ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical: If Brohm doesn't want to come?

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
Ok we're all hearing rumors. We're mad about the season and it didn't go well. That's for certain. So here is the point now, what if it's the case Brohm wants to stay at Purdue. What would you want to happen?

Just a world where Brohm isn't an option, what is the right move? Do we wait another year for Brohm? Do we move on from Satt because he's not the guy and start over? I mean we all are mad and want changes based on twitter and rumor banter. Remember Brohm watch in 2018 where we all knew Brohm was coming and the rumors were wrong?

So if Satt is that bad, do we go make a move now and go get a big name or someone else? Or is it just get Brohm or let Satt have another year with the returning guys?

I mean we could fire him and be up the creek without a paddle and get someone worse? We could make a big play for Tom Herman or some big time coordinator? I'd be down with Dwayne Ledford returning, I think he was the heart and soul of this rebuild and could fix the issues of motivation and fit, would come right in and succeed?

Ledford's line was not as good as Bickell's. As cod offensive coordinator, play calling was not better.

Ledford's line was not as good as Bickell's. As cod offensive coordinator, play calling was not better.
He didn't call the plays, Satt called the plays. He was more in charge of the scheme. Bickell's line was built from Ledford's working recruiting and developing. Remember, the line was garbage when Ledford arrived. Ledford was the guy getting everyone hype. There's a reason the NFL came calling.

He'd let someone else call plays and run the defense, he'd be more about managing the program, recruiting, player/fan engagement.

Ok we're all hearing rumors. We're mad about the season and it didn't go well. That's for certain. So here is the point now, what if it's the case Brohm wants to stay at Purdue. What would you want to happen?

Just a world where Brohm isn't an option, what is the right move? Do we wait another year for Brohm? Do we move on from Satt because he's not the guy and start over? I mean we all are mad and want changes based on twitter and rumor banter. Remember Brohm watch in 2018 where we all knew Brohm was coming and the rumors were wrong?

So if Satt is that bad, do we go make a move now and go get a big name or someone else? Or is it just get Brohm or let Satt have another year with the returning guys?

I mean we could fire him and be up the creek without a paddle and get someone worse? We could make a big play for Tom Herman or some big time coordinator? I'd be down with Dwayne Ledford returning, I think he was the heart and soul of this rebuild and could fix the issues of motivation and fit, would come right in and succeed?

Unless you have solid assurances from Brohm that he will come then you stick with Satt. I don’t think Satt “is that bad”. I just don’t think he’s that good. He is not a good fit here and hasn’t connected with the community.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Brohm is only reason you fire him so if Brohm is not an option then you stick with Satterfield.

I said this in another thread. They have to get a legit recruiter. Recruiting has to improve. Better recruiting buys him more time. Even the perception of better recruiting buys him time.

Fix the defense without replacing the majority of the staff. Have to get creative.
They have to land impact players in the portal. That side of ball determines his future.

He has to evolve as a play caller. The passing game really needs help mainly in route concepts. Way too reliant on the deep ball. Offense dies if they can’t run it well enough to set up pass.

Reactions: BPGhost
In My opinion, you don’t just have 1 option. If he needs to be fired (I like the word replaced) then you do it. It’s not Jeff or Scott, you move to option 2. My option 2 is Jay Gruden. I like the idea of someone who has ties to the University and is vested somewhat. I truly believe, especially if we make no changes whatever, we are going to be exactly where we are today, disappointed and frustrated.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
In My opinion, you don’t just have 1 option. If he needs to be fired (I like the word replaced) then you do it. It’s not Jeff or Scott, you move to option 2. My option 2 is Jay Gruden. I like the idea of someone who has ties to the University and is vested somewhat. I truly believe, especially if we make no changes whatever, we are going to be exactly where we are today, disappointed and frustrated.

I don’t agree with Jay Gruden. He has never had to recruit. And now with NIL, you had better be able to really recruit players and cultivate NIL relationships. I don’t see him moving the needle.

Drama going down today. I'm not sure what to believe but just know things are moving.

Drama going down today. I'm not sure what to believe but just know things are moving.
It's Friday. News dumps happen on Friday.

Malik being back gave some good news. Scott coming back will sour, but we have basketball in the morning and we'll calm down as we get into basketball. A good bowl win happens. Then it's not as dire.

Also, Scott dealing with his dad's death this week is probably why it took this long. If you make a move, you have to move quick and this is taking to long. I think if Scott was out, he'd be out. Jeff/Louisville both know that no matter where they are, this early signing period makes time a big factor.

Remember there is a ton of openings out there. So many dominoes to come. Wherever you lay, let it play out.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT