ADVERTISEMENT

I am DONE

Chapman123

800+
Jan 20, 2018
Louisville
I cant take anymore. Now rape, holding a gun to his girlfriends head etc....I am officially done with this program. This is not a program that I want my sons watching or cheering for. I am looking forward to basketball where at last we have a good wholesome dude running our program. I am not going to be attending , watching or posting until the Petrinos are gone from this program.

All the slimy remainders of Jurich and his gang need to be gone from here ASAP!

I cant take anymore. Now rape, holding a gun to his girlfriends head etc....I am officially done with this program. This is not a program that I want my sons watching or cheering for. I am looking forward to basketball where at last we have a good wholesome dude running our program. I am not going to be attending , watching or posting until the Petrinos are gone from this program.

Great.

As a known poster who is an adamant Petrino hater I will say this....things like this go on at EVERY major program. This isn't a Petrino thing. Without doing an ounce of research...UK, Vandy, Tennessee, Baylor, UCF...all with players accused of rape over the last 5-6 years. There are many football related reasons to be angry with the football program and Bobby Petrino but this isn't one of them.

Absolutely deplorable situation. Unlikely that Petrino or anyone in UofL’s athletic department were informed of any details of any ongoing police investigation, so there is no reason at all to think that Petrino played him with knowledge that Averitt was facing a rape allegation.

Absolutely deplorable situation. Unlikely that Petrino or anyone in UofL’s athletic department were informed of any details of any ongoing police investigation, so there is no reason at all to think that Petrino played him with knowledge that Averitt was facing a rape allegation.
Exactly.

I don't disagree with this at all. My question is how on earth could something as serious as a rape accusation get reported and nobody within, I think it was 5-6 days? Told the athletic department/Petrino? Why wouldn't the police make notifying the university one of their first priorities? Not from a football standpoint just from a public safety/knowledge sort of thing. I mean these are young adults on a college campus you would think the police department would want to notify the university that something as terrible as a rape allegation is being alleged by one of their students.

We’ll just quit.

But be advised, this “rape” was reported October 9th

On October 25th NO charges have been filed.

That makes it smell of BS.

Buh-bye.

Based on arrests of college football players by school UofL is listed as 49th with many others tied for 49. And with all the ties we’re not even in the top 50. SuCk is in the top 20. So as bad as this maybe, it’s not common at UofL, or for Bobby’s program.

Last edited:

So where are your season tickets and how much are you asking for them?

I don't disagree with this at all. My question is how on earth could something as serious as a rape accusation get reported and nobody within, I think it was 5-6 days? Told the athletic department/Petrino? Why wouldn't the police make notifying the university one of their first priorities? Not from a football standpoint just from a public safety/knowledge sort of thing. I mean these are young adults on a college campus you would think the police department would want to notify the university that something as terrible as a rape allegation is being alleged by one of their students.

Because he wasn't charged. If this wasn't a football player and just a normal student nobody would be complaining that he wasn't immediately banned from campus when no charges have even been filed and nothing has been investigated. At some point you run into privacy issues with both the accused and the victim. The police don't just go tell a rape victim's job that she had filed a report.

I want Petrino gone but this isn't on him and I'm not even sure this was handled poorly at all. The accuser waited a couple months so unless someone in the school was actively silencing her I'm guessing she wasn't sure she was going to report it to the police.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT