ADVERTISEMENT

Iona Falls To Rider

There is zero (0) chance that Rick ever coaches here again; however Morgantown; you are 100% correct about Rick being quite possibly one of the only people on the planet who could return UL BB to our high expectations immediately.

Rick did it at UK with Mashurn and a bunch of in-state kids who motivated to play for Pitino.

There is zero (0) chance that Rick ever coaches here again; however Morgantown; you are 100% correct about Rick being quite possibly one of the only people on the planet who could return UL BB to our high expectations immediately.

Rick did it at UK with Mashurn and a bunch of in-state kids who motivated to play for Pitino.
As one that totally supported and then forgave him for embarassing our University I would now not ever want him back at the University of Louisville under any circumstances. As I've said before Dick Pitino is soley responsible for our present predicament. His immoral actions need forgiving but not by me.

GO CARDS!!!

I must agree 100% with GOCDS as to Pitino‘s immoral behavior; he brought it with him from his time at UK, yet there was no one in Lexington or Louisville media who would ever print what so many witnessed first hand while coaching his Cats.

Right or wrong, I can differentiate between character and performance. I witnessed firsthand the pre-season work that Rick performed when he arrived in Lexington under the worst possible circumstance., not unlike what the next UL HC will inherit.

I am not advocating for the return of Pitino back here at all, to the contrary, my earlier post was a follow up to Morgantown Card …….. there may not be another college basketball coach in America capable of resurrecting UL basketball as quick and as effectively as Pitino.

I live in the real world and I realize there is no way that Pitino comes back unless Jurich is in the picture. He's not, so Rick won't, but if Rick was I'd be all for it. I used to not feel this way but when literally none of the coaches in the FBI scandal were fired (Miller was fired for being awful, not the FBI thing), and Bill Self was not only kept but his contract was redone to specifically state he cannot be fired for cause because of violations - I have stopped caring. Bring Rick back F-it.

If anyone believes Zion passed up $200k at Kansas at the last minute for the privilege of playing for Duke, or that Anthony Davis went to UK for the privilege of playing for UK - then that person is incredibly naive. Just because Daddy NCAA isn't handing down virtue-signalling sanctions doesn't mean it didn't happens.

Look up the Occam's Razor concept. It explains all of this.

I'm not advocating for or against bringing Tom and Rick back, but it would be hilarious if, the day after the NCAA levels their final punishment, UofL brings both guys back the next day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT