ADVERTISEMENT

I remember now....

Birdseat

New Poster, Show Me Love
May 4, 2007
There is a reason I come to this board sparingly.

The mods are way too easy allowing bluenecks to run wild over here.

It's a free board...! Pay for premium. And yes there are some who come here just to raise hell but there are some to that come here for conversation and the moment they say something that doesn't go with Louisville it results to insults and etc... So you want people to be civilized, then treat them with respect and Maybe you will get it in return. If not then by all means ban them, and ban the trolls who are just here to start sh*t and get people going. But a true convo can't be great without opposing sides presenting arguments. If you censor the opinions that you don't want and are true then your living in a dream world. It's like the news just reporting all that law enforcement is doing is shooting innocent black youth, if that's all that's on then eventually you will believe it without hearing the other side of things.

Reactions: ClockCalamity
It's a free board...! Pay for premium. And yes there are some who come here just to raise hell but there are some to that come here for conversation and the moment they say something that doesn't go with Louisville it results to insults and etc... So you want people to be civilized, then treat them with respect and Maybe you will get it in return. If not then by all means ban them, and ban the trolls who are just here to start sh*t and get people going. But a true convo can't be great without opposing sides presenting arguments. If you censor the opinions that you don't want and are true then your living in a dream world. It's like the news just reporting all that law enforcement is doing is shooting innocent black youth, if that's all that's on then eventually you will believe it without hearing the other side of things.

Most Uk fans come over here to raise hell. A scant few come here for genuine conversation. Just because you haven't been here for the dozens upon dozens of Uk trolls doesn't mean they don't vastly outnumber the "respectful" Uk posters that you may have seen. So you might keep that in mind when you meet hostility over here. Oh and don't always believe your fellow posters that go tattling back to your board. There has been more than one of them that posted something then ran back to rupp rafters screaming about being banned for posting a "vague support comment" when in fact they WEREN'T banned as pointed out by Steelers. Or they just plain lie about not posting something ban worthy.

It is no coincidence that there is an infestation of Uk fans on our board right now with the current situation going on. We know why the vast majority of you are over here right now. Do you chastise Uk posters that don't treat UofL posters on the Uk board with respect? Because I can guarantee it's exactly the same over there. Probably twice as bad due to sheer numbers. Here's a breakdown for you of Uk fans and what they usually do over here.

Vast majority- pure trolls
Undercover trolls
Uk posters that claim to want to talk basketball but are in fact trolls and act wounded when called out on it
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V
Uk posters that aren't trolls and don't have ulterior motives for posting here

I see your point and your right. But your innocent until proven guilty so before resulting to name calling and bashing wait until you know what they're here for. I do believe some post to generally talk like this, then when confronted with zero respect its the fight mechanism that kicks in. Like I said it's a free board and yes UK fans do give you guys hell on rafters but there are some who post that's opinion is accepted even if it doesn't go with the flow. Minus the trolls haha

It's a free board...there are some who come here just to raise hell but there are some to that come here for conversation and the moment they say something that doesn't go with Louisville it results to insults and etc... So you want people to be civilized, then treat them with respect and Maybe you will get it in return...a true convo can't be great without opposing sides presenting arguments. If you censor the opinions that you don't want and are true then your living in a dream world...
...your innocent until proven guilty so before resulting to name calling and bashing wait until you know what they're here for. I do believe some post to generally talk like this, then when confronted with zero respect its the fight mechanism that kicks in. Like I said it's a free board and yes UK fans do give you guys hell on rafters but there are some who post that's opinion is accepted even if it doesn't go with the flow. Minus the trolls haha
The typical LPT problem is you come here making assumptions like those in these two posts...
  • An open forum doesn't mean you're welcome to participate. It just means anyone CAN post. Don't misinterpret that for some kinda invite, esp. if you're an LPT fan.
  • No one asked for your input or conversation. You're assuming that it's welcome since you can post here. Bad linkage.
  • In this space, it's perfectly OK for a U of L fan to insult an LPT fan--or anything about LPT--without provocation IMO. I realize that the rules don't allow that, technically speaking. But I think you'll find that's how the rules here are ENFORCED. No one's asking you to like that, and if you don't, there's the door you just came through.
  • If anyone here wants to live in a "dream world" or walk around with rose colored glasses on, that's OK here and not an LPT fan's job to correct. Esp. a slapd!ck.
  • "Inncoent until proven guilty" works in a court of law. If you're an LPT fan, don't count on that here. If you think I'm wrong, point it out for me in the rules.
  • Respect is earned and doesn't generally come easy to/for run-of-the-mill slapd!cks. There are a couple of exceptions here, but they're few and far between. Don't count on that either anytime soon.
Change your mindset, and you might make it to a double-digit post count.

"Elite program", my a$$...

The dream world is in Lexington.

They play in the WEAKEST BB conf in not just the P5, but most of BB. They run through it like Sherman through Atlanta, thumping their chest and strutting their high ranking.

Then, the NCAA comes along, they're WELL rested, have had 18 games to tweak and figure out what works, then they play 2 - 6 "tough" games, and proclaim their greatness with a EE, or FF.

And of course then they live FB season vicariously through the rest of the league. :rolleyes:

THEN:..........

They want to bitch us out as sucking in FB, because we play in a WEAK conference, are well rested at bowl time, have had all season to tweak and figure out what works, then kick the $#!t out of some $EC team in a bowl because we "haven't played anybody". ;)

See how that works?

They kill me.

Reactions: Mayoman
The big assumption is that we want to get on our board and have SuCk fans on it. I get on this board to discuss UL topics with UL fans. If I want to discuss UL topics with a SuCk fan I'll find one to talk too, however I generally have no reason to do that. But not on this board. I don't want to hear their opinion or take on anything period.

Name one fan base that routinely gets on another fan bases site. None. Many sUcK fans are either insecure or well strange. And many are just plain arrogant, which, having lived all over the eastern part of the country I find amusing. Because the reputation other places have for SuCk fans is far different than what SuCk fans think of themselves.

I agree CardsFirst sUcK fans think they are the envy of the country and everybody wants to be like them. When in reality everyone thinks of them as classless rednecks and cheers against them.

Birdseat, there are eight posts deleted on a thread next to this one. Doesn't sound like posters are allowed to "run wild".

Zipp no one ever asks for your opinion if I recall. And In no world especially if you are a man is it ok to insult another man without provocation. But that's ok I know your probably not a real man. I seen that when you posted a picture of someone else's kid online. Your parents would be proud of what you've become. And I could care less really what you think because even your own fans know your a sad sad man. Not just on here, your work life (the harbours) as well. i honestly figured you'd be a fan of innocent until proven guilty. But like I said keep up the good work boy!! Out!
You don't know jack about me except what you can google or another slapd!ck has told you. But it's always hilarious seeing what anyone with seven posts to his credit thinks about me personally, esp. from a slappy. Keep stalking.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Zipp no one ever asks for your opinion if I recall. And In no world especially if you are a man is it ok to insult another man without provocation. But that's ok I know your probably not a real man. I seen that when you posted a picture of someone else's kid online. Your parents would be proud of what you've become. And I could care less really what you think because even your own fans know your a sad sad man. Not just on here, your work life (the harbours) as well. i honestly figured you'd be a fan of innocent until proven guilty. But like I said keep up the good work boy!! Out!

Your mastery of the English language is impressive. You're welcome to post here as long as you keep it civil and refrain from insulting our teams or our fans. If we see that type of behavior, our mods will take action. When I saw your posts, I just had to respond, even though I couldn't care less about Cal or uk.

"If anyone here wants to live in a "dream world" or walk around with rose colored glasses on, that's OK here and not an LPT fan's job to correct. Esp. a slapd!ck."
I am an old man please explain to what is a "slapdick"

I see your point and your right. But your innocent until proven guilty so before resulting to name calling and bashing wait until you know what they're here for. I do believe some post to generally talk like this, then when confronted with zero respect its the fight mechanism that kicks in. Like I said it's a free board and yes UK fans do give you guys hell on rafters but there are some who post that's opinion is accepted even if it doesn't go with the flow. Minus the trolls haha

Let me ask you or other Uk posters over here a question. Does the Uk board ever get absolutely overrun by UofL fans all at once in practically every thread? Does it ever get swamped by dozens of UofL fans trolling every other thread so much that it makes the board near unreadable and definitely not enjoyable? I'm asking this because I genuinely don't know since I don't post on Rupp rafters/Uk forums. If the answer is "No" then you can't really talk about how this board should be more accommodating to Uk fans because you haven't experienced the same on your board.

Also if some of you Uk posters are REALLY here to talk about basketball then talk about it. Contribute in a thread talking about our players on this years team, certain aspects of our games, game strategy, etc. Or make a thread of your own talking about one of those things. In other words WALK THE WALK instead of talking about doing it then NEVER actually doing it. And as you've noticed I haven't called you any names or insulted you in any way since you replied maturely to my last post. (not that I ever name call anyway. check my post history)

Reactions: JohnKBA
Birdseat, there are eight posts deleted on a thread next to this one. Doesn't sound like posters are allowed to "run wild".
From what I've witnessed Jack, this place is usually over run before any clean up takes place. I guess the Mods wait for complaints before they do anything. It shouldn't be that way. Regular Cards visitors to these boards recognize the problem way before the Mods do anything about it. If I wanted to discuss our teams or UK teams with the UK clowns, I could go to their board...oh wait, no I couldn't because they don't allow the same type of challenges or put downs on their boards. That is how it should be here. The claim that this board is "more tolorant" doesn't fly!!

Reactions: American Male
Let me ask you or other Uk posters over here a question. Does the Uk board ever get absolutely overrun by UofL fans all at once in practically every thread? Does it ever get swamped by dozens of UofL fans trolling every other thread so much that it makes the board near unreadable and definitely not enjoyable? I'm asking this because I genuinely don't know since I don't post on Rupp rafters/Uk forums. If the answer is "No" then you can't really talk about how this board should be more accommodating to Uk fans because you haven't experienced the same on your board.

Also if some of you Uk posters are REALLY here to talk about basketball then talk about it. Contribute in a thread talking about our players on this years team, certain aspects of our games, game strategy, etc. Or make a thread of your own talking about one of those things. In other words WALK THE WALK instead of talking about doing it then NEVER actually doing it. And as you've noticed I haven't called you any names or insulted you in any way since you replied maturely to my last post. (not that I ever name call anyway. check my post history)

Shadow your right. And no you haven't said anything disrespectful to me nor have I you. I was trying to debate your team with general questions and other schools of thought on the subject, such as the McGee post. When all of the sudden one "Uk" troll says something, I defend Rick pitino and then comes the bashing on me. Not everyone that posts here has a motive to hijack things. Most do. But some don't. I agree with all of your points sir, and for once thank you for your view on things in a respective manner

"If anyone here wants to live in a "dream world" or walk around with rose colored glasses on, that's OK here and not an LPT fan's job to correct. Esp. a slapd!ck." I am an old man please explain to what is a "slapdick"
Sure. A recent example is the guy over Vitale's shoulder with the buzz cut. Looks like an LPT graduate...

Slapdck%20Sighting_zpsdrqw1bm6.jpg

(Photo from the Duke-Louisville game.)

From what I've witnessed Jack, this place is usually over run before any clean up takes place. I guess the Mods wait for complaints before they do anything. It shouldn't be that way. Regular Cards visitors to these boards recognize the problem way before the Mods do anything about it. If I wanted to discuss our teams or UK teams with the UK clowns, I could go to their board...oh wait, no I couldn't because they don't allow the same type of challenges or put downs on their boards. That is how it should be here. The claim that this board is "more tolorant" doesn't fly!!

Food for thought for all. To the best of my knowledge, no moderators make a penny for this "job". It is a completely voluntary position with no income or benefit of any kind. Because of this, to the best of my knowledge, most mods have actual jobs that prevent them from policing the board 24/7...or in some cases very little at all. To be honest, it's a thankless pain in the butt chore that I have to assume, like me, is accepted for the sole desire to improve the free board experience. Give that some thought, before you blurt out, "do your job mods". No non-mod here has any knowledge of the true amount of "policing" that does indeed take place behind the scenes. It is massive. Do yourself a favor, once you read (and hopefully report) some disrespectful content, go back later and see if that content still exists. Also, note the visitors who do post disrespectful content, then see how long they are permitted to keep posting here after making such posts. Policing...a LOT of it...IS done here. If you truly have a desire to be part of the solution, use the "report" button instead of complaining openly in a thread a mod may not even read; have some patience for the report to be addressed; and MOST importantly...stop starting threads that bait rivals into responding. And finally...if you REALLY want to be a part of the solution, contact Howie and volunteer YOUR time to make a difference here. Give it some realistic thought before complaining about the "service" you receive on the "free" board.

Reactions: shadow force
I don't like over-policing the message boards, I don't like unnecessary bans, I seldom complain to mods, and you couldn't pay me to do one of their jobs.

Mods, keep up the good work...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT