ADVERTISEMENT

i hate being correct, but this team is undisciplined

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
****I STAND CORRECTED CLOCK RUNS NO MATTER WHAT UNTIL LAST TWO MINUTES, THOUGHT IT WAS FOUR. SORRY GUYS****

Last edited:
The clock only stops with more than 2 minutes left until the ref sets the ball then it starts again. Smith would not of ate up more time by staying inbounds.

Reactions: glassmanJ
The clock only stops with more than 2 minutes left until the ref sets the ball then it starts again. Smith would not of ate up more time by staying inbounds.
i stand correct thanks teamcanada, i thought it was in the final four minutes the clock stopped. turns out it is two so sorry about that. but heck, the announcers did not know either

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
Bobby's dumb calls loss the game!
It didn't help but Pass over throwing open receivers all day in the middle of the field is what really cost them the game . FSU also scored that last TD in less than a minute so even if we had ran it 3 times and kicked a FG there is no guarantee that FSU wouldn't have gone right down the field and scored.

Reactions: Cue Card
Odds are against winning for coaches, who are always making stupid gambles.

Yep. This is at least the third time where Bobby has made a decision that was nothing more than a terrible bet. He even admitted to that. Again, I just wonder if he had more capable assistants around him, does that happen? Maybe Klenakis helped temper some of Bobby’s inexplicable impulses.

I am hearing that Pass audibled out of the run. I cant confirm but didnt Hall lineup in the backfield initially before moving out? If thats true then Malik will start Friday.

I am hearing that Pass audibled out of the run. I cant confirm but didnt Hall lineup in the backfield initially before moving out? If thats true then Malik will start Friday.

If Petrino hears him doing an audible there, then he sure as hell should’ve called a timeout before the ball was snapped.

It didn't help but Pass over throwing open receivers all day in the middle of the field is what really cost them the game . FSU also scored that last TD in less than a minute so even if we had ran it 3 times and kicked a FG there is no guarantee that FSU wouldn't have gone right down the field and scored.

True, but they would have had roughly 36 seconds and no monentum that the INT gave.

Yes, score more than 3 second half points and the Cards win by double digits.

Its a 60 minute game and the Cards only played 40 minutes.

Petrino admitted to calling a pass play to get inside the 10 yd line. Dont know if he was telling the truth or covering for Puma.
Either way its inexcusable for a Veteran coach.

True, but they would have had roughly 36 seconds and no monentum that the INT gave.

Yes, score more than 3 second half points and the Cards win by double digits.

Its a 60 minute game and the Cards only played 40 minutes.
I thought the play calling was much better yesterday but Pass missed on a lot of throws. He has been a disappointment but he gives us the best chance to win I've seen a lot of improvement on defense this year- we are just very young. There was 1:56 left on the clock and Florida State had 2 timeouts so they would have got it with around 1 minute left. Nevertheless passing in that situation was a boneheaded play call.

Bobby's dumb calls loss the game!

It would have been under a minute that’s if we didn’t score a TD and there’s know. That call was a game changer period end of story. You never ever pass in that situation.....ever

It would have been under a minute that’s if we didn’t score a TD and there’s know. That call was a game changer period end of story. You never ever pass in that situation.....ever
And maybe that’s why he did it?

Although, if nobody ever ever does it, FSU was pretty prepared for it. They didn’t sell out to the run.

Maybe they knew Bobby might be that guy :D

Reactions: Mayoman
And maybe that’s why he did it?

Although, if nobody ever ever does it, FSU was pretty prepared for it. They didn’t sell out to the run.

Maybe they knew Bobby might be that guy :D

It was ridiculous because you want to burn the clock and their timeouts. That play did neither.

It was ridiculous because you want to burn the clock and their timeouts. That play did neither.
Really? I never made the connection. :D

It’s what you, me, and 95% of the FB world would do.

But just just for chits and giggles, if it was such a no brainer, why didn’t FSU have 11 in the box. Or even 9?

Is Taggert as dumb as Petrino? :p

Really? I never made the connection. :D

It’s what you, me, and 95% of the FB world would do.

But just just for chits and giggles, if it was such a no brainer, why didn’t FSU have 11 in the box. Or even 9?

Is Taggert as dumb as Petrino? :p

I think the result speaks for itself. Don’t you?

Does it matter?

If it works, he’s a genius again, because “nobody” would have done it. It didn’t, so now we’re geniuses.

It’s a loss. He’s still the coach, and will be for a while.

So it doesn’t matter what he calls.

Does it matter?

If it works, he’s a genius again, because “nobody” would have done it. It didn’t, so now we’re geniuses.

It doesn’t matter? Well I would disagree. It probably changes the whole narrative and it definitely changes the psyche of the team. That was a gut wrenching loss. The team was already fragile when it comes to confidence, so I would say yes it does.

And if we go 2-10 I wouldn’t bet he’ll be back. I bet it would be less than a 50% chance. There is a strong Brohm coalition in this town that are just waiting to get Jeff back here. So I wouldn’t count on anything.

At the beginning of the season I would have thought he would have two years not sure now.

I personally hope he turns it around. That would be the best case scenario. And if we play like we did in the first half there’s a good chance of that happening.

But every lose in FB matters . And this one did big time.

You need to relax.

None of it matters because you, me, or nobody else can do anything about it.

It is what it is until it changes.

And we ain’t changing it

Does it matter?

I don’t think that’s true. We had the lead so all we had to do was manage the clock. Kick a FG worse case. Nobody would have looked at that play and say that it won it for us if we had gone on and won. Purists would still have scratched their heads. WTH.

Does it matter?

I think repeatedly making bone-headed decisions might cut into his life as our coach.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Our QB threw to the wrong guy, after staring him down. It happens. Bobby was being the old Bobby-going for the dagger. If it had worked, the Bobby ball is back. But it didn’t. Let’s beat Georgia Tech.

Our QB threw to the wrong guy, after staring him down. It happens. Bobby was being the old Bobby-going for the dagger. If it had worked, the Bobby ball is back. But it didn’t. Let’s beat Georgia Tech.

And that’s why you don’t let a young, inexperienced, somewhat inaccurate QB make any throw there. I said after the game that if Teddy B were QB I might have considered throwing the ball and then would’ve quickly decided against that idea.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Im convinced now that Petrino is done. He has quit. He is a shell of a coach that he once was.

I agree CBP is done,
hotseat-placeholdersize1-390x238.jpg

Dude he has lost control of the program. I want my opinion to be wrong in my heart, but my brain tells me different, because it makes decisions based on facts.

I choose to be a fan of the Cards all the time...not just when they are winning and it is convenient..

As long as CBP is the HC...he has my support. The perception that he is losing control of the program is based on what? Losing to FSU on a FUBAR play? No one in coaching is perfect or above making mistakes.

Still have 7 games to play to reach all the facts about this team and CBP. Then decisions can be made, etc. etc. In the mean time....Go Cards all the time.

Did folks give up on CHS after year 4, 5 or 6? Sometimes you hafta take the bad with the good until it gets good again. CIrcle of Life my friend.

Last edited:
Well, we can wait and see. I was really excited at first about him being hired again, but sadly he is not the same coach any longer.

Last edited:
Well, we can wait and see. I was really excited at first about him being hired again, but sadly he not the same coach any longer.

I hope not. If you are not growing....you are dieing. I am not the same man I was 15, 10 years or even 5 years ago either. Father time marches on.

Experiencing the death of a Father changed me in ways I can not do justice explaining here. Suffice to say....it was a hard fact of life to go through. You know what I mean and can relate.

He is definitely not the same as he was in his younger years of coaching. Jury is still out on whether that is good, bad, or ugly. As always....Time will tell the tale of CBP as HC at UofL his second go round.

Hope for the best and have no unrealistic expectations is my motto.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulSr
Dude he has lost control of the program. I want my opinion to be wrong in my heart, but my brain tells me different, because it makes decisions based on facts.
What exactly shows you he has lost control of the program? Krapthorpe is an example of someone who lost control and we are no where near that.

I hope not. If you are not growing....you are dieing. I am not the same man I was 15, 10 years or even 5 years ago either. Father time marches on.

Experiencing the death of a Father changed me in ways I can not do justice explaining here. Suffice to say....it was a hard fact of life to go through. You know what I mean and can relate.

He is definitely not the same as he was in his younger years of coaching. Jury is still out on whether that is good, bad, or ugly. As always....Time will tell the tale of CBP as HC at UofL his second go round.

Hope for the best and have no unrealistic expectations is my motto.
Cmon man. Chances are if you are a male in your 50’s, most of them except for the fortunate ones have lost their dads. It’s part of life. He’s not a junkie or an alcoholic is he?

Cmon man. Chances are if you are a male in your 50’s, most of them except for the fortunate ones have lost their dads. It’s part of life. He’s not a junkie or an alcoholic is he?

Your are way off in guessing my age. Yes, it is a part of life and I said that in earlier posts on this thread.

To deny it doesn't affect you is foolish. Whether you are willing to admit it or not does not diminish the affects that this has on your life. Google death on any National Psychology site to review the information on Death of a loved one or more specifically a Father.

As close as CBP and his Dad were reported to be, why would you or anyone make light of that?

IDK if CBP is a junkie or an alcoholic or not. He is a FB junkie though. Why throw that red herring into the issue.?

Your are way off in guessing my age. Yes, it is a part of life and I said that in earlier posts on this thread.

To deny it doesn't affect you is foolish. Whether you are willing to admit it or not does not diminish the affects that this has on your life. Google death on any National Psychology site to review the information on Death of a loved one or more specifically a Father.

As close as CBP and his Dad were reported to be, why would you or anyone make light of that?

IDK if CBP is a junkie or an alcoholic or not. He is a FB junkie though. Why throw that red herring into the issue.?
Who’s making light? You’re suggesting all these losses are because Bobby can’t handle grief? What was his excuse at the end of 2016? If he’s struggling and can’t get the job done because of it, take some leave and time off. Seek counseling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT