ADVERTISEMENT

I guess Petrino was on the hot seat.

shakes3858

No-Ranking Prospect
Aug 28, 2009
Sorry you guys are having a rough year. I did come here before the season asking if Petrino was on the hot seat because I don’t like him. I harbor no ill will to Louisville or anyone here. Just Petrino.

I hope you hire a good coach and turn things around next year. May I suggest Jeff Brohm. He’s a really good coach and a good person as far as I can tell. I don’t like him at Purdue because they’re a division rival of my wildcats and I hope Purdue sucks... except for the rest of the year. Beat Iowa.

Reactions: kl40504
Shakes, I vaguely remember your post and most of us thought you were crazy. I guess you turned out to be a prophet. I don’t know what your beef is with CBP, but the momentum toward firing him may be irreversible. The only thing that might save Bobby is his huge buyout, which we can’t afford now.

Your suggestion of Brohm is an interesting one. No one on this board has even considered him. Maybe that’s something for us to think about.

I can understand not wanting Brohm. He's barely above .500 as a power 5 coach with a loss to eastern Michigan. Louisville is so much better than a young unproven coach. Lol

I can understand not wanting Brohm. He's barely above .500 as a power 5 coach with a loss to eastern Michigan. Louisville is so much better than a young unproven coach. Lol

Purdue fans talking smack really hits home when you stop to ponder how bad this season is.

Reactions: Chapman123
Purdue fans talking smack really hits home when you stop to ponder how bad this season is.
I wasn't really talking smack. It was more a joking comment. No shots were meant actually. Purdue is 4-4. Not really in a place to talk smack.

Reactions: earsky
Shakes, I vaguely remember your post and most of us thought you were crazy. I guess you turned out to be a prophet. I don’t know what your beef is with CBP, but the momentum toward firing him may be irreversible. The only thing that might save Bobby is his huge buyout, which we can’t afford now.

Your suggestion of Brohm is an interesting one. No one on this board has even considered him. Maybe that’s something for us to think about.
I spelled out my beef with Bobby before and it was deleted. I don't want to step on any toes so if you'd like go to youtube and type in The biggest scumbag in sports who's still coaching. It's on the channel KTO. He spells it out pretty good.

Purdue had a rough start to the season and may have rough ending with Iowa and Wisconsin (I hope not. Go Purdue beat Iowa PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE). That said, if you look at Purdue during the 4 years with Darrell Hazell and Purdue now, it's night and day. Purdue looked extremely poorly coached with Hazell. He failed on basically ever level: recruiting, development, strategy... Failure. The first time Northwestern played Brohm's team, I thought we had the better athletes as Brohm hadn't recruited them, but Brohm was the right coach.

Purdue had a rough start to the season and may have rough ending with Iowa and Wisconsin (I hope not. Go Purdue beat Iowa PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE). That said, if you look at Purdue during the 4 years with Darrell Hazell and Purdue now, it's night and day. Purdue looked extremely poorly coached with Hazell. He failed on basically ever level: recruiting, development, strategy... Failure. The first time Northwestern played Brohm's team, I thought we had the better athletes as Brohm hadn't recruited them, but Brohm was the right coach.
Whose Darrell Hazell? From what I remember, Purdue shut their program down for 4 years. Then hired Brohm, entered the arms race by investing major dollars, and hired a new AD. Not in that order though.

I spelled out my beef with Bobby before and it was deleted. I don't want to step on any toes so if you'd like go to youtube and type in The biggest scumbag in sports who's still coaching. It's on the channel KTO. He spells it out pretty good.

Thanks for the reference. I actually watched it. The only thing I have trouble with about Petrino in that whole video is the Jessica Dorrell affair.

When Petrino was here as head coach the first time, we were a Conference USA school with a 42,000 seat football stadium. If you didn’t want him lying about interviewing for other job opportunities at Notre Dame, Auburn and LSU, you shouldn’t ask him about them.

Leaving Atlanta for Arkansas was an interesting dynamic.... What most people fail to understand about that situation is how Arthur Blank used it to blame everything on Petrino, thus allowing him to get a great deal of sympathy for the Atlanta Falcons organization, and to make the best of a bad situation in the aftermath of the Michael Vick dog fighting scandal. Petrino didn’t care whether his reputation was tarnished in Atlanta, just as he didn’t care when Jurich threw him under the bus here after Kragthorpe tanked, because Petrino was going to a better situation in both cases.

The most interesting piece of that dynamic is how Jurich and Petrino remained very good friends even after Jurich said many unflattering things about how Petrino ran the program from 2003-2006. I think it shows how a top notch collegiate AD (or NFL owner) uses the media to get a message out that paints his organization in the best possible light, regardless of whether it’s the truth or not.

Thanks for the reference. I actually watched it. The only thing I have trouble with about Petrino in that whole video is the Jessica Dorrell affair.

When Petrino was here as head coach the first time, we were a Conference USA school with a 42,000 seat football stadium. If you didn’t want him lying about interviewing for other job opportunities at Notre Dame, Auburn and LSU, you shouldn’t ask him about them.

Leaving Atlanta for Arkansas was an interesting dynamic.... What most people fail to understand about that situation is how Arthur Blank used it to blame everything on Petrino, thus allowing him to get a great deal of sympathy for the Atlanta Falcons organization, and to make the best of a bad situation in the aftermath of the Michael Vick dog fighting scandal. Petrino didn’t care whether his reputation was tarnished in Atlanta, just as he didn’t care when Jurich threw him under the bus here after Kragthorpe tanked, because Petrino was going to a better situation in both cases.

The most interesting piece of that dynamic is how Jurich and Petrino remained very good friends even after Jurich said many unflattering things about how Petrino ran the program from 2003-2006. I think it shows how a top notch collegiate AD (or NFL owner) uses the media to get a message out that paints his organization in the best possible light, regardless of whether it’s the truth or not.
Proper analysis of Petrino IMO.

Is he perfect?...No. Are the people he's crossed paths with?...Hardly.

I’m sure there are 3 sides to every story. One side, the other side, and the truth that lies in the middle. I could dig my heels in and argue what I “know” to be true but I don’t know it. I’m just partial and don’t like him!!! No big deal.

Whose Darrell Hazell? From what I remember, Purdue shut their program down for 4 years. Then hired Brohm, entered the arms race by investing major dollars, and hired a new AD. Not in that order though.
Just be grateful you never had John Pont or Rick Venturi. We were so grateful that John Pont ruined NU football and went 7-14 in his 1st two years, that we promoted him to AD!! He then went 5-28 in the next three years. So get this, we then let him appoint his successor... Rick Venturi who went 1-31-1. Basically, he’s the only person to have a worse 3 year record than Hue Jackson. Denny Green (Yes...they are who they thought were... Denny Green) came in next and went 10-45. He actually did a phenomenal job. Pont and Venturi were a shitshow.

Just be grateful you never had John Pont or Rick Venturi. We were so grateful that John Pont ruined NU football and went 7-14 in his 1st two years, that we promoted him to AD!! He then went 5-28 in the next three years. So get this, we then let him appoint his successor... Rick Venturi who went 1-31-1. Basically, he’s the only person to have a worse 3 year record than Hue Jackson. Denny Green (Yes...they are who they thought were... Denny Green) came in next and went 10-45. He actually did a phenomenal job. Pont and Venturi were a shitshow.

And the envelope please for the only coach to take Indiana to a Rose Bowl? P.S., it was not Lee Corso!

BP did himself, the team and fanbase a disservice by overvaluing the team.

Paraphrasing BP here:

Speed City. Fastest team we've ever had.

We're gonna beat Alabama.

We're a better offensive team without Lamar.

Best offensive line we've had.

Defense has improved.

Puma....

The list goes on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT