that validates he didn’t want to be here. It is a good move for him. He gets 6 years to probably be what he was here good not great.
Maybe he does well enough to stick for 6 years. I highly doubt he will...and the UCinn fans will not be as nice as Card fans have been to him. He will be sent packing sooner than later there.

Or a Carolina job some where will open up and he will run to that as that is where his heart is.

heird did not offer him an extension and thus job security, uc offered him 6 years. every single one of us would have taken the job security and changed schools. money talks bs walks

100% correct. It isn't hard to figure out at all. Heird signaled that Satterfield's time was limited and we can do better, and Satterfield got a pay raise and 6 more years on a new contract at a new place and the clock resets. The simplest/most common sense answer is the right one 80% or more of the time.

Satterfield is an average to slightly-above average coach at the P5 level. I don't know but I suspect the Fickell left the UC roster is pretty loaded for Satterfield so they'll have a pretty good year next year like he did here his first year with Petrino's recruits. Years 2 & 3 will tell the tale.

Reactions: BPGhost
100% correct. It isn't hard to figure out at all. Heird signaled that Satterfield's time was limited and we can do better, and Satterfield got a pay raise and 6 more years on a new contract at a new place and the clock resets. The simplest/most common sense answer is the right one 80% or more of the time.

Satterfield is an average to slightly-above average coach at the P5 level. I don't know but I suspect the Fickell left the UC roster is pretty loaded for Satterfield so they'll have a pretty good year next year like he did here his first year with Petrino's recruits. Years 2 & 3 will tell the tale.
He actually took a pay cut. 😬

Would you lose you obsessive hate filled Satterfield rants? He’s gone. Let it go. For goodness sake, you should be ecstatic. Some people live miserable lives. They are unhappy and can’t find joy even when things go their way.
You look petty continuing to attack him. No Coach will be accepted 100% but you obviously did not see his press conference. He received resounding applause at its conclusion.
The graphic saying “Brohm is Back” they put up 15 minutes before anyone took the podium got a bigger round of applause than uc fans gave SunBelt Scotty. Maybe you were too busy dropping off Scatterfield’s dry cleaning to notice though.

Lol - “resounding”.

My question is did Scott reach out to Cincy when Fickell left or did Cincy reach out to Scott? I have to believe it was Scott who made the contact.
That is what their agents do. Satt probably had no clue until his agent started the conversation with UC. I would speculate Satt’s agent had an existing relationship with the AD at UC.

Would you lose you obsessive hate filled Satterfield rants? He’s gone. Let it go. For goodness sake, you should be ecstatic. Some people live miserable lives. They are unhappy and can’t find joy even when things go their way.
You look petty continuing to attack him. No Coach will be accepted 100% but you obviously did not see his press conference. He received resounding applause at its conclusion.
So you're a Cinci fan now? I'm sure Sunbelt Scotty needs a lot of help right now. Let us know how the move went and what his next house looks like.

I hate losing.
If Brohm comes here and goes
25-24
Cant beat Clemson or SuCkS.
Cant win the ACC
Attendence craters.
Brings in sunbelt type recruits ( satterfield did the first 3 years)
Interview in secret for another job then youre damn right UofL fans will want Brohm gone.
Coaches are paid MILLIONS to win. Get errr done or git.
Amen, ladies and gentlemen that concludes todays service.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
So you're a Cinci fan now? I'm sure Sunbelt Scotty needs a lot of help right now. Let us know how the move went and what his next house looks like.
It sure seems as though - despite saying they’d support Brohm if he were the coach - a lot of Satterfield slurpers / Brohm haters have made themselves scarce in the last few days.

I guess they’re spending time on the uc board? 🤔

Reactions: nccardfan
It sure seems as though - despite saying they’d support Brohm if he were the coach - a lot of Satterfield slurpers / Brohm haters have made themselves scarce in the last few days.

I guess they’re spending time on the uc board? 🤔
Hopefully they listened for themselves straight from Jeff, his explanation of why he turned us down the first time, but I sincerely doubt it. Haters gonna hate..

Hopefully they listened for themselves straight from Jeff, his explanation of why he turned us down the first time, but I sincerely doubt it. Haters gonna hate..
It was and is weird - the irrational, reflexive need some of them felt to defend Satterfield against mostly legitimate criticism. I wonder if the multiple anecdotes - first person and otherwise - describing weasel-like behavior on his part has made them reconsider. In a similar vein, I wonder if those fans who vehemently campaigned against Brohm because he turned the job down before, have changed their minds.

With or without them - I think the stadium is going to be packed in a way we’ve not seen in quite a while. 😀

I came across to you as a CSS slurper (your words not mine) merely because I defended him simply because he was our current coach at the time. I made the point that I support UofL not any particular coach or AD per se....but the program. Name calling and denigrating someone is wasted energy and plays poorly for anyone who uses that as their go to diatribe in debate.

Honestly, I did not like that CJB turned down the job in 2018 simply because I thought he would have been the best fit back then and I wanted him back. Then CSS was hired for better or for worse for Cardinal FB fans. The rest is history and now water under the bridge...we can't go back in time or change that fact.

I watched CJB's Presser yesterday with an open mind with great anticipation...the Cards now have themselves a true Lou a villian and that makes me happy. He truly does and will bleed red. I firmly believe he will lead this program to the greatness that his mentor and coach CHS predicted for UofL all those years ago. I am fully onboard.

GO Cards! Beat the Bearcats!!!

I came across to you as a CSS slurper (your words not mine) merely because I defended him simply because he was our current coach at the time. I made the point that I support UofL not any particular coach or AD per se....but the program. Name calling and denigrating someone is wasted energy and plays poorly for anyone who uses that as their go to diatribe in debate.

Honestly, I did not like that CJB turned down the job in 2018 simply because I thought he would have been the best fit back then and I wanted him back. Then CSS was hired for better or for worse for Cardinal FB fans. The rest is history and now water under the bridge...we can't go back in time or change that fact.

I watched CJB's Presser yesterday with an open mind with great anticipation...the Cards now have themselves a true Lou a villian and that makes me happy. He truly does and will bleed red. I firmly believe he will lead this program to the greatness that his mentor and coach CHS predicted for UofL all those years ago. I am fully onboard.

Well said.

Reactions: Mayoman
And what faces Satterfield in Cincinnati is a seriously daunting task. For a program whose biggest Bowl victory in their history was a win over Vanderbilt in the Liberty Bowl, Satt gets to follow the incredible run that Luke Fickell had going 11-2, 11-2, 9-1 and 13-1 with a spot in the College Football Playoff. And now he also soon will be playing a Big 12 schedule vs an AAC schedule.

The honeymoon period in Cincy will last about as long as a plate of fatty pork chops in front of Mark Stoops.

Good luck.

Your stance may be different but Jeff Brohm explained why he turned out down the job... in 2018. I guess a lot of people didn't believe him then. We also know that CSS had entertained leaving for USC jr. Trust not solely what a person says (Deion Sanders, Charlie strong, etc.) but what a person does by his actions. I don't have issues with fans who support their current coach but after 4 years of watching football under CSS, it was the people who wanted to say that CSS was equally or better a coach than Jeff just because of his wins and losses...

Go Cards!!!

And what faces Satterfield in Cincinnati is a seriously daunting task. For a program whose biggest Bowl victory in their history was a win over Vanderbilt in the Liberty Bowl, Satt gets to follow the incredible run that Luke Fickell had going 11-2, 11-2, 9-1 and 13-1 with a spot in the College Football Playoff. And now he also soon will be playing a Big 12 schedule vs an AAC schedule.

The honeymoon period in Cincy will last about as long as a plate of fatty pork chops in front of Mark Stoops.

Good luck.
The question is did Fickell leave UC in better shape for CSS than Petrino 2.0???

The question is did Fickell leave UC in better shape for CSS than Petrino 2.0???
Time will tell. But most definitely Fickell left it in better shape. Whether Satt has the chops to make that work under his system remains to be seen. I don't wish him to fail...but he may very well do that....but will be laughing all the way to the bank at UC's expense and not UofL's anymore. UofL gets the better end of the deal here.

I hate losing.
If Brohm comes here and goes
25-24
Cant beat Clemson or SuCkS.
Cant win the ACC
Attendence craters.
Brings in sunbelt type recruits ( satterfield did the first 3 years)
Interview in secret for another job then youre damn right UofL fans will want Brohm gone.
Coaches are paid MILLIONS to win. Get errr done or git.

WHOOMP! There it is.

I don't know but my guess is Fickell left the cupboard pretty stocked for Satterfield. I would not be surprised if Satterfield does decent (8-4-ish) his first year there just like he did here and won ACC Coach of the Year. As the Fickell recruits and culture naturally fade out, that is where the rubber will meet the road for UC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT