ADVERTISEMENT

If Wisconsiin Beats Purdue today I predict Announcement made Imediately

Brohm will interview with Louisville, but that doesn't mean he is coming here. The way he is spanking Wisky right now I am starting to think he is staying. He has a major rebuild if he comes here, but at Purdue he is season or two away from a B10 title game.

I know many have already proclaimed Brohm our new savior, but I hope we are prepared for the chance he doesn't leave Purdue. Talking to a couple of his former teammates and friends...this is not even close to a done deal.

I suspect Vince has his finger on the pulse of all that. I also suspect he has developed a list of candidates. Just last year this was considered a top 25 job so we should be in good shape as far as qualified candidates.

Lol not Purdue. That’s more than 10% of their athletic budget. And why would they jump right to that figure. Lol
Doesn't touch purdues athletic budget. It did under Burke. Bobinski is here to win.

Your current budget is 36M below ours. So 12M is actually more than 10% of your athletic budget so yes it touches it. And I hardly doubt you’ll go from his current salary to 12M . That would be foolish

Vince knows what he's doing.

Look at the Chris Mack hire. Mack was at a great job, his alma mater and Louisville had just come off TWO major scandals and Vince still got his guy and didn't overpay for him. Now, obviously Louisville basketball is a much different animal than Louisville football but the basketball program was in practically in shambles at the time and we still got, who I think was the best possible candidate.

Fast forward a few months and here we are....native son, the first family of Louisville football and we need a new football coach. Vince knows what he's doing and understands whats at stake here.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Wisconsin wins it 47-44 in Triple OT.
Dang, that means Purdue plays IU next week for bowl eligibility.
That's some pressure right there.

Your current budget is 36M below ours. So 12M is actually more than 10% of your athletic budget so yes it touches it. And I hardly doubt you’ll go from his current salary to 12M . That would be foolish
How could Purdue's budget be 36 mil when they get 51mil from the big ten every year? If your looking at numbers from last couple years, it's much different now.

Wisconsin wins it 47-44 in Triple OT.
Dang, that means Purdue plays IU next week for bowl eligibility.
That's some pressure right there.
Last year was the same deal. Purdue and iu both with 5 wins in week 12. Made for a fun game.

How could Purdue's budget be 36 mil when they get 51mil from the big ten every year? If your looking at numbers from last couple years, it's much different now.

Our budget is 36M more than your current budget. And ours doesn’t include the boost we will get from the ACC Network this summer.

Yeah the biggest concern with Brohm is defense. You can't win at this level without a good defense. Offense is great but you have to be able to stop people. The big boys will limit your offense. The question is can you limit the big boys offense.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Yeah the biggest concern with Brohm is defense. You can't win at this level without a good defense. Offense is great but you have to be able to stop people. The big boys will limit your offense. The question is can you limit the big boys offense.

Exactly. Unless he gets a strong DC and is committed to building a strong D will be right back here. The best programs have strong Ds.

Exactly. Unless he gets a strong DC and is committed to building a strong D will be right back here. The best programs have strong Ds.
Defense is extremely difficult to coach in college. You just don't see many really good defenses in college unless they are senior heavy or upper class heavy.

Our budget is 36M more than your current budget. And ours doesn’t include the boost we will get from the ACC Network this summer.
Where are you seeing Purdue's 2018 budget numbers at?

I’m quoting what was reported on the radio. However, Louisville was ranked as the 20th most profitable athletic department in 2018. Purdue wasn’t in the top 25.

Defense is extremely difficult to coach in college. You just don't see many really good defenses in college unless they are senior heavy or upper class heavy.

Well let’s go back 5 years we had a darn good defense. Ok let’s say adequate that’s a lot better than what we have now.

That is true that he wouldn't coach the bowl game.

If Purdue loses, a monday or Tuesday announcement of an agreement reached in priciple would be College Christmas !

Even if they are bowl eligible, Brohm isn't coaching the bowl if he's headed to Louisville. The deal would be done way before then and neither school is going to let him coach the bowl. It would be like when he took over Purdue. Some of his staff stayed to coach the bowl at WKU but he went on and they came after.

I’m quoting what was reported on the radio. However, Louisville was ranked as the 20th most profitable athletic department in 2018. Purdue wasn’t in the top 25.
2018 isn't over. Let's put it this way, Purdue doesn't have a money issue. They can afford to pay Brohm 7 mil. That's a bit steep imo. But they could.

2018 isn't over. Let's put it this way, Purdue doesn't have a money issue. They can afford to pay Brohm 7 mil. That's a bit steep imo. But they could.
It projected I’m sure. We’ve been in the top 20 for years. Along with having the most profitable BB program or top 3. But I’m not arguing that you won’t have the funds. I bet you don’t go to 7M.

It projected I’m sure. We’ve been in the top 20 for years. Along with having the most profitable BB program or top 3. But I’m not arguing that you won’t have the funds. I bet you don’t go to 7M.
I sort of hope not. I'm not sure Brohm has proven to be worth that yet. In my opinion, he is worth 6 to Purdue max. Only reason that much is because if he leaves, the recruiting class breaks up and goes every which direction and Purdue is back to step 1. If he does leave though, I'm calling Dino Babers if I'm AD.

I sort of hope not. I'm not sure Brohm has proven to be worth that yet. In my opinion, he is worth 6 to Purdue max. Only reason that much is because if he leaves, the recruiting class breaks up and goes every which direction and Purdue is back to step 1. If he does leave though, I'm calling Dino Babers if I'm AD.

Agree

It is but look how quickly things have already changed. It took a lot just to get our AD to pay Hazell $2 million a year when he started in 2013 and now Brohm is basically making double that. A lot of changes have occurred in the last few years and our athletic department realizes the value in a good football program.
Why don’t you guys use some of that big TV money you brag about to tear down that 2.5 car garage with the P painted on it sitting in one of the end zones in that awesome stadium of yours? You boys got all that cash, yet that end of the place looks like a high school field!

6 would put him the 8th highest paid coach in football. You bump it to 7 and I think it lands him at 5th. He is currently 12-12 at the P5 level. What he's done recruiting has been great but idk if I'm for paying him more than all but 7 coaches for giving Purdue the same results that Danny Hope did. Hope was almost at .500 coach with almost 3 wins in 4 years vs OSU, a win vs Michigan, and a couple of bowl games. Hope just had to replace the best coach in Purdue history while Brohm replaced the worst.

I really want to keep Brohm but the amounts of money im seeing brought up would be tough to wrap my head around

6 would put him the 8th highest paid coach in football. You bump it to 7 and I think it lands him at 5th. He is currently 12-12 at the P5 level. What he's done recruiting has been great but idk if I'm for paying him more than all but 7 coaches for giving Purdue the same results that Danny Hope did. Hope was almost at .500 coach with almost 3 wins in 4 years vs OSU, a win vs Michigan, and a couple of bowl games. Hope just had to replace the best coach in Purdue history while Brohm replaced the worst.

I really want to keep Brohm but the amounts of money im seeing brought up would be tough to wrap my head around

For either University.

Hope also had more speed and talent on his teams. Brohm is still getting his guys.

Wow. If true, that's insane. That's Saban money.
It’s a good gamble for Purdue. Look ... everyone seems convinced that either Louisville or Purdue is gonna pay between 5 and 6 ... in the grand scheme of expenses, what’s another 1-2 million? Plus, if he ultimately goes to a true blue blood or NFL (like many suspect), it’s only a year or 2 of that extra freight and you can probably demand a larger buyout that makes it neutral.

The only risk is Brohm tanking .. which seems pretty remote. Worst case 8 or so wins a year and decent bowl .. probably break even.

I totally agree. I actually think if Purdue is willing to pay over $6 million a year that Louisville shouldn't match. He's not worth that. He's obviously my top choice and the guy I want but not at that cost. There are a number of other coaches I like that Louisville could get and pay less than $5 million a year.

For Brohm to even be making what he's making now is a little crazy. Some of these coaches like him, Mark Stoops, Lovie Smith, etc...are honestly being overpaid based on their resume but that seems to be par for the course in todays game.

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT