ADVERTISEMENT

Intra Squad Scrimmage

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Made it for 3 innings today before the Pitt game.
Ok,so what did I see? Britton is playing the outfield now. A logjam at the catcher spot and a need for outfielders has pushed Britton to right field. He might have the best arm out there and he looked very comfortable.
As stated before,there are some youngsters that will impact this team. Binelas(freshman) hit a dinger to dead center that Campbell nearly robbed on an ESPY worthy play by inches. Benefield (freshman) looking like Brooks Robinson on a play at 3rd to rob a sure double. I saw maybe half a dozen highlights in an hour or so.
Maybe a hundred brave souls,but the weather might be warmer tomorrow at noon. The kids would love to see a crowd I'm sure.

Coach Mac has maybe some of the hardest decisions to date about his roster for Spring. I didn't see anything that made those decisions look any easier yesterday. This will be his deepest team yet.

The pitchers led the way for most of this one. Caught 7 innings before I had to go.
A couple of Freshmen looked really good on the mound.
Jack Perkins continues to impress me. He came in and pitched well against some of our better hitters. I think he fits well as a middle guy for this season or a 4th starter.
Poland pitched well. First time I have seen him pitch.

Lot of interesting things yesterday. Wyatt at 3rd, Lavey at 2nd, Dunn in Left.
Just guessing,but it looks like CM just preparing for whatever,whether it's injuries or giving some of these Freshmen a chance.

What’s your thoughts on the weekend starters? Baseball is getting ready to start. I wanted to go to Lakeland but just can’t swing it.

What’s your thoughts on the weekend starters? Baseball is getting ready to start. I wanted to go to Lakeland but just can’t swing it.
Pretty sure Bennett is first out of the gate Friday. He is a captain this year and probably sets the tone.
It gets interesting after that,but I'm sure we'll see Detmers on either Saturday or Sunday.
Coach alluded to the possibility that either Hoeing or Miller could be that 3rd starter on the weekend,with the other going to middle relief. He also said that Hoeing's numbers out of the pen last season were impressive.
My guess is it's Miller.
Look for young Kerry Wright to possibly become the midweek guy starting out.
Jmo

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT