ADVERTISEMENT

I refuse to panic

I will sum it up. Louisville football is getting into deep dodo under Bobby Ball 2.0. I know the truth hurts, but its true. Most recruits are just 2 or 3 star for CBP now. And the media does not see us a strong program any longer. So that is why we are getting the recruits we are getting. And this is coupled with the fact that position coaches and coordinators do not like and will not work for Bobby! If this trend is allowed continue, our program will soon need 7 years to rebuild! We must head this off with fresh qualified coaching blood! Bobby was supposed to be reloading and not be running out of ammo!

Well first off - I think I asked you to provide your alternative theory about the situation with the assistants. You’ve simply rephrased the question and bounced it back to my side. You’ve said that the opinions expressed here regarding this situation are incorrect so you must have an opinion on what you think is the real reason. I’m happy to answer your question just as soon as you answer mine.
So can I assume that you’re not going to answer the question Zipp?

...There were several worried about what would happen beyond four. Most weren’t. But some were...
So can I assume that you’re not going to answer the question Zipp?
Let me clarify my remarks about posters being right and wrong... I'm not saying NOBODY here is ever right about their coaching analysis. I can't keep track of everyone's opinions, I can barely keep track of what the majority view is. If either of you stepped out and took an insightful position against a majority POV, you may very well be right about it now--esp. since the crowd is usually wrong.

But that doesn't really help someone like me who reads an outpouring of purported fan expertise in the wake of a game like yesterday's. And I recall all too well when the Grantham and Klenakis haters were backing moving vans up to their houses. It's really enlightening when considering how the defense has played since TG departed and the same about the O-line since Klenakis' demotion. Now, many of those same voices want me to believe they're right about Petrino's family members.

My memory ain't great, but it's good enough in this situation...

Let me clarify my remarks about posters being right and wrong... I'm not saying NOBODY here is ever right about their coaching analysis. I can't keep track of everyone's opinions, I can barely keep track of what the majority view is. If either of you stepped out and took an insightful position against a majority POV, you may very well be right about it now--esp. since the crowd is usually wrong.

But that doesn't really help someone like me who reads an outpouring of purported fan expertise in the wake of a game like yesterday's. And I recall all too well when the Grantham and Klenakis haters were backing moving vans up to their houses. It's really enlightening when considering how the defense has played since TG departed and the same about the O-line since Klenakis' demotion. Now, many of those same voices want me to believe they're right about Petrino's family members.

My memory ain't great, but it's good enough in this situation...
I just want to know if you think the level of assistants Petrino has hired / is seemingly able to hire this go around is a problem.

I just want to know if you think the level of assistants Petrino has hired / is seemingly able to hire this go around is a problem.
I'm not dodging the question. But I've posted on many occasions that I don't have the expertise to judge how coaches are doing their jobs fundamentally. I'm better off using other indicators or guides trying to answer that question.

For example, Petrino had three DCs during his first stint here. He's similarly had three this time around. Only one of those guys followed Petrino to a later gig, and that was as a position coach--which tells me that he wasn't really happy with any of them.

On offense, Garrick McGee had been a head D1 coach prior to taking the OC job. That's at least as qualified as Paul Petrino was as Louisville OC. And Jeff Brohm has no true coaching experience when he took the QB position under Petrino in 2003...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT