ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me, or is there like, zero excitement for the LSU game?

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
Not many threads here.

But even at work, or my inner circle - pretty big Cards fans... just not much juice for this game.

Dare I pull the disinterested card?

Just very strange. A chance to play against an elite program that had a good year from the SEC, and I'm just not feeling much excitement.

Maybe our fans are just let down, disappointed in how the season closed. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is some excitement?

I'm not seeing it.

I think it's a combination of the fact that we lost our last 2 games to throw away a big opportunity to get to the orange bowl and the fact that so many important basketball games are going on and there hasn't been much football news. I am more of a football guy and I am very excited for this game, but keep in mind that as a fan base louisville is more excited about basketball because it is a sport where we contend for national championships.

The Houston and Kentucky games drained my juice. Looking forward to the game. However, certainly not as excited as usual.

I think it's because no one knows what to think. I've tried to start a thread twice on it, but they just fizzle. The question everyone has is which UofL team will show up? The one that played FSU and Clemson or the one that ended the season.

Reactions: jmac1029
Yep. I agree with the posters talking about the last 2 games draining the life out of the excitement. We really blew a big time opportunity to elevate the program to the next level. Having Lamar win the Heisman took the sting away from the last 2 losses, but it still killed the excitement for the bowl game. I know I would prefer to be playing Michigan in the Orange Bowl instead of LSU in the Citrus Bowl. At least it's warm in Orlando.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
I'm dreading watching our OL get caved in play after play by their army of five star talent. Les Miles isn't there to screw them up anymore and they held Alabama to what, 10 points? If LJ survives I will be thrilled. If we win somehow, I will be ecstatic. But this has massacre written all over it. I think the last two games, especially LPT, destroyed my faith in our defense. I just don't see our OL doing anything with their front 7. Hate to be so depressing, but that's how it looks.

Not many threads here.

But even at work, or my inner circle - pretty big Cards fans... just not much juice for this game.

Dare I pull the disinterested card?

Just very strange. A chance to play against an elite program that had a good year from the SEC, and I'm just not feeling much excitement.

Maybe our fans are just let down, disappointed in how the season closed. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is some excitement?

I'm not seeing it.
Call it being disinterested or whatever but there doesn't seem to be a lot of positives for us. If we come out and play lights out like we did against FSU, we will wonder why we couldn't show up against UK. We are also playing against an LSU without Les Miles, a team considered to have a so-so year. If they beat us it's going to be because U of L is a pretender and hasn't got there yet (not the way I feel). I just hope that LJ doesn't get hurt.

Last edited:
The end of the regular season couldn't have been more disappointing. In fact, I can't think of a scenario that could have been worse. Just bad. The Heisman lifted our spirits for a moment, but I can't help but think LSU is going to run the hell all over us. I'm expecting well over 300 yards total rushing from them. Teams have figured out how to contain Lamar, the defense fully exposed. And, who knows how the team's psyche is right now? Probably not in the best frame of mind. Also, Princess freaking Leia just croaked. Total bummer.

Just my take here, not pointing fingers... but we need to remember these bowl games, can be meaningless, but also serve as springboards heading into the following season. Jackson had a real nice game vs A&M last year, might have helped his confidence heading into this year. Similar logic could apply to the team in other areas.

I don't expect a win, never do in most games. I'm hoping for a competitive game.

What have the Lou Sports Reports writers said about it? Nothing

No news about what the teams is saying, their demeanor, or attitude.

Nothing.

So as far as I know, the same disconnected team that played 11 of the last 12 quarters is going to show up.

So what's to get excited about?

I'm wish' and hopin'.

But excited? No. Not until I see which UofL team shows up.

I cannot remember a previous season when we would not have given the ... left one to play a top 20 LSU in a Bowl, and taken 35-40,000 fans.

Obviously, the Humanitarian, Detroit(2), Mobile(2) and numerous freezing Liberty's have made me a Bowl snob. ;)

The Houston and Kentucky games drained my juice. Looking forward to the game. However, certainly not as excited as usual.
And you can add to that the lingering question of....Just how the hell did that happen? I think a lot of fans have questions and I'll leave it at that.

A team with few injuries, that humiliated FSU, NC State and played toe to toe with Clemson at night in Death Valley with the nation watching ain't supposed to get steamrolled at Houston or lose at home to UK on Senior Day as 27 point favorites.

I'll be pumped come game day for the Citrus Bowl as usual especially with another chance to see Lamar again but it has been different this year.

I'm like you in that I'm always interested to watch us play another foos ball game but I keep having horrible mental flashbacks of 3 u of k d line men beat out all 4 of our o line and sack LJ8. Still pissed about that one.

Last two games have made me very pessimistic about our chances. BRad needs to get 20+ carries in this game to take some of the heat off LJ even if our oline doesnt show up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT