ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a bold move Cotton…

BPGhost

6000+
Jun 23, 2015
He sees the writing on the wall here and grabbed the first hand that was extended. No connection here - either way - with the fan base or really, the university. He never overcame the USCjr debacle frankly though winning 5 out of 6 saved his job - for one year. Moving to UC - he gets to hit the reset button on his clock / money.

Of course, all of the reasons it didn’t work here are basically in play at UC as well. It’s an interesting move for Scatterfield.

Reactions: Tenncard
Quick check of some sites and it doesn’t appear that Scatterfield is going to be welcomed with open arms from bearcat fans. Move being questioned almost universally and disappointment abounds.

He sees the writing on the wall here and grabbed the first hand that was extended. No connection here - either way - with the fan base or really, the university. He never overcame the USCjr debacle frankly though winning 5 out of 6 saved his job - for one year. Moving to UC - he gets to hit the reset button on his clock / money.

Of course, all of the reasons it didn’t work here are basically in play at UC as well. It’s an interesting move for Scatterfield.
I think his lack of success against UK didn't help his cause either.

Satt isn’t as bad a coach as some here believe, but I really don’t see how the stretch zone base offense can work in the high-flying Big 12. They’ve become a “score the most points and damn the defense” sort of league.

Quick check of some sites and it doesn’t appear that Scatterfield is going to be welcomed with open arms from bearcat fans. Move being questioned almost universally and disappointment abounds.
Exactly, if you're a Beatcat fan who have had recent success with Fickell find out their new coach is Satterfield with a .500 record after 4 years, you can't be happy. Maybe some of Scott's buddies can convince him he's a great offensive coach.

Reactions: BPGhost
My question is did Scott reach out to Cincy when Fickell left or did Cincy reach out to Scott? I have to believe it was Scott who made the contact.

So….let’s see how long before the UofL curse comes and bites Satt right in the ass! But, then again, in this case maybe the universe blesses him for helping us out on this one.

Me thinks Satterfield wanted out of Louisville after the 2020 turmoil in the streets of Louisville. Then the lack of fan enthusiasm for him seen mostly with empty seats was the last straw.

He knew at least half the fanbase didn't want him or approved of his coaching philosophy, and after the social upheaval in 2020, he knew he had to move on. He also knew that he would always be looking over his shoulder for Jeff Brohm.

Reactions: rh62531 and dwidwi
Sounds like he wanted an extension and didn’t get it. I think JH agreed with many on here that he didn’t deserve an extension even with the class. I am obviously a Satterfield fan and I have no problem with JH not extending him. I just hope JH has a clear plan on the next steps.

heird did not offer him an extension and thus job security, uc offered him 6 years. every single one of us would have taken the job security and changed schools. money talks bs walks
I agree. I actually thought Coastal Carolina was a potential. It is best for both parties.

Reactions: glassmanJ
He wasn’t who we wanted.

He came here when we were low. 2-10 at the bottom. All old the normal seasons he got us to a bowl and had a .500 ACC record.

From what we expected from the day he took the job and where we were in 2018, he did what we wanted.

I thank him for that. He went through AD and President turmoil. He went through the crazy COVID year. Lost his dad and then the same week his AD is trying to force him out. He wasn’t wanted here and he didn’t want to be here.

All in all, we had some good memories from his era. The roster is in decent shape for the next guy.

That's unclear but I see your points.

What I see is an even bigger challenge. He's replacing an extremely successful HC, the most successful in their history. But even more challenging, he's joining the B12 and the SOS just got tougher for UC. Not sure about travel changes.

It didn't go too well for WVU and they were a T10ish type of program when they made their move.

yeah, my perusing of a UC board showed most fans were ok with it, not excited. [kinda like we were]

Reactions: rh62531
That's unclear but I see your points.

What I see is an even bigger challenge. He's replacing an extremely successful HC, the most successful in their history. But even more challenging, he's joining the B12 and the SOS just got tougher for UC. Not sure about travel changes.

It didn't go too well for WVU and they were a T10ish type of program when they made their move.
I do think Cincy being in a better recruiting area/state is much better than WVU’s situation. WV is a poor state and not heavily populated.

heird did not offer him an extension and thus job security, uc offered him 6 years. every single one of us would have taken the job security and changed schools. money talks bs walks
Source or speculation?

Would you lose you obsessive hate filled Satterfield rants? He’s gone. Let it go. For goodness sake, you should be ecstatic. Some people live miserable lives. They are unhappy and can’t find joy even when things go their way.
You look petty continuing to attack him. No Coach will be accepted 100% but you obviously did not see his press conference. He received resounding applause at its conclusion.
Maybe take you’re own advice Chief. Not sure why you’ve latched into my posts / opinions like a barnacle.

In lieu of that - maybe you say what you want and I’ll do the same.

Would you lose you obsessive hate filled Satterfield rants? He’s gone. Let it go. For goodness sake, you should be ecstatic. Some people live miserable lives. They are unhappy and can’t find joy even when things go their way.
You look petty continuing to attack him. No Coach will be accepted 100% but you obviously did not see his press conference. He received resounding applause at its conclusion.
I believe Ghost was just making an observation. Not sure why his comment triggered you so. I looked at some sites and it appears Cincy fans are trying to convince themselves to be ok with this hire.

Screw satterfield. He didnt even have the guts to tell his players. Awe shucks is gone and it is Celebration time.
Enjoy your bran muffin, the rest of us are eating cake and ice cream......

Source or speculation?
heard on the radio. said they had their meetin, heird even said they only talked about the team and not contracts, so thus satts had no job security in a fan base that half disliked him and thus cincy gave it to him.

$3.5M was the buyout that Cincinnati owes Louisville.
3.4M is his reported salary at UC - which I believe, would be a pay cut from UofL. Pretty sure that’s what OldhamCard was referring to.

Guy makes a lateral (at best) move to a similarly bad fitting situation for less money? Yeah, I’d say he saw the writing on the wall here.

Jimmy Sexton - his agent - reached out to everyone. Actually a pretty savvy move by team Satt.
Savvy move born out of complete necessity / desperation. Were he to produce at the same level next year as he has his first four, and his ass was getting fired and sent back to the sticks.

Guess he didn’t have any confidence that he could do better than he had so he hit the eject button.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
Lol - I did see it. Apparently your definition of “resounding applause” is people clapping more than once.

Fortunately for you - he’s only moving 90 miles away. Your man crush on Sunbelt Scotty should be able to withstand that sort of medium range relationship. I’m pulling for you two!

You‘re misrepresenting the trut
You have hated Satterfield and now that he’s gone I say it again.
LET IT GO.
You got your wish.
MOVE ON

Nope.
He's a big boy. He can take it.
He's paid millions.

He goes on the trash heap with Cooper, kragdud, and Petrino.

You’re a hater too.
If it makes you feel better just live in the past.
No reason to push for Brohm and the future.

I hate losing.
If Brohm comes here and goes
25-24
Cant beat Clemson or SuCkS.
Cant win the ACC
Attendence craters.
Brings in sunbelt type recruits ( satterfield did the first 3 years)
Interview in secret for another job then youre damn right UofL fans will want Brohm gone.
Coaches are paid MILLIONS to win. Get errr done or git.

Last edited:
I've never been anti Satterfield. But if I was a Cincy fan, I'd question his hire too. His resume looked a lot better when it stopped at "Appy State."

But I don't wish bad luck on anyone. Hopefully, he's a good fit at Cincy and things work out well for everyone. I'm going to be following their football program now with a little more interest...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT