ADVERTISEMENT

Howie, Can you forward this to U of L and Yum Center Please

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
My wife and I took our 5 year old to his first game tonight, and our first game since he was born, and he had fun and is totally a cardinal fan. Just two notes however about the Yum center and some simple changes that should be made.

First, it may sound corny but it was my son's first national anthem and i would think it would help all young fans if they actually put the words to the national anthem on the big screen. he had no idea what was being said and couldn't wait to sit back down but if he could have seen the words it may have helped him pay attention. it'd probably help us all to be reminded of the words every once in a while.

second, and most importantly, for any persons who have color blindness issues, the scores on the main scoreboard in the hue of red cannot be seen. i have dichromatic color blindess (lack of red tint) and i have to look to the end zones to the left of the galt house signage to see the score as they are in white numbers. but on the main scoreboard, if you have red/green issues, the scores are almost impossible to read. maybe have someone do some research as simply changing the hue of red will help but right now stinks to watch a game in person and not be able to read the score in front of your face because no one ever thought that others may have issues.

the nfl did the same thing with their color rush uniforms and when the jets played they disappeared into the field and i could only see numbers running around. (https://deadspin.com/stupid-nike-uniforms-wreaking-havoc-on-colorblind-nfl-f-1742272136).

thanks for your help

My wife and I took our 5 year old to his first game tonight, and our first game since he was born, and he had fun and is totally a cardinal fan. Just two notes however about the Yum center and some simple changes that should be made.

First, it may sound corny but it was my son's first national anthem and i would think it would help all young fans if they actually put the words to the national anthem on the big screen. he had no idea what was being said and couldn't wait to sit back down but if he could have seen the words it may have helped him pay attention. it'd probably help us all to be reminded of the words every once in a while.

second, and most importantly, for any persons who have color blindness issues, the scores on the main scoreboard in the hue of red cannot be seen. i have dichromatic color blindess (lack of red tint) and i have to look to the end zones to the left of the galt house signage to see the score as they are in white numbers. but on the main scoreboard, if you have red/green issues, the scores are almost impossible to read. maybe have someone do some research as simply changing the hue of red will help but right now stinks to watch a game in person and not be able to read the score in front of your face because no one ever thought that others may have issues.

the nfl did the same thing with their color rush uniforms and when the jets played they disappeared into the field and i could only see numbers running around. (https://deadspin.com/stupid-nike-uniforms-wreaking-havoc-on-colorblind-nfl-f-1742272136).

thanks for your help

Wow good points. Never thought about the second issue. I’m sure your not alone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT