ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Investigation board: List of suspects and red herrings.

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
Earlier this morning Mark started a thread telling the board:

"In the next couple of weeks, Louisville football could do anything from double to as much as triple the size of its commitment list. Right now, the Cardinals sit with five total commitments. That number could reach as much as fifteen over the month of June. Those around the football program are beginning to sense a shift in receptivity with recruits and are hopeful that a number of key prospects at multiple positions are ready to publicly pledge to Satterfield and the Cards."

I like Mark's confidence but I haven't heard that sentiment personally from the UL side but that doesn't mean he's wrong. I've done some investigating and word on the street is that something is in fact about to go down but I can't figure out exactly who is involved, but I do have a few ideas after following up on some leads. I've compiled a list of suspects who may pop for Louisville in the near future on my cork board.

Investigation Board

Jared Dawson from Memphis visited Louisville on May 10th and told me he had a great time on the trip. Louisville likes him at NT and he said he thought he fit well into the defense. He also praised the facilities and the academic presentation he received. He’s a prime suspect.

I feel fairly confident Tim Lawson picks Louisville but he still plans to take official visits to NC State and UNC on June 7 and June 14th. He said he decide after that. If he doesn't take any of those visits its over, if he does take those visits my confidence level will obviously be taken down to "say he's just a friend." That being said, I think Louisville is his current leader and ultimately, Ledford gets his man. He is the main soon to commit suspect on the watch list.

Mark mentioned Luke Kandra. He's set to take an official visit to Louisville from 6/10 - 6/12 then he will follow that with an official to Indiana from 6/14 - 6/16. He said he is "still up in the air" so it appears he is down to Louisville and Indiana at the moment. He told me he doesn't have an announcement date in mind but I am keeping him on the suspect list.

Franks is fresh off an official visit to Louisville which he raved about giving the visit a perfect 10 and saying that he and his mother were made to feel very welcomed and at home. He had visits set up with Pitt and Michigan State this month and maybe Virginia but I don't think those are happening and I think Louisville will be getting some good news from him very soon, and I mean very soon.

Purdy took an official visit last weekend and told me everything went great and gave the experience the usual lip service a quarterback gives an official visit. He visited Purdue unofficially and he is supposed to check out Michigan State and Kansas. He has gone on the record saying that he plans to commit during his Senior season so he is a red herring.

Minkins is a Louisville legacy who has been trying to earn an offer from Louisville for a long time now and finally made it happen on 6/2 after posting two 4.52 40-yard dashes while locking receivers down in the one on one segment of the camp. I know his Louisville offer is committable but I also know he wants to camp at some other schools. He will be camping at UK this weekend and if he has a good 40 time I think his offer will solidify, if that's the case I think he commits to UK. If not I think UL is in the pole position. I'm going to call him a person of interest at the moment.

Gambill plays at Carterville with current Louisville QB commit Tee Webb and the Cards like him as a center. I have heard rumors they are looking to take one of Jonah Gamble or local CAL lineman Austin Collins. They first one to commit is in, the snoozer is the loser.

See above

I'll update this thread as new suspects emerge.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocds and Cardhorn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News