ADVERTISEMENT

Is ACC becoming the best conference

tluck28

300+
Oct 7, 2016
With 6 teams in the top 25 and with the addition of Louisville to the league, is the ACC slowly becoming a contender for the top league. Richt has Miami swinging, UNC is improving as well as Gtech and Vtech. It seems like this league is making a big rise as a whole and I like it !!! Maybe one day soon it will be the best league in basketball and football. So glad we didn't get into the big 12 Go Cards and Go ACC!!!!

With 6 teams in the top 25 and with the addition of Louisville to the league, is the ACC slowly becoming a contender for the top league. Richt has Miami swinging, UNC is improving as well as Gtech and Vtech. It seems like this league is making a big rise as a whole and I like it !!! Maybe one day soon it will be the best league in basketball and football. So glad we didn't get into the big 12 Go Cards and Go ACC!!!!
Not as long as BC is in the league. Man, they look awful tonight against Clemson. How did that program fall to something so bad? But, I agree the top of the ACC is the best in football.

Yea BC looks pathetic. All leagues need their bottom feeders. Think of them as a rest/bye week.

The SEC appears to have more than their share (of bottom feeders). Amazingly, LPT is 4th in the SEC East with an RPI of 82. 4th highest in the ACC Coastal is 56 (GTech), and 44 in the Atlantic (Wake).

Yes, the ACC is making big strides in football, ESPECIALLY the bottom feeders...

I think BC is just out of place in this league.

I'm slow to do the conference honk thing. But I'm happy to be playing in a league that appears to have a # of programs either right around the top or striving for the top.

Would have really helped that argument had Clemson been able to finish Bama
last season.

That would have given the ACC two out of the last three Titles, with Clemson
looking at back to back, and the Cards a dark horse/long shot this season.

The SEC east produces 4 dreck teams-Mizzou, Scar, Candy and the cayuts.

Memphis beat Ole miss last season, where Bama could not.

The ACC needs its 6 ranked teams to finish with 9 or more wins, win all of their
bowl games, and Clemson/UofL (longshot) win the Title this season.

Honestly...just looking at Louisville...not really concerned about the rest of the league...not rooting against them but knowing we now have the luxuary of playing in a True Power League and knowing we are respected

Honestly...just looking at Louisville...not really concerned about the rest of the league...not rooting against them but knowing we now have the luxuary of playing in a True Power League and knowing we are respected
Yea , it's just nice to be in a for real league finally and being a true contender is an even bigger bonus. What Jurich has done here since I was a kid is truely unbelievable.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
ACC is definitely getting better.

I still think the SEC is the best defensive league. Full of defensive studs. Probably the best line league as well, both offense and defense.

Offense and offense skill positions, the ACC takes a back seat to no one. Take a look at QB. No "stud" Qbs in the SEC. ACC has 2 that are legitimate heisman contenders. Defense in the ACC is good, but not as much as the SEC.

B-12. Explosive offenses but defense is a 4 letter word.

B-10. OSU may be the most balanced, complete team out there (yes, better than Bama). Michigan is pretty good but things drop off severely from there.

Pac 12. Washington is for real. Big drop off from them.

So Id say depending on how you look at it, it's between SEC and ACC. Argument could be made for both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT